Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Those "moderate" Muslims in many Muslim countries, by extremist standards, hang homosexuals. Like in Iran. Muslim extremists blow themselves up.
    Neither of those are "moderate" muslims. Your shifting the center point to a group that is less extreme (but still extreme, as they hang gay people) than another extreme, in order to make a point.

This is deliberate and false, it is an attempt to deceive us into believing that Muslims who hang gays are "moderate.

Wrong.

Muslims in Iran, or more specifically their government and the Ayatollah, tend to be extremist, but not as extremist as ISIS.

Once again, you fail to realize that many things, including Islam and extremism, operates on a spectrum. Moderate Muslims are Muslims like my supervisor, who would never purposely hurt someone in his life, who has never tried to convert me, and who regards ISIS for being sick fucks who violate the Koran and make a mockery of his religion.

As a matter of fact, the general populous of Iranians, especially young people, aren't very radical at all, not even as much as their hardline government, but of course, among them, there'll be assholes who are violent, and good, decent people, who are peaceful.

But YOU can't understand spectrums. To you, there's black and there's white, and nothing in between.

It's getting very annoying.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    yeah muslims thought-criming gays is just as bad as christian supported anti-gay legislation and business practices, guise!!!
    Careful -- they'll start talking about how Iran treats gays as if that has any relevance to US politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time I watch a liberal news show, all I see are liberals criticizing Christianity, faith in God and an afterlife, and liberals constantly defending Muslim extremists and Islam.
    Criticizing is not hating. Christians give me plenty of reason to criticize their religion, because they're often so interested in pushing their religion into my life where I don't want it. This doesn't mean I hate them. I do not. I wish them well and I wish they'd just leave their religion to themselves and stop trying to push their policies on me. If they try to push their beliefs on me, then of course I'll criticize them as a means to argue, I'll be explaining why I don't share their beliefs, why I don't believe in what they believe in.

That does NOT mean I hate them.

And yes, we defend Muslims, but not the extremists. We defend them, because people like YOU can't seem to understand that not every Muslim is a jihadist terrorist who wants to destroy the Western world. In fact, most of them are not.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Guys, when it comes to people like Garian and wdh1974 please heed the words of Weird Al in my sig.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Criticizing is not hating.
    They'll never admit that. They'll also never admit that losing the ability to tell others what to do isn't the same as being oppressed.

It's the same swan song we see whenever any group in power starts to lose that power.

Well the bible is pretty clear on the matter, but I never saw them obeying that we were supposed to stone homosexuals to death either. What's a little more hypocrisy on the table?

Yes I'm being blunt and probably more than a little offensive, but I've just never understood the church's position on this stuff. Claiming the bible is the ULTIMATE DIVINE AUTHORITY WITH NO FLAWS OR NEED TO BE CHANGED EVER, then proceeding to bend their stance whichever way their culture does. Make up your minds!

This wasn't supposed to be church-bashing so much as hypocrisy-bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    I'd rather be in a room with this guy condemning me to hell and respecting him for it than basically most of the American homosexual "community".
    Due respect, that's a pretty stupid thing to say. If you truly are a gay person yourself, you should already know beyond any doubt that people "wav[ing] a bunch of rainbow penises in the air at a 'pride' parade" already don't represent most of the American homosexual "community."

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The claim is that no libruls ever blast the black people who are as openly homophobic as whites.
    Except that you have already seen it multiple times in this thread alone. At some point you have to admit you're not interested in reality and are just looking for a reason to slam people you disagree with. ("libruls" is plenty of proof just by itself.)

Deleted
    Neither of those are "moderate" muslims. Your shifting the center point to a group that is less extreme (but still extreme, as they hang gay people) than another extreme, in order to make a point.
    Liberals actually believe that the majority of Muslims are peaceful when many of the supposedly peaceful majority hang homosexuals and live in the distant past where they haven't separated religion from government.

Moderates in Muslim countries are more extreme than moderates in the western world.

I mean look at you. You are defending "moderate" Muslims who hang homosexuals.

Why?

Muslims in Iran, or more specifically their government and the Ayatollah, tend to be extremist, but not as extremist as ISIS.
    "Moderate" Muslims still live in the 12th century, politically. Well to be fair, Afghanistan is more like a 7th century culture, only with machine guns. Not a good combination.

As a matter of fact, the general populous of Iranians, especially young people, aren't very radical at all, not even as much as their hardline government, but of course, among them, there'll be assholes who are violent, and good, decent people, who are peaceful.
    Let me know when they join us in the 21st century.

But YOU can't understand spectrums. To you, there's black and there's white, and nothing in between.

