Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Tier 8 armor set. It looked so amazing, I started a Warlock as soon as the set preview was released. That ended up being my main character for several years. I tend to be motivated by vanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Started it to get a guild achieve done, one of them that required specific race/class combos and we were lacking a Dwarf Lock, as soon as i got the achieve done i benched her till Pandaria and the addition of the Fel fire quest.

Come WoD i was still using my prot pally as main, then a few raiders came back to us and we had too many tanks (lol, yeah odd, i know). Went Ret, we found we were kinda desiring a lock nearly every raid (likely because we wanted to be able to summon people), but it turned out a fun class to play and i really enjoy having swapped from my pally, though i still keep him geared as well just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles11 View Post
    For me, it was the first time I set foot into Stormwind as a human paladin. I remember mirin' a max lvl on a Dreadsteed and thinking that's the coolest mount ever. I asked my friend if Warlock's can own one of those because I wanted to re-roll to have a demon pet. He told me it was a warlock exclusive mount. Instantly deleted my lvl 6 Paladin, and created a Warlock.
    While i may not agree to it being "the coolest mount ever.", i will agree it's a cool one and the glyph that lets you run across water, such win. Now, if Blizzard can just get around to changing the color of the fire trail to green like the rest of my fire, i'll be truly happy (with my lock).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I was once in wsg, and on the other team was a demo lock, with an enormous health pool...and he was pretty much single handedly destroying my team. Then someone noticed he was also an engineer. People literally left the bg.
    That was when I decided to level a lock. And I did, but it was only sort of fun, so i let it lapse for a while.
    Until. I saw demo tanking in beta and got REALLY excited. (le sigh)
    But the changes were alright enough that i choose to main it through mop. It was all about that trinket
    Still play, though without tanking or gimmic trinkets it's not as awesome.
    ...love my demons, love my meta though.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

It has been, and continues to be, one of most overpowered, or most consistent, damage producing classes in the game. Add to that the superior survivability and overall flexibility, it makes it a hard class to beat.

And you get the best ground mount in the game, the Dreadsteed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    It has been, and continues to be, one of most overpowered, or most consistent, damage
    I'm sorry but that's absolute nonsense.

Having zero raid utility is what drew me to playing a warlock. I used to play a healer and got tired of all the buffing and preparing. Oh, how times have changed... I think my healer has fewer buffs to cast than my warlock now!

when i first started to play WoW during vanilla, i watched the opening cinematic.. and there was this badass infernal. it was that moment i had to play warlock and its been my main class since then.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Fazimathras View Post
    The Warlock bit of the Vanilla cinematic.

The ground burning as he walked over it, sent shivers down my spine.
    Body's aching all the tiiime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coz archimonde was strongest character in wc3 and he was warlock

I needed an alt in BC for profession, warlock was just THE choice back then as you only had to tap shadowbolt button regularly every 1.5 sec :P

I started playing during wrath, at the same time as 4 of my friends. I had made 2 characters, a mage (to play with the 2 friends that were pretty much always ready to play, oh how I miss having such an excess of free time), and a rogue to play with the whole group. We got all the way to Hellfire with both groups of characters, and then the friend that was playing the warlock really started to shine. Hellfire, the Felguard, Demon form, it was all just so cool. And then after we maxed and decided to level another group of characters (I rolled a priest since I wanted to heal), the most skilled of our group rolled a warlock and blew my mind with how much damage he was doing. Philton, the pink haired cheerful faced gnome warlock, convinced me that I needed to have a warlock. So I made Irwinn (now Irwynn), my own warlock. And he's been my main ever since, through 3 server and faction changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by G3istly View Post
    I guarantee most people here made one in Mists of Pandaria and are too ashamed to admit it.
    yep, but I don't see why I should be ashamed?

Deleted
    Vanilla beta I first created a mage. It felt weak and I missed having a pet around. I came from Everquest where I was a Magician and I just felt naked without a buddy to take the hits.
    Created a warlock and already liked it when I got the Imp. Then I got the Voidwalker a few levels later and I knew that would be my main on release.

Has been my main for the past ten years now.

Dark Magic. I like it evil.

Back in cata i played a mage for 2 months, didnt played wow anymore and after 6 months i came back and made a lock for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbars View Post
    yep, but I don't see why I should be ashamed?
    That's not a question you want me to answer.

Deleted
    I can't really remember. My first on trial account was warrior, but my first "real" character was warlock. Was my first lvl60 but it kind of retired as i rolled warrior on pve realm almost instantly after dinging. Could have been paladin also as i thought "melee+heal hell yeah" lol, but back then my friend said something like "paladins are kinda noobs" so... Also i was much more edgy back in 2006 so that could have been the reason. Or maybe i simply asked which one could be "good" class and went with that.

Oh well, it was good class to get into the world for the first time. My "adventures" around the unknown (back then) world would have been painful with classic ret paladin...

Green fire quest. But that desire to be a warlock was very short lived.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the idea of curses.