10+ Year Old Account

Printer Cartridges Won't Align

I recently pulled out an old printer i had in storage from when I was in college a couple years ago and I vaguely remembered it had some issues printing, which is why I stopped using it. So, I bought some new ink to try it out and it seems like the cartridge alignment is the issue. Some things print out fine, but if I try and print anything involving a chart/table the lines are broken and the small print seems to print double or have random letters printed underneath. I found a couple stock images that kind of describe what I mean. If possible, I'd like to avoid dropping an excessive amount of money on another printer.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

That's not an alignment issue if it's happening on single color prints. That looks a lot more like a mechanical failure, the rail that the print heads travel on is acting wonky.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I hate dealing with printers so I thought this video fits this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV0M9_NwMHY

10+ Year Old Account
    Well after several hours of fiddling with it, I've decided to give up and buy a new one. That video was great though
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Well after several hours of fiddling with it, I've decided to give up and buy a new one. That video was great though
    Unless you 100% need need color get a laser printer instead of inkjet. It'll last longer without any troubles and you never run into the problem of not being ble to print black and white text when yellow color runs out :P Cheap BW lasers cost less than full set of colors on more expensive color inkjet printers.

You can always get color pages done outside for a small fee.