It's getting very annoying.
    You tried to counter my point by claiming that some extremists are more extreme than others. Do you even know what extreme means? It means you literally cannot go further.

"Moderate" Muslims in Muslim countries still live in the 12th century, politically. They haven't separated religion from government, and many Muslims believe that the punishment for leaving Islam should be death.

The extremists ram planes into skyscrapers.

You use nuance to win arguments. But you have proven my point: you are defending Muslim countries that hang homosexuals.

Yet it's perfectly ok to persecute Christians in your mind. You see, all a normal average person will see is a double standard. You lost the argument.

Criticizing is not hating. Christians give me plenty of reason to criticize their religion, because they're often so interested in pushing their religion into my life where I don't want it. This doesn't mean I hate them. I do not. I wish them well and I wish they'd just leave their religion to themselves and stop trying to push their policies on me. If they try to push their beliefs on me, then of course I'll criticize them as a means to argue, I'll be explaining why I don't share their beliefs, why I don't believe in what they believe in.
    So you won't mind if Christians want to preserve heterosexual unions then.

And yes, we defend Muslims, but not the extremists. We defend them, because people like YOU can't seem to understand that not every Muslim is a jihadist terrorist who wants to destroy the Western world. In fact, most of them are not.
    Hundreds of millions of Muslims support Jihad. Most Muslim countries still haven't separated religion from government and are therefore stuck in the past. The so-called "moderates" enslave their women.
    Last edited by mmoc614a3ed308; 2015-04-02 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    find an article in the liberal main stream media or liberal blogosphere that has an article chastising the coalition of 34,000 black churches that has cut its ties with Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA) in the wake of its recent vote to approve same-sex marriage
    you know for dam sure if this was a coalition of 34,000 white churches doing so the up roar from liberals and LGBTs would be deafening

what liberals are doing is possibly cutting their own throat are they willing to alienate a big portion of the votes that they take for granted all so to appease 2% of the population
    Call me silly, but I actually decided to take you up on your challenge. So I started investigating. The funny thing was, though, I can't even find an actual reference to the statement other than the circular references across all the conservative sites.

It's nowhere on the National Black Church Initiative (NBCI) web site that I can find. In the site's press release archive, there is only one recent release that has anything to do with gay issues, a press release from the same Rev. Tony Evans (supposedly the one behind all this and the leader of the NBCI) calling for dialog between communities and actually very supportive.

It's not on the NBCI's Facebook page.

The only reference at all I can find to the source is this article on a site called Charisma News which doesn't include any other reference. It says the article is authored by Anthony Evans, but no bio line and no other articles by him on the site, and he speaks of himself in the third person, which is very unusual. That's literally the single source which spawned seemingly hundreds of articles in conservative sites, all of which reference this article or each other but exaggerate what it says.

BTW, I discovered that the NBCI isn't some controlling organization of churches anyways. It's just a lobby and resource group that churches pay $350 a year to support and get access to its services. Go read its site yourself. It doesn't control 34,000 churches, and it's not a coalition. It's just some guy (Rev. Evans) who set up a site to support his community. His supposed rejection of Presbyterians (if it actually exists) has no influence over any of those churches.

So to answer your question Vyxn: Why isn't this being covered by mainstream media? The answer is that even if you assume the facts I listed to be true, it isn't 34,000 churches severing ties with Presbyterians. It's one guy (Rev. Evans) who runs what is probably a one-man resource site, supposedly declaring that he wants to break fellowship with Prebyterians. And then not even following it up on his own organization's sites. No respectable media site would touch this, as it's not a newsworthy subject.

It's almost like the conservative media is overhyping this to score cheap talking points among their low-educated followers. But they would never do that, right?
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

why would i care if white churches cut ties from non-bigoted white churches

why wold i care if black churches did the same

i dont understand how any of this affects me at all or is worth caring about

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well the bible is pretty clear on the matter, but I never saw them obeying that we were supposed to stone homosexuals to death either. What's a little more hypocrisy on the table?

Yes I'm being blunt and probably more than a little offensive, but I've just never understood the church's position on this stuff. Claiming the bible is the ULTIMATE DIVINE AUTHORITY WITH NO FLAWS OR NEED TO BE CHANGED EVER, then proceeding to bend their stance whichever way their culture does. Make up your minds!

This wasn't supposed to be church-bashing so much as hypocrisy-bashing.
    PCUSA does not believe in a literal understanding of the bible. The rules in the Old Testament were guidelines for a society in the first millennium BC that didn't know as much as we do now and lived in a very different way. Society today is different so we need different guidelines. Jesus taught that the law boils down to love God and treat your neighbor as yourself. I don't see any of that in hating and oppressing people for who they were born as.

