Help With our Disc Priest, Any pointers

Heya, I was wondering if people could look at some of my raids logs, It seems like there are spots in our raid that we can improve on.
    What we have posted are a Normal Gruul, Normal Hans and Frans, and Normal Blackhand logs

The character in question is going to be, character/area-52/Kelvala/simple

Gruul Fight: WARCRAFT LOGS reports/T6CcAvjngwZyMQ81#fight=6

Hans Fight: WARCRAFT LOGS reports/T6CcAvjngwZyMQ81#fight=20

Blackhand: WARCRAFT LOGS reports/rjGkvXPtaCWN63F2#fight=8

Get rid of spirit shell

Don't use Clarity of Will on gruul

Don't atonement that much

Cast Power World: Shield more

Deleted
    Unfortunately, looking at Blackhand specifically, there are quite a few issues.

First of all, Borrowed Time uptime is at 38% - this should realistically be pretty close to 100% as it all it requires is casting a shield once every 6 seconds, which you should naturally be doing more than. Following on from this, the overall number of shields cast is low considering it should be any Disc's main spell (most often replacing something like Flash Heal, which is seeing a lot of casts here).

Secondly, talent choices seem very odd. Clarity of Will shouldn't really be used on fights where damage isn't focused into tanks or an otherwise small amount of people, it's not worth the cast time over shields and other spells when raid damage is prevalent - Words of Mending is a better default on most encounters in BRF (personally, I only go CoW for Maidens). Spirit Shell is really close to useless in its current form, and since the priest is only using it once over a 6:38 fight, I'm guessing they won't miss it too much to swap to Power Infusion.

Cascade is definitely the correct talent choice but isn't seeing enough use at all - 3 casts over 6:38. To say this is available every 25 seconds, it really needs to be prioritised more as it's one of the stronger healing spells in terms of its execute time. Mindbender is in a similar spot, simply need to get more of them out on cooldown.

Lastly, there's a few just straight up unusual casts in the list - Shadow Word: Pain, Wand Shoot, Prayer of Mending - I mean, they aren't being cast loads which is kind of a bonus, but really they shouldn't feature at all (exception being PoM in rare situations if you really know what you're doing).

Hope this helps and doesn't come across as a wall of rant, good luck

Hello everyone and thanks for the time,

We now have employed the changes you pointed out last week, and whilst doing ur own brainstorming and research, we ask for your help again!
    Overall, We believe there have been improvements but are still willing to play the class to its potential

Again, the character sheet in question,
    NA /en/character/area-52/Kelvala/simple

And the sample of fights,

Gruul: WARCRAFT LOGS /reports/8z1cGh3ZLB7VDnKW#fight=15&type=healing&source=105

Hans & Frans : WARCRAFT LOGS reports/8z1cGh3ZLB7VDnKW#fight=40&type=healing&source=105

We dont have a Blackhand attempt from tuesday night, but will report back later in the day,
    Again, Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifaithx View Post
    Don't use Clarity of Will on gruul
    Words of Mending should be your default choice on Gruul and Hans. CoW is a tank crutch for these fights. If the raid is wiping from tanks dying instead of low raid heals then use CoW.

Saving Grace is amazing on Blackhand Normal (haven't tested it on Heroic but I suspect it isn't) because damage is very random with low raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhonous View Post
    Again, the character sheet in question,
    NA /en/character/area-52/Kelvala/simple

And the sample of fights,

Gruul: WARCRAFT LOGS /reports/8z1cGh3ZLB7VDnKW#fight=15&type=healing&source=105

Hans & Frans : WARCRAFT LOGS reports/8z1cGh3ZLB7VDnKW#fight=40&type=healing&source=105

We dont have a Blackhand attempt from tuesday night, but will report back later in the day,
    Again, Thank you for the help, it is much appreciated!
    On Gruul
    His penance use is terrible, mostly wasted heals. He should cancel it when the target gets full life. No idea why most of it is aimed at Healios instead of a tank. If he is going to use Mind Bender instead of Solace he needs to cast 2 offensive 1 defensive penance every cooldown.
    Needs to remove Prayer of Mending from his spell bar so he stops casting it.
    I'm guessing he isn't use mouse over macros.
    Weak aura to track Evangelism stacks.
    His prayer of healing macro should have Archangel in it and he should be casting it every 30 seconds.
    Needs a lot more spirit.
    Last edited by Java; 2015-04-08 at 10:36 PM.