10+ Year Old Account

New (April Fool's) Mount

It hasn't hit Europe yet but today, for one day only, you can be the proud owner of the...... White Squirrelicorn mount

The Forest Durdode The unicorns of Wyredode are famous throughout the planes, prized by the Fae Lords and beloved by the goddess Tavril. Once a year these majestic creatures gather together for Unicornalia in the heart of their sacred forest. One year a vassal of the Fae Lady Azura, a disagreeable bogling knight known as Mudbrup, went to his first Unicornalia.

Mudbrup had never seen a picture of a unicorn, but his imagination painted a vivid picture. He thought of a tall creature on long slender cloven hooves, curved horns with markings on their hindquarters. Unprepared for seeing a unicorn in the flesh, Mudbrup was presented to the stallion of the herd. Frog eyed wide instead of bowed and respectful he impoliticly blurted out, “That’s just a horse with a horn attached!” The unicorns of Wyredode may be majestic and powerful creatures, but what they are not, is forgiving. For his arrogance, the bogling Mudbrup was driven from the sacred grove within an inch of his life. He crawled back, bleeding, to his home and plotted his revenge.

Mudbrup knew little of magic, but in his travels he had acquired a focus of enlargement and a wand of adhesive. As he gathered his magic baubles, a plan started to slowly formulate in the bogling’s mind. The next Unicornalia procession was a regal affair as the proud and powerful beasts displayed their majesty. The onyx stallion led the court of Shadow to the spring at the center of Wyredode and there, the Fae Lord Taeryl, was about to bless the unicorn when a noise from deep in the forest stalled the ceremony. The trees shook, the leaves fell, the ground rumbled, and suddenly Unicornalia was overrun by a swarm of giant squirrels, each with a derpy horn, awkwardly glued to the center of their forehead.

The Fae courts scattered, the unicorns snorted and stamped their feet indignantly, and the squirrels hopped and jumped about the sacred clearing as they grabbed food, collapsed tents, and generally made a messy mockery of the festival. All the while a croaking voice rang out over the din, “A horse! A horse with a horn! You’re nothing but horses with horns!” The unicorns took pity upon the squirrels that day. They returned the mutilated creatures to their home forest of Durdode, though accompanied with the warning never to cross the pass of a unicorn ever again. Mudbrup was not so lucky, and Durdode is famous for its blood red flowers as well as for his mangled creations. Legend says that trickster spirits release the squirrels onto Telara once a year, as a mockery of the noble unicorn. Legend also says that these spirits come to an ignoble end.
    source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rrelicorn.html

Is there anything in-game? Or is it just a cash shop mount : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha i was actually convinced it was an April Fools joke but it's a real mount

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    is it just a cash shop mount
    Looks to be credits only or buy a few REX but hey, at least it's not a lockbox mount, the next one of those looks set to be the... Battle Boar!!

Meh, color me disappointed. I was hoping for something in-game or at least something on their site that didn't cost money.

Don't get me wrong, I think the mount is pretty awesome. And I'd have zero problems if it was a supplement to a bigger April Fools joke (like League of Legends, for example, which has multiple April Fools skins alongside a series of other jokes [one skin which I bought, too]), but to not even bother? I mean, there are plenty of other small/mid-sized devs that at least put forth the effort to make a funny fake "news" post or blog.

*sigh*

I keep wanting to love with Trion and Rift the way I did for many years after the game launched, but it feels like they've sorta thrown in the towel as a company. The devs obviously still care and bust their ass as much as they can, but overall everything just feels so...meh, compared to even a few years ago.

"At least it's not a lockbox mount" has to be one of the most depressing things I've heard when referring to something like this : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Meh, color me disappointed. I was hoping for something in-game or at least something on their site that didn't cost money.

Don't get me wrong, I think the mount is pretty awesome. And I'd have zero problems if it was a supplement to a bigger April Fools joke (like League of Legends, for example, which has multiple April Fools skins alongside a series of other jokes [one skin which I bought, too]), but to not even bother? I mean, there are plenty of other small/mid-sized devs that at least put forth the effort to make a funny fake "news" post or blog.
    Except that they DID do a fake announcement-- Anony (one of the raid devs) made a thread on the forums announcing that he was resigning from Trion and running for President of the US. (I'd post a link, but the forum won't let me.)

There's also the player-posted April Fool's Patch Notes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspelheim View Post
    Anony (one of the raid devs) made a thread on the forums announcing that he was resigning from Trion and running for President of the US. (I'd post a link, but the forum won't let me.)

There's also the player-posted April Fool's Patch Notes.
    Yeah Dev Anony's post was convincing, for the first paragraph at least

Announcing My Retirement

Greetings,

After long and careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that it is time for Trion and I to go our separate ways. I have reached this conclusion after many months of careful consideration regarding obligations of travel in my near future. I have had the greatest experiences of my career working working with the RIFT team to create unique and engaging content. I will miss it and all of you dearly. It has been a wild and memorable ride for which I am forever thankful.

