Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Having one garrison for ALL my characters on one account would of probably kept me subbed. Finding and unlocking easier ways to do daily garrison stuff, such as having your FOLLOWERS mine the ore, or pick the herbs would of been a bonus. All the fluffy non-content stuff they added in 6.1 accelerated my departure IE: twitter integration/music box stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    In what ways could WoD have been a better expansion for you?

What would have made you enjoy the expansion even more?
    1) Allow flying at 100
    2) Garrison Changes
    - Change follower missions so you can only do X per week per account, eliminating the need to revisit your garrison every couple of hours. Perhaps each garrison-capable alt could add 1 mission to that account-wide weekly cap per level over level 90. This makes missions important, and optimizing for success critical. And allows them to offer relevant rewards.
    - Change garrisons to primarily function as quest hubs. Remove all gold and material rewards outside special missions. Just weekly quests and garrison resources to continue garrison advancement, fenced in. Mines and herb gardens level professions, but reward garrison resources. Remove bank access and auction houses. Get people in their faction's city.
    - Make garrison advancement and unlocks account-wide. Every character should customize his own garrison, but missions, followers, and all rewards should be account-wide.
    3) Give dungeons meaningful rewards, so there's a reason to do them more than once. Such a huge waste of content.

If gold and material rewards aren't removed in the next expansion, we'll still be forced to login all our alts several times per day just to make money. My garrisons make ~2k gold per day just from missions and salvage across 11 characters.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2015-03-30 at 06:58 PM.

-Lot's of daily quest hubs.
    -10 more 5 mans
    -not only flying mounts, but mounts that let me go into space
    -not only ground mounts, but ground mounts that let me tunnel from one spot to another
    -more raid difficulty: LFr, LFR heroic, LFR mythic, Normal, normal mythic, normal harcore, normal hellmode, mythic hellmode, mythic lololol ya rite mode
    -more gnomes
    -more bgs revolved around punting gnomes
    -more garrison levels: I want garrison mode, keep mode, village mode, town mode, city mode, master of the universe mode.
    -more levels. Why stop at 100, seriously.

Man, there is so much that would make WoD better its hard to come up with them all. But I think my changes should have been in vanilla to begin with and every expansion since them would have been 10000x more awesomer.

- Flight after first content patch
    - Dailies/Rep - now I don't mean what they dropped on us in MoP that was crazy. I think giving us factions that reward gear at friendly and Honored (that can be achieved while leveling and doing the dailies once), however to get to Revered and exalted you would need to do them. Exalted would give a mount, Revered would give a pet or some transmog gear or toys.
    - More 5 man dungeons and a way to keep them relevant.
    - Garrison chores reduced - personally all I think you would have to do, is if you have someone working the mine or garden they would get the mats for you
    - Bring reforge back - I hate having to run a sim everytime I get a piece of gear
    - Tanaan released at launch, and what ever Netherstorm was coming in a content patch down the line.
    - Some dynamic open world events
    - Take Ashran out of the que system (but I am not a pvp person)
    - Have real capital cities

Funny thing is some of those things were pimped for WoD at Blizzcon but never made it live.

I wish they wouldn't of gutted almost everything prior to the release, especially mentioning this and that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Still like to ride past the same rock and tree after 4.5 months? think you are one of the only guys still enjoying the pixels on the ground.
    as a matter of fact, yes. I enjoy venturing into dangerous places on ground without having my game experience ruined by flying. take the daily groups for example, the layout, the routes, the elite mobs. flying ruins the gameplay because instead of having to venture slowly towards your objective and working your way through them you just fly on top of the quest objective, kill the poor bastard then fly away.

you want my opinion? flying should NEVER have been added in the first place. sure it was fun and exciting at first but in the long run it ruined the game experience. and I think blizzard realized this, that's why they're trying to keep it away from new content.

they should introduce flying in the last patch, and just 2-3 months before the next expansion.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-03-30 at 07:18 PM.

My wishlist is mostly casual content:
    Less strict transmogification rules. Any armor type can be used and slots can be hidden. Atleast shoulders. I want legendaries to be available for transmog but I understand why it's not.
    More dungeons and/or a better reason to do them. I liked the lich king system with repution and emblems/justice points.
    Profession rework or a return to the old system. I like that you can craft useful items right away but the catch-up system made old world mats useless.
    More guildperks to unlock from achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    you want my opinion?
    About the topic of this thread, yes. WoD has no flying, so there's no need to take it away. You like it as it is.

Lets not turn this into another flying vs. no flying flamefest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I believe WoD is to as near perfect of an expansion (TBC) in terms of gameplay, systems, and overall enjoyability.
    You are one of the few who feel this way.

What would have made you enjoy the expansion even more?
    Not having added garrisons. Then again I guess if they removed that it would have been called a patch wouldn't it? To me the lack of actual content made me ask myself why am I still playing this game? So, about a week or two prior to WoD I unsubbed and went to FFXIV and have been happy with it ever since. Nothing in WoD appealed to me at all. Garrisons were the final straw for me and I guess I won't be back till they are gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    About the topic of this thread, yes. WoD has no flying, so there's no need to take it away. You like it as it is.

Lets not turn this into another flying vs. no flying flamefest.
    not intending to do that. but no flying is one of the main reasons WoD is receiving a lot of heat, imo unjustly so. (there are still tons of problems with WoD though.)

