Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Southern in mentality. I should change that to southern style politics.
    That isn't even true either, other than this law this state is pretty great. Guess California is also good at generalizing too huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Southern in mentality, i.e Places where republicans tend to do well. But they vote people in that seem to spread bigotry. Either toward women, black people, or gays.
    You know that is a load of bullshit. In the last election we had 2 candidates Mike Pence and John Gregg. Pence won with 49% of the votes Gregg had 46% so Pence din't win by a landslide so to say Republicans are the predominant choice in Indiana is not really accurate. Especially when you know know roughly 30% of the population didn't vote. And your including other minorities in your assumption here is also bullshit. As far as gay discrimination look where I live. Bloomington Indiana. We are ranked one of the best small towns for gay vacations, have an annual gay film festival, we were ranked #4 gayest city in 2010, home of Indiana University that is ranked one of the GLBT most friendly colleges. Indianapolis is pretty damn close as well. I get that Pence was elected as governor and trust me I am quick to point out shitty things that the state does but, it's not the red necked uneducated hillbilly state you are making it seem like we are. That and to be compared to a southern state is pretty insulting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Source: http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/01/news...iid=TL_Popular

So, will this legislation last long at this rate?

That is a joke, they just wanted an excuse to move.

- - - Updated - - -

Southern in mentality. I should change that to southern style politics/politicians.
    Interesting concept...

You bigot.

Guilty, I am bigoted against bigots.
    I am guilty of being a bigot because a generalizing bigot says I am a bigot.

stop discriminating their discrimination

I'd have told him to seek employment elsewhere before I gave him 50k because his feels is hurt. Other states have laws like these and they haven't imploded.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are not, great. But when actions are taken that I believe are bigoted, and when said actions mainly come from Republican controlled states... If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.
    You know the refute to this is that this is that there are plenty of Republican controlled states that AREN'T doing this.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I'd have told him to seek employment elsewhere before I gave him 50k because his feels is hurt. Other states have laws like these and they haven't imploded.
    this is 100% a publicity stunt.

They are so "hip"...

- - - Updated - - -

Of those that are, how many are Democratic, how many are Republican?

And to a lesser extent, there are a lot of bills being introduced around the country that want to remove different protections from both gay people and women. And all those states have one thing in common.

I completely understand that urban cities in say, Texas, are gay friendly, etc. But I would not say that Texas itself is. I am not talking about people in the states, I am talking about politicians, who tend to be Republican, who tend to pass laws/bills that marginalize minorities, in the guise of either religious freedom, or the libertarian notion of "freedom to discriminate/free market".

The Libertarian notion, I can at least respect in theory, just not in practice.
    You have any idea how dumb you sound when you say things like "how does Texas feel".

You get 200 people and ask them a question you'll get 200 difference answers but some how, you feel better about your self when you lump 1 State into 1 "feeling".

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Other states have laws like these and they haven't imploded.
    lol google exists, why remain willfully ignorant and post this diarrhea?

furthermore, are we really setting the bar at "civilization implodes" for a law to be bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody think it's interesting that the people saying that businesses have a right to discriminate against whoever they want are having an issue with businesses not wanting to be involved with a state that they believe is unfairly discriminatory? It's funny that the free market is completely against conservative values in this case and some people aren't able to reconcile that notion.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.