Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys? You shouldn't be having sex until marriage, and divorce is the devil. So unless you're married your answer should be zero. You're all going to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vk8 View Post
    Glad to be the exception of your crazy theory.
    Well, it's not THAT crazy of a theory. There have been a lot of studies on this actually.

Women TEND to have more partners than men, but in the long run over whole populations it averages out. How you say?

Take 100 heterosexual men and 100 heterosexual women. All of there sexual partners have been within the confines of the 200 people. You will often (not necessarily always) find that the amount of partners that the men and women have are usually different but by definition average out to mathematically being the same. All of the women, every single one of them, will have been with at least 8 guys whereas many of the men will have been with 0-2 women. Why?

For whatever reason, studies show that women often sleep with the same guys. Whether this is due to the man putting himself out there or just being found unanimously attractive, a handful of that 100 guys will have slept with 75 of the women each. Thus all the women will have a decent amount of partners, most of the men will have very few partners, and a small handful of men will have a shit ton of partners.

This is not always true, but many studies have corroborated this trend among populations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choloz View Post
    Guys? You shouldn't be having sex until marriage, and divorce is the devil. So unless you're married your answer should be zero. You're all going to hell.
    Hell is where the cool people hang out and do fun things, heaven is full of boring sods that hate fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Sounds fun. A bunch of hot people to have sex with for all eternity. Who would pass on that?
    you do know that also includes...."others".. right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Well, it's not THAT crazy of a theory. There have been a lot of studies on this actually.

Women TEND to have more partners than men, but in the long run over whole populations it averages out. How you say?

Take 100 heterosexual men and 100 heterosexual women. All of there sexual partners have been within the confines of the 200 people. You will often (not necessarily always) find that the amount of partners that the men and women have are usually different but by definition average out to mathematically being the same. All of the women, every single one of them, will have been with at least 8 guys whereas many of the men will have been with 0-2 women. Why?

For whatever reason, studies show that women often sleep with the same guys. Whether this is due to the man putting himself out there or just being found unanimously attractive, a handful of that 100 guys will have slept with 75 of the women each. Thus all the women will have a decent amount of partners, most of the men will have very few partners, and a small handful of men will have a shit ton of partners.

This is not always true, but many studies have corroborated this trend among populations.
    Interesting. Where as other studies claim that women are the ones seeking new partners due to biology and animal-instincts. Meanwhile men just want to find that girl they can make pregnant and fulfill their purpose as a breeder.. At least that's what Dr. Steve Peters says in his book The Chimp Paradox, highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    The only possible problem I see with sleeping with numerous people is it may make keeping a monogamous relationship difficult, either through expectations or rapid boredom. My 100+ friend has, unfortunately, had difficulty maintaining a monogamous relationship due to the boredom factor.
    That's the only reason I'd ever say that X number of partners is too much. Not too much in general - do as you please, of course - but it says something about the person, and I have yet to meet an overly promiscuous person who matches my personality. It's about that, not the number itself.

My own count: 4 at age 22. The first two were experimental, and the other two are/were long term partners.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Hell is where the cool people hang out and do fun things, heaven is full of boring sods that hate fun.
    Hell can have everybody having fun burning. I like the serenity of isolation anyways introvert FTW.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    I'm from the land of liberal sex, at least so people claim... it's only about 50% true tbh.
    Sweden that is.

Anyhow, my number is around 37-39, why no specific.... There was alot of alcohol involved for the majority of them, and it was during... a rather rough period of my life, safe to say... my memory of those years are not the best.

The last 10 or so has been more than just... well sex, so those I clearly remember and most are my friends to this day.

If I like someone, as a friend or otherwise I have no issue having sex with them, it's all about intimacy for me and less about love. That said if Im in a relationship, I'm a one partner only type of person, outside of one? If you're attractive to me, physically or mentally, sure thing. Lately it's been more about the mentality tbh... I guess we do grow up after all.

Sex is a great thing, it brings joy and release and can help someone on the edge to turn right back on track, we are sexual creatures and unless someone is directly using sex as a mean of self-harming, it's never bad and no number is to high.

Seeing sex as something bad or special, that belongs in the middle ages, sex is an essential part of a normal well functioning person, we are hotwired to seek it and to feel sad without it. There are obviously exceptions to this, but in the end I stand by my opinion, sex is great and no one should ever hesistate to share that moment with someone they want to, atleast not due to fear of getting to high a number, that is just downright stuid..

