Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    On the plus side, you don't find a lot of blacks or Hispanics in the mass murderer category.
    You seriously need to read a bit more about Africa history and rethink that statement. But then again you dont find a lot of any race in the mass murderer category, those are 1 in a million kind of people.

The National Black Church Initiative isn't actually a coalition of churches, or so it appears from their website. They're some kind of loosely affiliated third party and look shady as fuck. They sell branded bottled water. It doesn't actually look like they have any authority over their "member churches". In fact they're not even a solely Christian organization - their logo on the "about NCBI" page includes the symbols of Islam and Judaism among others, even though in their president is talking about the "Word of God in the Mind of Christ" in their press release.

My best guess is that they're a marketing and sales firm that counts its clients as "member churches". So this announcement really has nothing to do with a religious denomination's policy, it's the NBCI trying to get its name in the press.

EDIT:

So far, one actual church total has left Presbyterian USA over this.

EDIT EDIT:

"The National Black Church Initiative (NBCI) is a coalition of 34,000 African-American and Latino churches working to eradicate racial disparities in healthcare, technology, education, housing, and the environment. NBCI's mission is to provide critical wellness information to all of its members, congregants, churches and the public. The National Black Church Initiative's methodology is utilizing faith and sound health science.

The aim of this website is to offer our member congregants and the public helpful and healthy science-based tips on how to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The website also offers the latest information on housing, education, technology and environmental issues."

Yeah this is not a religious institution.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2015-03-31 at 08:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    Minorities can't be racist/homophobic/sexist/etc.; fact.
    Too true, way too true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    You seriously need to read a bit more about Africa history and rethink that statement. But then again you dont find a lot of any race in the mass murderer category, those are 1 in a million kind of people.
    I did rethink it. Between you and me we have a semantics problem. To me Ted Bundy is a mass murderer, yes there are black political leaders who've killed a lot of people just like there are white political leaders who've killed a lot.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I never hear anything about it from liberals?[/URL]
    there was literally a thread about this on /r/news with people complaining about it

Deleted
    Isn't protesting against LGBT only 2nd to protesting against jews? Either way, you'd better skip country really soon?

I'd say blacks mirror whites as far as LGBT goes, if we omit gang culture. I bet there are plenty of scientific studies about it on the Internet.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Protesting LGBT is kind of old school. I really don't see the point of it in 2015. It's literally a lost cause.

Personally I'm bored by the whole thing.

Everyone is equal in the law, sexuality/race/etc should just be no big deal, and the sooner screaming ideologies, victim-complexes and ridiculous religion get tossed out, the better.

That doesn't mean we can't have opinions, prejudices, make jokes, have our own tastes, and be offensive. It just means that society doesn't codify bias in law, so as long as the law is fair, then it's ok. If it's not, fix the law.

Everyone needs to take a chill pill, get off twitter, and realise that we're all just human animals living a rather complex version of a very simple biological life.

It pretty sad people let these cults with medieval practices dictate them, its 2015.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I not see anger and see this in the news? Seems like the black community are against LBGT but I never hear anything about it from liberals?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...iage-approval/
    Because no one but the extreme right thinks anything on breitbart.com is true.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bandetyouko View Post
    It pretty sad people let these cults with medieval practices dictate them, its 2015.
    When we won't have religious wars, then you can start being shocked about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Your stalker View Post
    Besides the War in Iraq and Afghanistan wasn't the major wars fought against Atheist like Joseph Stalin and his atheist country as in the Cold War?

Because you've associated this event with the wrong demographic. It has nothing to do with these organizations being primarily composed of racial minority members, and everything to do with them being fundamentalist churches - and it is not news that Christian fundamentalists are against the LGBT+ community.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Besides the War in Iraq and Afghanistan wasn't the major wars fought against Atheist like Joseph Stalin and his atheist country as in the Cold War?
    How was Russia an atheist country?

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    How was Russia an atheist country?
    Uh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...e_Soviet_Union

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Correct. But if you look at how he is trying to categorize. It begs the question. Why people identify USA as a Christian country when it isn't state sponsored. Yet are willing to call Russia an atheist country when it is state sponsored.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Correct. But if you look at how he is trying to categorize. It begs the question. Why people identify USA as a Christian country when it isn't state sponsored. Yet are willing to call Russia an atheist country when it is state sponsored.
    I don't think he called the USA a Christian country.

I think he was pointing out that it is dishonest to attribute most of the wars / genocide of the 20th century to religious conflict (shocking for MMO-champ, I know )

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I don't think he called the USA a Christian country.

I think he was pointing out that it is dishonest to attribute most of the wars / genocide of the 20th century to religious conflict (shocking for MMO-champ, I know )
    The original quote was his reply to a comment regarding religious war. It looks like he has considered the parties involved. Or else the Iraq and Afghanistan wouldn't have been labeled religious would it not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I not see anger and see this in the news? Seems like the black community are against LBGT but I never hear anything about it from liberals?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...iage-approval/
    Kind of hard to take a thread seriously when you generalize an entire political group just to slyly bash them.

I can get with the fact that the media can be biased sure.

I do know of a lot of gay black people. Though I think minorities tend to be more conservative, which is ironic considering the republicans' stance on them.