Of course a lot of Christians and churches like to pick and choose which which rules to follow even if they are in the Bible. Homosexuality is bad but its ok to eat pork.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Well the bible is pretty clear on the matter
    No, it's really not.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No, it's really not.
    obviously man shouldn't lay with man as with women is just pointing out that missionary sucks compared to doggy for anal

10+ Year Old Account
    Liberals actually believe that the majority of Muslims are peaceful when many of the supposedly peaceful majority hang homosexuals and live in the distant past where they haven't separated religion from government.

Moderates in Muslim countries are more extreme than moderates in the western world.

I mean look at you. You are defending "moderate" Muslims who hang homosexuals.

Why?
    Are you fucking serious? Enjoy your time off. It's pretty fucking clear I don't.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    Next life: evidence, please.

As an atheist, I gotta tell you, you're way off. Atheism is NOT, repeat: NOT the lack of religion. It is the answer to one question: do you believe in any gods. Most Buddhists are probably atheists, yet are also religious. Atheistic religions exist. Atheism does not answer the question of ghosts, werewolves, aliens, or even heaven and hell for that matter.
    You really didn't read my post. I was pointing out that Stalin followed the religion of Communism, which is a long way from what most Atheists are. Technically not believing in 'god' or 'gods' makes you an atheist or an agnostic. This as you point out doesn't answer all the rest. However if you go to any scientific minded person who is an atheist or an agnostic they will point out that with out repeatable and testable evidence they can not believe in such things. Which is what most atheists and agnostics are, however people who have godless religions might believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    The only proper response to shit like this is: evidence. Produce some.

Isn't it funny how no one ever responds when you post something like this? Isn't it also funny how very few people just simply ask for evidence instead of debating endlessly about minutiae?
    I ask for evidence, of course I make sure that it's a repeatable test, because you know just because some guy wrote it in a book doesn't make good evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Offended?

absolutely gross, disgusting, stop trying to force the Hetero agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

find an article in the liberal main stream media or liberal blogosphere that has an article chastising the coalition of 34,000 black churches that has cut its ties with Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA) in the wake of its recent vote to approve same-sex marriage
    you know for dam sure if this was a coalition of 34,000 white churches doing so the up roar from liberals and LGBTs would be deafening

what liberals are doing is possibly cutting their own throat are they willing to alienate a big portion of the votes that they take for granted all so to appease 2% of the population
    http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/u...arriages010415

I think a top Gay news organization counts.

This story is complete nonsense, as I pointed out in the thread dedicated to it. At the time the articles about the "coalition of 34,000" were being written, one church total had left the Presbyterian fold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    It is the same reason Gays don't go into a Muslim baker and demand them to make a gay wedding cake. in their little SJW PC world the only ones allowed to be publically targeted chastised and condemned is white Christians you know the group that is responsible for all that is wrong in the world
    I go in to Muslim owned businesses, Jewish owned businesses, and Christian owned businesses daily. Guess which ones don't want my money.

- - - Updated - - -

percentage wise they are the worse offenders so why are they not singled out? actually Muslims world wide are the worse offenders hell with baking a gay a cake many of them will just through gays off a tall building or hang gays in the public squire
    where is the protest from liberals against those actions why are they not protesting in front of mosques or Muslim run businesses? the selective outrage gives the LGBT community and their supporters zero creditability

- - - Updated - - -

so why only one is singled out and the other is given a pass and or ignored?
    You really don't have a clue do you. As a person of the rainbow persuasion I am up in arms constantly over how my people are treated in other parts of the world.

And honestly ALL gay focused media is. And yes we protest and other things.

http://www.out.com/popnography/2015/3/26/sinner-mecca-gay-muslim-documentary-parvez-sharma
    http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/i...men-iraq100315

- - - Updated - - -

where do i find muslim owned tshirt shops
    http://www.muslimhiphopshop.com/isla...rts-c-1_3.html

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wdh1974 View Post
    The deep seeded extreme hate from this liberal majority here is insane, it's hard to believe this is even Americans talking. I've never seen so much hate speech towards a christian, yet liberals are supposed to be the compassionate loving ones, but they have more anger and hate than any christian ive ever met.

How do you liberals explain away all the hate, and hate speech you give to wards Christians, and still remain the caring loving ones?

My explanation.....Satan was very good at lying and deceiving, even in heaven he managed to convert a 1/3 of us souls. I see liberals as the same, the masters of lies and deceit, empty promises saying they are the answer to everything. Even now, your God Obama wants a deal with Iran that isnt written down on any documents, just spoken words, but your god king is ok with that because he hates all things Isreal, Christians, and America(in it's current form), as do most of you.
    Personally I hate all religions, so don't feel singled out here, if your belief allows you to harm others because of Race, Religion, Orientation, or any other reason I hate your religion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    The number one hallmark of Liberals: Hypocrisy.
    lul what?

