Deleted

Is there anyway to solo ToT?

I'm a 100 monk (WW) with an ilvl of 641 Yet I require 2 others to do ToT, is there any strategy or method of soloing ToT with any of the classes of a monk?

Just about every tank class can solo ToT in good gear, the only real barrier is Jin'rokh because he will despawn when he pick you up, you need a pet or another player present in the fight so that he doesn't despawn.

The only tank that can do Jin'rokh without help as far as I know is a bear with Force of Nature, maybe a monk could do it as windwalker with Xuen, but I don't know how tight the timer would be since I assume xuen would only be able to cover the first pick up and he would despawn on the second.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I tried Jin'rokh the other day on my brewmaster, and while he didn't despawn, he pulled me back immediately after throwing me away, and I was silenced for 5+ seconds while he kept whacking at me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Just about every tank class can solo ToT in good gear, the only real barrier is Jin'rokh because he will despawn when he pick you up, you need a pet or another player present in the fight so that he doesn't despawn.

The only tank that can do Jin'rokh without help as far as I know is a bear with Force of Nature, maybe a monk could do it as windwalker with Xuen, but I don't know how tight the timer would be since I assume xuen would only be able to cover the first pick up and he would despawn on the second.
    You DO realize that Xuen is a talent and not a Windwalker exclusive, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post

Ox statue is enough as brewmaster so they can solo it as well. As pointed above xuen is talent available to all specs as well so it can be used.

Some fights are soloable at that gear level, however as none of the MoP raids received the old raid hidden buff you are stuck doing the exact same damage as you would on WoD bosses. Jinrokh is easy so long as you have pets to keep him from resetting, horridon and council are something of a gear check, tortos should be easy, magaera somewhat hard, jikun easy (if you periodically outrange her she will just keep casting quills which is a lot easier to deal with than her melee damage).

Best bet is to check your individual class solo thread in the class forum, usually gives a good reference for what can/cannot currently be soloed and what gear you might need for it.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Horridon is frustrating too because it's possible to kill the dino's too quickly and they then don't drop an orb, which means that door will have spawns for the remainder of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkon View Post
    Horridon is frustrating too because it's possible to kill the dino's too quickly and they then don't drop an orb, which means that door will have spawns for the remainder of the fight.
    Wow yea, thats a tough one to solve!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Wow yea, thats a tough one to solve!
    Right click and auto-attack once or twice, and it should be sufficient. Usually just letting them hit you once or twice, or cast something, is enough too.

(10 normal) cleared everything up to dark animus (and didn't try it, I just had some other shit to do and didnt come back, it should be doable)
    As brewmaster :
    - Statue on Jin'rock
    - Don't kill dinos too quickly on horridon, if you do, don't sweat it, not an issue
    - Council is kinda tough, as you get rooted and stunned in sand, tiger's lust should work.
    - Tortos is a pushover
    - Same for meagera
    - Same for ji'kun
    - Durumu is a pretty convincing DPS check, due to the healing debuff. It should die right after the 1st maze, otherwise you're pretty much fucked.