That said, I am pleased to announce my candidacy for President of the United States and the formation of my new political party 'Hardcore'. Our political agenda are a little different from those of the existing parties. We represent an ambitious pursuit of the technological singularity. In short, if elected as President, I will set in motion a great leap forward in technology that uses existing infrastructure of the NSA as a backbone of the ultimate gaming experience. One that will allow users to digitize their own consciousness and enter an alternate universe of my design.It is the belief of our party that this will solve many common problems including but not limited to over population, world hunger, global warming, disease and mortality.

I am excited by the prospect of the new adventure and challenge that await me in this endeavor and hope that I will have your support come election day in 2016!

Remember, a vote for me is a vote for virtual immortality!

Sincerely,

Anony
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5036427

Also putting in the Player Patch notes

Patch 4.1 Nightmare Tie-Dye

General

Patrons now have 30% increased keyboard turning speed.

Zones

Shi-Ming has been released! Players can reach this new area by

Server-Specific Mechanics

New mechanics have been added to raids when on specific servers!

Deepwood - Treants will spawn occasionally throughout the raid and root your members deep into the ground.
    Faeblight - RP walk is enabled and mandatory.
    Hailol - Everything will turn pink to make it FABULOUS.
    Wolfsbane - Hylas will spawn wolves throughout your raid encounter to challenge you.
    Greybriar - All textures are removed to give the "grey" effect.
    Laethys - Tail lances will now randomly spawn under raid members.
    Seastone - All Guardians and Defiants will now be hostile towards each other
    Tulan - Your keybinds and ability buttons no longer function. Instead, you must type /cast commands into the chat window.
    Biofoundry - You must play Conquest for the duration of your raid time.

PvP & Warfronts

New Conquest Map: Faen’s Retreat. Come battle 100v100v100 in the smallest Conquest map yet. To score, players must place dimension items in their base.
    Abilities in PvP now deal extra damage when activated via mouseclick. This damage boost scales directly with the force of the click.

Conquest: Stillmoor

Players now have to emote to extractors to woo them to cap.
    Extractors now attack all non-warlords within a 50 meter radius.
    All extractors removed except for Eye of Regulos.

Rifts

A new DDR DRR has been added. Enjoy a 20-man dance-off.
    Using /sleep while standing in a Nightmare Rift now kills you instantly. It’s not a good place to doze off.

Dungeons and Raids

The Yrlwalach’s name is no longer spelled phonetically.

Minions

Dimension item chests from minion missions now contain three times as many items.

Crafting and Professions

Dimension items can now be salvaged for Dream Ribbons.
    Dimension items can no longer be salvaged for Dream Ribbons.
    Dimension items can now be salvaged for other dimension items.
    Runecrafters can now create runes for Wardrobe items that add Focus.

Class Changes

Energy, Power, and Mana have been removed. Abilities now cost Conquest Power instead.

Cleric

Druid

Druid abilities no longer deal any damage to animal NPCs and pets.

Inquisitor

Nysyr’s Rebuke now deals 0% less damage.

Warden

Players under the effect of any Warden heal over time abilities are now considered to be underwater, and will drown when their breath meter runs out.

Mage

Archon

Archon has been renamed to Arcon.
    All Arcon abilities apply a stack of Arc to party and raid members.

Chloromancer

Lifegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil can now heal other mages with Veils.
    Lifegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil can no longer heal other mages with Veils.
    Lifegiving Veil and Lifebound Veil have been consolidated into a single ability, Wedding Veil. This ability is only functional in wedding instances.
    All Veils have been removed from the game.

Dominator

Mass Betrayal now causes all affected targets to permanently switch to the other faction.

Primalist
    [REDACTED]

Rogue

Bard

Motif of Encouragement now deals 40% less damage in PvP.

Bladedancer

Bladedancer abilities can no longer be used unless there is a Bard in the group, providing music to dance to.
    Dancing Steel has been renamed to Disco Inferno. It now deals fire damage and has a new animation to match the name.
    Binary Strike has been renamed to 01000010011010010110111001100001 01110010011110010010000001010011011101000111001001 1010010110101101100101.

Marksman

The cooldown on Fan Out has been reduced.

Warrior

Beastmaster

Beastmaster pets can no longer attack Rangers, Druids, or other Beastmasters.
    Beastmaster is now a DPS soul.
    Beastmaster is now a support soul again.
    Beastmaster has been removed from the game.
    Beastmaster has been re-added as a PvP melee ranged non-physical DPS healing tank support dimension-focused role-playing soul.
    Beastmaster has been replaced by Vindicator.

Liberator

Medical Facility awaits you.

Riftblade

Fork has been replaced by Spoon. While toggled on, your Spears no longer deal damage, but instead provide you with a food buff.

Warlord

No Permission to Die has been replaced with Permission to Die. Unless Warlords apply this toggled buff to themselves, they cannot die. Can only be cast when Gotham is ashes.
    Killing Field now matches its name better. It kills everything it hits, and the radius has been increased to 200m. For balance reasons, the cooldown has been increased by two seconds.
    Everything is a Weapon now allows you to equip any item in the game in your weapon slots.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5036116

Heh, the player patch notes are definitely better than what Trion did themselves. Got a few solid giggles out of me, good stuff.

Deleted
    I thought the mount was a joke too, then I saw it into the game ._.
    Weeeird.