Hallmark of being Liberal, is to believe in "... Liberty and Justice for ALL!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Huh, well I knew the Soviet Union hated gays, and now I find out the nazis did too. Seems the anti-gays have more and more in common with dictatorships all the time.
    Very much counter to Liberal agenda. However, if you understand history and the Conservative agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

I love them as my fellow countrymen and members of humanity.

I'm also not stupid enough to think that the actions of violent extremists is representative of their entire religion, so there's also that. It helps that I work with a number of Muslims who have yet to try to kill me.

In fact, my supervisor is a Muslim, his family fled Somalia due to all the fighting. He's a good supervisor and a good guy and he explained how extremists make twisted interpretations of the Koran that the mainstream don't believe in.

The only issue I had with the Muslims at work is that one of them would use Ramadan as an excuse to avoid work (oh I have no energy, I don't want to do this because I haven't eaten all day *pout.*) But that's more of an issue of a kid who was barely an adult behaving like a child than Islam.

Religion is fine, I have nothing against people of any religion, whether they be Muslims, Christians, Jews, whatever. Everyone's entitled to their religion and if it makes them happy, whatever.

When they start trying to push their religion on the rest of us however, we're gonna push back.
    Trust me when I say this, I hear peoples of every faith use their beliefs as an excuse to be lazy at one time or another. Just like me, I use PI day, anti-xmas, Towel day, and TLAPD as excuses to be silly and lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Here is the interesting part to me. 'Liberals' claim that Muslims are not all terrorists, which means they love Muslims. Same 'liberals' claim being against gay marriage/rights is not Christianity, which means they hate Christians. How people like Vyxn rationalize that, is unknown to me.
    I hate all religions which judge me, and torment people like me. However with over a Billion Muslims on Earth, not all of them are terrorist, same with any religion really.

I mean most people don't even know where most Muslims live. I'll post the answer in a bit as a spoiler.

reiterate the question: What Nation has the highest population of Muslims, what part of the world has the most Muslims?

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I watch a liberal news show, all I see are liberals criticizing Christianity, faith in God and an afterlife, and liberals constantly defending Muslim extremists and Islam.

After I saw The Young Turks, for example, claim that 1/3 college men would rape a woman if there were no consequences, which was based on a tiny sample size, right after they defended Muslims by claiming that extremists are a tiny minority, I immediately vowed never to entertain their ideas again. Their agenda is clear as day.

Those "moderate" Muslims in many Muslim countries, by extremist standards, hang homosexuals. Like in Iran. Muslim extremists blow themselves up.

But we have to endure "liberals" telling us that Jesus didn't exist, and the Crusades are proof that Christians are evil even though they happened 700 years ago.

We are done with "liberals".

You can't equate homosexuality with civil rights.

You see Christians who separate themselves from a culture they disagree with as "bigoted".

You only really support gay rights because you know it's incompatible with religion. I wonder how gay people feel knowing that you are using them?

The solution is simple: you live in your world, and we'll live in ours. Gay people can be perfectly content with this solution if they can't stand us.
    1: What where you watching? Because, most 'liberal' news shows I have seen don't criticize Christianity, however they might point out a Church being bigoted or hateful. Only hard Science shows will even touch on atheistic principles. As for defending Muslims, never seen any news show defend anyone who was guilty or terrorism.

2: Turkey as a nation is undergoing a strange period of time, they are a modern almost secular nation with strong Islamic roots. So a lot of controversial things are happening there, and their president is one of their issues.

3:OK spoiler time Most populated Muslim Nation is Indonesia, and South East Asia is where the Majority of Muslims live. However of countries with large Muslim populations, only India, Turkey and Israel have liberal laws and gay rights.

4: Being gay can get you killed in many nations around the world, being gay makes you a second class citizen in most nations in the world. Being Gay in any primarily Conservative State can be a reason used to fire you from your work.

5: As a Christian, if you follow the laws of Moses, then if you are anti-gay, I can accept that, but if you follow the Teachings of the Jewish Rabbi called Christ, and you oppose Gay people in any way, you are not following his teachings.

- - - Updated - - -

obviously man shouldn't lay with man as with women is just pointing out that missionary sucks compared to doggy for anal

So the passage: "Thou shalt not שָׁכַב with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." the word used there שָׁכַב pronounced (shaw-kab') means to have slept with, in its use It is used only with men and prostitute. Basically meaning, "Thou shalt not (have cheap meaningless sex) with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2015-04-03 at 02:55 AM.