Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Blackhand nerfed

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ixes-march-31/

Blackhand
    Blackhand's health has been reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
    Blackhand's Massive Shattering Smash ability now deals 25% less damage on Mythic difficulty.
    Iron Soldiers' health has been reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.

Wow.. just wow. A bit too soon imo. Raid is barely 2 months old.

Should probably fix face tanking the siegemakers now.

He has been nerfed because of the "bring 3 rogues and 3 boomkins" minimum else you ain't killing this boss otherwise. Moonkins might not be so mandatory now with the ilvl increase to handle the balconies but the 3 rogues to deal exclusively with shattering smash in p3 still are and thus the nerfs.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been 7 weeks and only 85 guilds have killed it on Mythic. If they're really trying to pump content out faster, they probably want a lot more people than that to kill it.

I'm not sure I agree with it, given that the item level boost has already helped NUMEROUS guilds advance. But whatever. Even now it still had stringent composition requirements.

Deleted
    I thought the 5 ilvl buff would have done the trick. wasnt expecting this so soon.

also blast furnace nerfed as well. p1 heat regulators have less hp

At least we'll be able to bring another melee class or two to the fight now.
    Thanks... I guess(?).

The race is over, I don't see what's so wrong with a nerf.

Good. We are at Blast Furnace atm, and it also got nerfed - less wipes on p1, which is good.

Deleted
    The fight is already extremely easy after the +5 item level buff plus the fact that almost everybody killing it now are using the easy-mode P2 tactic. This really removes any sense of achievement left (the little there was) from killing the boss. I thought they were going to make content hard and subsequently somewhat exclusive, but as usual Blizzard just wants to hand out everything to casuals and noobs. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    At least we'll be able to bring another melee class or two to the fight now.
    Thanks... I guess(?).
    You could already easily run with 4-5 melee where you had maybe 2 rogues, sure it was harder, but not overly so.
    Last edited by mmoc6736a73a70; 2015-04-01 at 01:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is pointing out that successful mythic guilds are roughly 0.02% of the total playerbase, Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabakshi View Post
    The fight is already extremely easy after the +5 item level buff plus the fact that almost everybody killing it now are using the easy-mode P2 tactic. This really removes any sense of achievement left (the little there was) from killing the boss. I thought they were going to make content hard and subsequently somewhat exclusive, but as usual Blizzard just wants to hand out everything to casuals and noobs. GG.
    Casuals and noobs aren't going to kill this boss any time soon. :^)

Deleted
    Casuals and noobs aren't going to kill this boss any time soon. :^)
    They already have? But that might be a bit of an overstatement. Nevertheless, you'll see a ton of kills dropping in from guilds that fall under those categories very soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    They already have? But that might be a bit of an overstatement. Nevertheless, you'll see a ton of kills dropping in from guilds that fall under those categories very soon.
    Are you really saying that some of the people that have killed Mythic Blackhand are casual/noobs?

Really?

I mean, for fuck's sake. You're acting like this is the end-of-BC sweeping nerf all over again. It's nowhere even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like it matters now. It's just so people can pride themselves with "yea, we killed it before the nerf so...".

You could already easily run with 4-5 melee where you had maybe 2 rogues, sure it was harder, but not overly so.
    We used a dps DK for both of our kills. It sure was doable but it didn't make the fight any easier, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Like it matters now. It's just so people can pride themselves with "yea, we killed it before the nerf so...".
    Yeah, we killed it before the nerf so... when will you, my friend? XOXO
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2015-04-01 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Re1 View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...ixes-march-31/

Blackhand
    Blackhand's health has been reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
    Blackhand's Massive Shattering Smash ability now deals 25% less damage on Mythic difficulty.
    Iron Soldiers' health has been reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.

Wow.. just wow. A bit too soon imo. Raid is barely 2 months old.
    aww wasnt "Mythic" suppsed to be only for chosen super duper elite ? guess blizzard is reversing their politics yet again what a surprise if nerf like this rolled out im expecting many more nerf incoming with subs droping guess they got their q1 reports

10+ Year Old Account
    When I start giving a shit about the game again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Are you really saying that some of the people that have killed Mythic Blackhand are casual/noobs?

Really?
    Yes. Probably more so in the first case with skilled players raiding under a casual schedule. There's nothing wrong with this however, even though I doubt we would have reached even half of the amount of Blackhand kills we have today if Blizzard hadn't trivialized a lot of the fight by increasing all Brf gear by +5. However, Blackhand will very soon basically fall into the same state as Garrosh HC was after the 4/4 upgrades etc. difficulty wise, that is, roughly 9-10 months after it had been out. The only problem is that in this case it didn't even take 2 months.

Look, from what I can tell, what made Blackhand hard initially was the very tight number tuning, more specifically, p1 and P3. This became fairly easy with the +5 and will become even easier with the reduced HP pool. Mechanics-wise P2 was the hardest phase in the fight, as there was little room for error, and overall it was a somewhat stressful phase when done as intended. This however, as I mentioned, has been trivialized by people simply doing a version of the STARS tactic, tanking the demos.

Only 23 guilds in the world killed it before a 'nerf'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Probably more so in the first case with skilled players raiding under a casual schedule.
    And what do you define casual as?

Deleted
    The boss was only difficult due to awful design and purposely retarded tuning. The sooner they nerf it into the ground and make it trivial, the better. Blackhand is a travesty and ranks among the worst end-tier bosses they've ever made - a crowning moment of awful to cap an otherwise excellent tier, in my opinion.