Thread: PC Upgrade

PC Upgrade

Hey, I'd like to ask which part of my current setup could use replacing the most, and also for any recommendations if possible.
    Budget aroundish 200-250 euro.
    Thank you

My current setup:
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz

RAM
    16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (CPUSocket)

Graphics
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I would recommend upgrading is the GPU, but which games do you play besides WoW?

For WoW, many people will recommend GTX 750 or HD 6970 because they are good and are not ridiculously expensive. Both are on sale right now sub-$100 (US dollars).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiknee View Post
    The only thing I would recommend upgrading is the GPU, but which games do you play besides WoW?

For WoW, many people will recommend GTX 750 or HD 6970 because they are good and are not ridiculously expensive. Both are on sale right now sub-$100 (US dollars).
    That won't be much of an upgrade if any...

That said I'd wait for a month or two and see what happens with the GPU market when the R9 3xx appear. Should reduce some prices and stuff, hopefully. Also bigger selection of stuff to pick from.

Agree with Remilia on waiting for R9 300 releases. I guess if you had to have something right away, the GTX960 is a solid card and I believe they're around $200 USD.

Deleted
    As others have mentioned only worth to upgrade your gpu, cpu still holds its power. Also a 200-250 euro range for gpu is easy, get the gtx960.

Thank you all for quick replies I thought that would be the case and wanted to make sure. I suppose I'l wait then as you've recommended.