Flying would definitely improve things dramatically for me. I like to explore WITHOUT worrying about whether or not I'm about to enter combat with mobs. As it is, I just never leave my garrison except for the Ashlei pet battle and I only do that because I can "fly" to her with the feather and then hearth back to my garrison.

If I can't fly, I may as well stay in my self made city afterall. AH, bank, can queue for anything I want to do, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    not intending to do that. but no flying is one of the main reasons WoD is receiving a lot of heat, imo unjustly so. (there are still tons of problems with WoD though.)
    Lots of people very, very strongly disagree. Anyway, the topic of this thread is about what you would change to make WoD better. If it turns into a flying flamefest the mods will just lock it.

I put flying at 100 as #1 in my list, above fixing garrisons. That order was intentional-- I feel very strongly about it. And garrisons are awful.

7+ Year Old Account
    In what ways could WoD have been a better expansion for you?
    I'll try to keep things into categories for an easier read:

Exploration:
    Spoiler: 

-Jagged environments (A la Classic) encouraging wall-climbing in outdoor areas.

-No Aviana's Feather or other mimicked flying items for true ground-experience

-More Easter eggs in hard-to-get spots, further encouraging wall-climbing

-Dynamic exploration events (Cracks appearing on the ground/wall for limited time leading to treasures/archaeology etc etc) for actual rewards from exploring.

World PvP:
    Spoiler: 

-PvP Raid (A la Wintergrasp/Tol Barad with a RNG mount drop)

-World PvP Dailies (Kill X of other faction while on Draenor, etc etc)

-Dynamic world PvP events (A la Zangarmarsh/Auchindoun/Eastern Plaguelands) encouraging PvP battles over temporary control of territory, PvP Raid, or Dungeon Buffs)

-Everything that Ashran offered, except actually ON DRAENOR. (Imagine summoning bosses to attack other faction's bases etc etc)

-NO ASHRAN (isolated island of crap FTL)

-An actual Arena somewhere ON DRAENOR (A la Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn Vale)

Instanced PvP:
    Spoiler: 

-More Arena maps (with inverse skin-maps like Pre-destroyed Lordaeron etc etc)

-More Battleground maps (with inverse skin-maps like Snow-covered Arathi Basin, Pre-war-ravaged Warsong Gulch)

-More Battleground objectives (Oddball, King of the Hill, Last Man Standing, PvP Racing, etc)

Gear Customization:
    Spoiler: 

-Reforging re-instated

-Gear upgrading re-instated

-Use of more than 3 crafted items (giving alternative gearing methods more clout)

-Lessened Transmogrification rules

Ability-prune REDACTED:
    Spoiler: 

-Flavor abilities/pruned abilities are now restored to all classes

PvE content:

Spoiler: 

-More dungeons (with a couple RNG mount drops)

-Long, sprawling, Mythic dungeons (rewards on par with either normal/heroic raiding with chance for warforged/socketed, as well as special epic gems/vanity)

-Scenarios re-instated (to tell lore/story-lines left out or told in books instead)

-Less raiding difficulties (no LFR. ONLY Flex, Normal, Heroic)

-Attunements required for raiding (quests that span Draenor, heroic dungeons, etc)

Questing:
    Spoiler: 

-Less on-rails Questing (encouraging exploration)

-More emphasis on Heroic/Group quests (encouraging communication, socialization, and grouping)

-Re-instate the ability to do quests that are considered too high level for the average player with appropriate experience rewards

-Class quests

-More unique divergences based on how you complete a quest (consequences to your story-lines)

Removal of Garrisons
    Spoiler: 

-All gathering is ON DRAENOR

-All resources wasted on Garrisons is put into everything else suggested

I think this would have made WoD the best expansion for me ever, EVEN surpassing Classic/TBC
    Last edited by DarkspearNeverDie; 2015-03-30 at 07:45 PM.

Arena/battleground "skins" are a great idea. Could make those zones feel so much fresher with a limited amount of actual work required. Good job!

-no Asharan
    -class balance

-Ashran implemented a bit more along the lines of Wintergrasp
    -Leveling could have taken quite a bit longer.
    -Complete removal of garrisons.
    -Complete rollback and rethink of how professions were umm... "improved"
    -Complete rollback / rethink of how the prune was handled.
    -Tanaan actually available from the outset.
    -Leave the old UBRS in place.
    -Challenge mode gear would have been = or better than LFR from the outset
    -Tier gear and trinkets available from LFR, difficulty raised accordingly.
    -Initial wave of 5 mans would have excluded Grimrail depot and Docks. Release both of these with BRF, make them more difficult, with appropriate better rewards than other 5 mans.
    -Apexis rewards more along the lines of what was available via old valor.
    -6.1 would have had a daily hub rather than irrelevant social media hooks.
    -world bosses with split loot tables.

Flying isn't remotely near the 'needs fixing' list frankly.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2015-03-31 at 01:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about we wait until it's over?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Having the ability to manage all my accounts garrisons from wither a app or from the one toon in some way 11 garrisons takes sooo long to fully work every day

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    How about we wait until it's over?
    At that point, we're on to the next expansion and nobody cares. Right now it still matters; the devs could take our feedback and make improvements while they remain relevant.

I mean, they won't. But they could.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    -Flying
    -Easier Normal Mode
    -Apexis from Raids/Dungeons
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-