Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nokty, why do you say Affliction is the best raid spec? I would say it is our worst and the least rounded of the 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo. Has the most mobility so you're least proned to being kicked and getting locked out. (PvP obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Nokty, why do you say Affliction is the best raid spec? I would say it is our worst and the least rounded of the 3.
    Demo is on part with Affliction if you don't have 4p. And at that point Affliction is so much easier to play. Speaking only of Single Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    Demo is on part with Affliction if you don't have 4p. And at that point Affliction is so much easier to play. Speaking only of Single Target.
    That's not really relevant since there's a total of 1 single target fight in BRF (Gruul, and maybe Oregorger, but I can't imagine the rolling phase being good for Affliction), and Affliction is rapidly outperformed by Demo on cleave.

Yeah I am not saying Affliction is rubbish at all on ST or say Twins/Maidens (it seems to drop a bit here compared to Demo)/Blackhand. However, if someone was to pick just one spec for BRF (which seems to be implied in the OP) I still would absolutely advise against Affliction. If your guild/raid ever needs some more add and/or AoE damage for a fight then you are almost helpless. Not to mention either uneducated raiders or pugs who will not be able to understand that even at starting out gear levels on normal you will do at least 10k less than a demo lock on a fight such as Thogar (even though you may have far higher priority target damage).

So does Affliction have a place in BRF? Yes in my opinion but not as your only/main spec if you wish to do as well as you can on all fights. So if you play both specs to the same level which fights does anyone think that Affliction beats Demo?
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2015-04-09 at 02:05 PM.

Deleted
    I would run Destro ... simply for the Reason that you dont really need alot of gear to get its use ... if you pain yourself thru Arena or Ashran you get the 660 PvP trinket and an Alchemy trinket from crafting and you Perfectly geard for Destro... since all you need is High Chaosbolts ..

I even recommend you ( if you have it ) use the Blackblood trinket from SoO in Mythic even on lvl 100 since its insane if you used with brain... If you pull a Chaosbolt with 10 stacks you got around 1,1k Intellect buff on it with these deals 2/3 of damage you deal with crap gear ...

DESTRO = GOOD TRINKETS = WIN ... and play with servitude + Supremacy !

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrix View Post

I even recommend you ( if you have it ) use the Blackblood trinket from SoO in Mythic even on lvl 100 since its insane if you used with brain... If you pull a Chaosbolt with 10 stacks you got around 1,1k Intellect buff on it with these deals 2/3 of damage you deal with crap gear ...
    Something about this seems dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahrix View Post
    I would run Destro ... simply for the Reason that you dont really need alot of gear to get its use ... if you pain yourself thru Arena or Ashran you get the 660 PvP trinket and an Alchemy trinket from crafting and you Perfectly geard for Destro... since all you need is High Chaosbolts ..

DESTRO = GOOD TRINKETS = WIN ... and play with servitude + Supremacy !
    Destro is probably more gear dependent than Demo is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently rooming with willzyx on the Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    That's not really relevant since there's a total of 1 single target fight in BRF (Gruul, and maybe Oregorger, but I can't imagine the rolling phase being good for Affliction), and Affliction is rapidly outperformed by Demo on cleave.
    Affliction is also very good for Blackhand in lower iLvls. And Affliction is actually very good for Oregorger since you are able to keep all your dots up for around 95% of the time granted you don't have to get TOO far away from him.

Ranking in parses isn't everything while playing a DPS class, sometimes you have a job to do. Regardless of that job, Affliction does VERY good single target damage.
    Last edited by Nokty; 2015-04-11 at 12:02 AM.

the thing is, considering what the different specs bring in forms of fight utility, demo just comes out ahead. They have done a pretty good job at balancing the three specs this tier, and ill go ahead and say that will continue. If that is true, getting used to demo will just overall be better for you, atleast i'd totally go demo. I also personally think its the most fun spec of the three.

tl:dr
    Go demo

Deleted
    I recommend destruction if you're new to warlock. Get used to the way warlocks are very proc depended. Fire Chaos bolts with crit>mast>int procs. Also destruction is very easy to play to start off with. Afterwards i'll recommend going demonology, since the way encounters are designed in BRF does make demonology stronger in many ways. (There is some ways to still beat demonology as destruction tho. Charred remains+4set+Goren soul repository(from oregorger) on Kromog(mythic mostly) but also just in general. Destruction can be viable that way.

I'll recommend using weakaura from guides found on this forum. to track procs.

Demo will do very well on every boss, destro does very well on specific kinds of fights, specifically duel bosses that may not always be near one another, a fight with weak adds that can be shadowburned/havok or more than 5 targets throughout the fight. Destro doesn't do as well in single target fights.
    Personally I like destro on operator, blast furnace, franz, sometimes on flamebender, brackenspore, twin Ogron and impregnator. For the rest I go demo.
    Basically if it is single target go demo, if it is two targets go destro, 3 go demo, more than 5 go destro with the exception that destro is better if the targets are spread out like in brackenspore. If they are tanked together like 3 maidens then demo shines.

Deleted
    What i wanted to say is, if you get 2 Highlevel Trinkets like the PvP Trinket + the new 685 Alchemy trinket youre main dmg ( Chaosbolts ) do enough damage to shine overall in a fight ... where Demo or affli need certain stats