Thread: Keybinding help

Keybinding help

Hello! I'm new to pvp. And my standard combination of key-pressing and clicking stuff ain't doing so hot. Are there any guides out there for pvp keybindings that are up to date? if it helps, I main a ret pally and a feral druid. Highest pvp rating I've ever gotten in 2s was around 1560. Recently started with much room to improve. Thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajdhfh View Post
    Hello! I'm new to pvp. And my standard combination of key-pressing and clicking stuff ain't doing so hot. Are there any guides out there for pvp keybindings that are up to date? if it helps, I main a ret pally and a feral druid. Highest pvp rating I've ever gotten in 2s was around 1560. Recently started with much room to improve. Thanks! :-)
    There are tons of guides out there but they're all based on what the authors of said guides consider comfortable. You should lay out your keys based on ability priority and frequency of use. You want the abilities you use most often to be the buttons where your hand rests naturally, and you want important abilities like interrupts/stun to be buttons you can press reflexively. For example, my middle finger rests on my main attack button, and right above that I have my interrupt bound...so I can react very quickly to block casts. The abilities that you use less frequently, can be placed outward from your "center" position based on both their priority/importance and their CD. So, you wouldn't need a 3 min DPS CD occupying a key right beside your natural center because you only use it once per 3 mins and it's not a "high priority" that needs to be activated in reaction to something. Put something like that further out, and save the closer keys for your main attacks, CCs and self-heals.

Are you using a keyboard or do you have a gamepad like the Logitech G13 or Razer Orbweaver? I would recommend getting a gamepad; it's vastly better than a keyboard...I've been using the G13 for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    Are you using a keyboard or do you have a gamepad like the Logitech G13 or Razer Orbweaver? I would recommend getting a gamepad; it's vastly better than a keyboard...I've been using the G13 for years now.
    Thank you for the tips! i'm playing with a Razer Blackwidow Elite or something of that. Is the gamepad worth the purchase over that?

Thank you for the tips! i'm playing with a Razer Blackwidow Elite or something of that. Is the gamepad worth the purchase over that?
    No.
    /10chars

Yes, it is. The main benefit of the gamepad is that you can use the thumb-joystick to move around rather than keys or mouse buttons, and it keeps your hand in a comfortable position for pressing the keys. You probably already have a gaming mouse, but if not, you'll want one with at least two extra buttons for a total of 5. That's what I have and it's just right.