Guild Wars 2 WvWvW vs Elder Scrolls online FvFvF

So i have been playing guild wars 2 now since beta and some of my buddies are thinking about making the move over to ESO since it is now B2P similar to GW2. So question is how is the pvp on eso compared to gw2 pvp? What makes the two different? Some of the things, one does better then the other? Some of the things that each do bad?

ESO's RvR map has a much, much, much larger map and gives you a true sense of scale that GW2's RvR map. You truly feel like your traversing a battlefield and in the midst of a siege. My only complaint with both maps is... there isn't much depth. ESO has more than GW2 with vehicles and scrolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about ESO but PvP and WvW in GW2 are different beast. Just going off of what people say about ESOs take on RvR, GW2s is faster but a far less emphasis on siege, also smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I don't know about ESO but PvP and WvW in GW2 are different beast. Just going off of what people say about ESOs take on RvR, GW2s is faster but a far less emphasis on siege, also smaller.
    Is there a resource system in the eso rvr similar of that in gw2? Also i was reading somewhere, that after you capture a keep the keep doesn't automatically repair itself. How does that work out? I imagine it would be hard to keep a keep "lol" once captured, do it being weaker since you destroyed the whole place.

ESO's "WvW" is dreadful performance wise. It's fun, but the amount of lag gets ridiculous. ZOE can't fix it. Even after reducing the population cap and removing pretty much all wildlife, it's still bad.
    My prodominatly World PVP guild left the game because it was impossible to get our main force out and organized without severe lag and disconnects.

GW2 WvW actually works. There is hardly any lag. It's very competitive. There is a lot of strategy required.
    My guild moved back to GW2 since Ashran is a complete joke.

If you just want to run around and cause havoc for a couple of hours, ESO is good for that. Do not commit to it. It's a lost cause at this point.

GW2 would be the better choice if you want to commit to this type of gameplay. The next PVP season is coming soon, Tier 1 will be insane.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2015-03-31 at 04:24 AM.

GW2 WvW:
    - siege isn't that important. only the leader/commander really needs to put any down and it's mostly just for wall busting.
    - it's easier to find smaller scale fights. you can roam in small parties or as a guild and look for open field fights. zerging is definitely still a problem in GW2 and it will get laggy when you're facing giant pug blobs.
    - lots of minor objectives so it spreads people out more.
    - the map is very "open" and there's lots of fields and ways to navigate your way around
    - it's hard to find things to do if there arent guilds out in the open when you arent hitting a keep
    - group synergy and aoe spells are really important and the game was clearly designed to support this kind of play. group fights tend to last longer if you're coordinated.

ESO AvA:
    - siege is extremely important. everyone is expected to carry several types of siege. it's just as important for wall busting as it is for killing players.
    - smaller scale fights are harder to find. mid sized groups will have a very difficult time taking objectives. big zergs dominate the map and the lag is more severe than in GW2 to the point where it can cripple the fight and make people crash.
    - keeps and scrolls are both major objectives so people are more condensed.
    - there's a lot of choke points that dont give any benefit to holding eg. gates and bridges they just serve to funnel people in
    - there are PvE objectives and quests spread out in the map
    - group synergy is limited to your ultimates mostly. the meta play in ESO isn't as strong as GW2. the Time to Kill in ESO is really low and people have a lot of powerful single target spells so you get blown up in a single GCD easily if more than 1 person targets you.

I think that GW2 has a better system for players to fight others players when they are grouped up in the open field (some people refer to this as GvG, basically guilds dueling other guilds as a group). ESO's small scale fights, like 1vX, are better as well as the keep sieges and the map is overall a lot more interesting.

I find ESO pvp hard to do because most of it is in clusters and my computer can't handle that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd recommend taking a look at the revamped GW2 WvW map if you didn't enjoy it before, havent tested it myself but heard that there's more interest in sieging than before, as for ESO there's tons of lag sadly and well my pc coudln't keep up 8(
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    I looked at ESO pvp, but was in beta so I dont know if anything changed. But it looked kind of dated, stiff and boring. No offence to the likers, just my opinion.
    I never got into GW2 wvwvw, I played a little when game launched, but queues were long and bugged so my friends couldn't play together, but we sure had fun when we did. But we all have other obligations irl so we couldn't plan to play an evening when it wasn't sure all of us could get in and when. Im sure queues aren't as long now, however my friends are probably less likely to return. But I think about it every now and then to return and play and level a little, will see if and when it would be.
    However, if I was to hardcore world pvp, without doubt GW2 would be my choice. And the game is beautiful, and pink asuras adorable =)