[Weak Aura] Out of Healer Range

I'm looking to create a weak aura that lets me know if I'm out of range of a healer.

I tried to adapt the near player aura from here: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...here-for-help/

I was met with mild success - the code worked, selected only healers, and showed up most of the time. However, the function returned a "nil" often and the message would randomly disappear and come back a few seconds later.

The code I ended up with can be found here: http://pastebin.com/0gPvCEkT

Any idea how something like this might be accomplished?

Im not sure about Weak Auras, but a workaround would be to use a unit frame addon, for example Shadowed has a range indicator and you could just set the out of range opacity of 0% so it would only show the healer frame when youre in range (but not sure if it works the other way round). Also the frame itself would be limited aesthetically as its basically a unit frame but you could just use the empty bar and change its shape/colour etc.

Deleted
    This should do roughly what you want: pastebin
    Shows a list of class colored names for healers in your raid when you are out of range (>40y) from them.
    Do you want to see the distance to them or is just seeing the names enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsda View Post
    This should do roughly what you want: pastebin
    Shows a list of class colored names for healers in your raid when you are out of range (>40y) from them.
    Do you want to see the distance to them or is just seeing the names enough?
    This sounds like an awesome solution to what I needed. I'll test it out during raid tonight and report back. Thank you.

Edit: This weakaura was fantastic and served the exact purpose I wanted it for. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by FatedPrime; 2015-04-01 at 03:44 AM.

Deleted
    No problem!