Stop trying to quantify people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vk8 View Post
    Interesting. Where as other studies claim that women are the ones seeking new partners due to biology and animal-instincts. Meanwhile men just want to find that girl they can make pregnant and fulfill their purpose as a breeder.. At least that's what Dr. Steve Peters says in his book The Chimp Paradox, highly recommend it.
    Those studies aren't mutually exclusive, really. It explains why most women would have more partners than most guys. The super players are admittedly the odd ball, but I've totally met them. I work with one. Women approach him all the time, like 3 per shift. He doesn't even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I see no problem with being a slag as long as you are safe and not in a committed relationship, I actually think it is a good thing to have a few sexual partners before you finally settle down. I know a few couples that have been together since their teens and they are miserable together, they are also scared of moving on.
    One, the one I settled down with I was 18, She was 19 - we got marrid at 21/22, She's now 30, I'm 29. It was our first together - and it works for us

How many is a lot, imo? I would say 1,000 ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Will Hell have a special place for us MMO-C members?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    Only certain members, it will have no moderators and will allow threads currently banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    I'm going to heaven because I'm a pretty awesome human being.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    The only possible problem I see with sleeping with numerous people is it may make keeping a monogamous relationship difficult, either through expectations or rapid boredom. My 100+ friend has, unfortunately, had difficulty maintaining a monogamous relationship due to the boredom factor.
    I havent even hit half of your friends number, but the problem likely stems to him/her being more sexually experianced.... I've had succesfull relationships with both not so experienced partners and vastly more experienced ones.... But I had to show the ones with less experience the ropes, if you have a partner that does not fulfill all your sexual needs.... maintaining a monogamous relationship will be hard, no matter who you are if someone who seems capable of fulfilling them happens to come along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I'm going to heaven because I'm a pretty awesome human being.
    Because that's how it works.

(Spoiler alert: Nope)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I think 12. Current one is trying to make me grow up, but I am 20 I do what I want!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I havent even hit half of your friends number, but the problem likely stems to him/her being more sexually experianced.... I've had succesfull relationships with both not so experienced partners and vastly more experienced ones.... But I had to show the ones with less experience the ropes, if you have a partner that does not fulfill all your sexual needs.... maintaining a monogamous relationship will be hard, no matter who you are if someone who seems capable of fulfilling them happens to come along.
    Not really, and here's why. The only way someone else comes along is if you're screwing multiple people at the same time. If you're trying to maintain a monogamous relationship with someone who is inexperienced, it really REALLY shouldn't matter if someone else screws better because you shouldn't be screwing them and thus wouldn't even know.

You know, that whole monogamy thing you said you were trying?

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I'm from the land of liberal sex, at least so people claim... it's only about 50% true tbh.
    Sweden that is.

Anyhow, my number is around 37-39, why no specific.... There was alot of alcohol involved for the majority of them, and it was during... a rather rough period of my life, safe to say... my memory of those years are not the best.

The last 10 or so has been more than just... well sex, so those I clearly remember and most are my friends to this day.

If I like someone, as a friend or otherwise I have no issue having sex with them, it's all about intimacy for me and less about love. That said if Im in a relationship, I'm a one partner only type of person, outside of one? If you're attractive to me, physically or mentally, sure thing. Lately it's been more about the mentality tbh... I guess we do grow up after all.

Sex is a great thing, it brings joy and release and can help someone on the edge to turn right back on track, we are sexual creatures and unless someone is directly using sex as a mean of self-harming, it's never bad and no number is to high.

Seeing sex as something bad or special, that belongs in the middle ages, sex is an essential part of a normal well functioning person, we are hotwired to seek it and to feel sad without it. There are obviously exceptions to this, but in the end I stand by my opinion, sex is great and no one should ever hesistate to share that moment with someone they want to, atleast not due to fear of getting to high a number, that is just downright stuid..

Stop trying to quantify people.
    I don't think it's just a claim, from the swedish posters, me being one, it's quite apparent that we don't care that much for saving yourself to put it mildly. It might be because we're mostly genetically beautiful, all nordic people are (BAITED) but also because we have an open view on sex as you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Because that's how it works.

(Spoiler alert: Nope)
    I'll be sure to wave at you down there on my way to a heavenly back-rub.