Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Exalted with all horde factions in WoD. Didn't see a problem with it, it's cake compared to grinding the Insane title (which I'm still working on, but distracted by too much other stuff).

Edit: Noticed that the lowest completed horde reps are frostwolf and laughing skull, you can easily grind 7k+ rep/hour with both. Frostwolf: AoE mind-frozen goren near Hoarfrost (don't kill him or they stop spawning), laughing skull get a group and go anti-clockwise around pit, cannon across to skip the east side and pick up the 2 types of buffs along the way for massive dmg buffs.

I wonder how low Arakkoa and Steamwheedle would be if it wasn't for the rep tokens you can send across characters. The Nagrand rare beasts also had a high droprate for the exp elixir early in the expansion and you had groups farming them cross-realm all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Etul View Post
    Exalted with all horde factions in WoD. Didn't see a problem with it, it's cake compared to grinding the Insane title (which I'm still working on, but distracted by too much other stuff).

Edit: Noticed that the lowest completed horde reps are frostwolf and laughing skull, you can easily grind 7k+ rep/hour with both. Frostwolf: AoE mind-frozen goren near Hoarfrost (don't kill him or they stop spawning), laughing skull get a group and go anti-clockwise around pit, cannon across to skip the east side and pick up the 2 types of buffs along the way for massive dmg buffs.
    Just because it's easy doesn't mean it isn't needlessly long and boring. It's too monotonous for anyone to bother with it, especially when the rewards are subpar at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly wish that there were dailies for the reputations. I have no reason to go out into the world, there's no sense of organization because there is no dailies. Garrison 'daily' is a mess. Grinding mobs for Apexis to grind mobs for rep to grind mobs for more Apexis to waste gold on recolored mounts. The mount rewards aren't even unique to the factions, the other rewards are meh. I have never felt so frustrated over an expansion before like I have with Warlords. I want to enjoy the zones and have a purpose to be out there but, I would rather sit in my Garrison doing nothing because I have no reason to go out. Grinding mobs is excessively boring and no amount of rep goodies will motivate me to work on reputations.

Deleted
    horrible graph again

I'm just leaving it for end of wod/next expansion. By that time they might buff the rep gain, or give you more tokens/championing. Grinding thousands of mobs, for several reps, for boring re-coloured talbuks is not fun. At least shaohao had a gorgeous mount to work for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    There are no significant rewards from factions since we "didn't want items locked behind dailies", so now factions are as optional as we wanted in 5.0

I.e completely irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many of the "at least 1 faction" people only have Nat Pagle, and have him from MoP. That was how I unlocked my level 3 Trading Post.

I have all 5 of the reps at exalted. None of them were very difficult to do and I really don't mind the grind to get them, I actually kinda enjoyed it.

I think I have 73 exalted reps atm (game is down and the armory is weird with how it lists them). I've been doing rep grinds since vanilla when it was nothing but a near endless grind to get some of the reps up. It may just be a personal thing with me to get them, but it's one of the things I enjoy doing in the game. It's obviously not for everyone, but that's why the game has many different aspects to it. There is generally something for everyone even though most people don't care about anything they don't want to do themselves.

Seems rather early for the servers to be coming down

Deleted
    I got the Frostwolves and Steamwheedle Preservation Society on Exalted, i'm almost exalted with Arrakoa Outcasts and I'm currently "preparing" to start on the Laughing Skull because I want to remove the Trading Post from my garrison :P Blizzard have tried various methods of obtaining reputation over the expansions, Classic- Quests & Grind, TBC - Do specific Dungeons, Grind, Return Items & Dailies, Wrath - Tabards & Later the Argent Tournament, Cataclysm - Tabards & Dailies(Molten Front), Mists - Dailies & Later That one daily dungeon & scenario.Now we're back to Grind.What I think is best is a combination of all of those - every faction should have like 2-3 daily quests for 200-300rep each, you should be able to do one dungeon with a champion faction for 500 reputation and there should be mobs to grind or Items to grind and return for the people who want to get to Exalted in one day. Also I think the reason so few people are raising reputation in Warlords is because there are no useful gear rewards, at least one 640-650 Epic would have made them more popular, but then people would have complained that "they are forced to grind rep for gear", I guess Blizzard wanted to avoid that. Rewards should be : Friendly - Low Level Gear (615), Honored - Toy, Revered - Follower & Piece of Gear (640-650), Exalted - Tabard, Mount & Pet + Cosmetic Item or a title if its relevant.

Well, isn't the have-one-rep-exalted achievement buggy? I believe I got it without any fraction even close to exalted.

Then I only push factions on my main - have 78 factions on exalted now.
    Don't see any point in doing so for my alts since mounts and pets are account-wide anyways and I have no need
    for all the followers.

So, why even bother making a chart for chars? It should look a bit different for accounts.

Deleted
    How can the "one exalted rep" be 42%, when all the others combined are about half that?

I'm guessing the same bug that got me the first achievement for one exalted rep is skewing the results. I got that achievement when I logged onto my lvl 86 mage that had never even been to Draenor. This is before I had exalted with any draenor faction on any character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordhbane View Post
    How can the "one exalted rep" be 42%, when all the others combined are about half that?

I'm guessing the same bug that got me the first achievement for one exalted rep is skewing the results. I got that achievement when I logged onto my lvl 86 mage that had never even been to Draenor. This is before I had exalted with any draenor faction on any character.
    I'm not certain, but I think being Best Friend with Nat Pagle from MoP counts, as you can get him in the Garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one rep achievement was bugged, you could get it from creating a level 1 spacegoat since the 6.0 patch (before wod even launched). So that drastically over emphasizes how many people have grinded 1 rep :/ I have the level three trading post because of it and no wod reps at exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    tfw grinded all these out because I was bored

Same as the others. I actually randomly received the 'Savage Friends' achievement when logging in to an alt that was at lvl 20 or so, right after 6.0. That explains why it's at 40%+, when the actual factions added together are less than half that number. I still don't have a single one of the factions on exalted, but I haven't really tried. Didn't really see the point tbh, I don't really like the new mounts anyway.

Deleted
    sooo.. if i count the percentages of the reputations thats a total of 21.28% tough i think its likely that rep hunters have more factions on one char.

Warlords rep? No, thanks. There's much time before next expansion (not for getting rep), so looking forward for more useless content which I will not touch, neither 99% of active players. They said Timeless Isle (rep) was success and people like it, so they gonna bring something like it in WoD. Well, I needed few mounts for 200 mounts achievement so I farmed TI rep... Still need few for 250 mounts achievement, but I don't give a F for reskins and stupid grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, we have seen 4 end game "things to do", Challenge Modes, Raiding, alt Leveling, and Rep grinding. It seems to me that a very small percentage of people are actually doing those activities. It would be interesting to see how Garrison stats look, as it seems that those are the thing that people still log in to do.

For what it's worth I have one exalted rep and that is because i pooled all the tokens from missions and used them on one alt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    There are no significant rewards from factions since we "didn't want items locked behind dailies", so now factions are as optional as we wanted in 5.0

I.e completely irrelevant.
    yup ...

optional without rewards == irrelevant
    optional with rewards == mandatory