Resto druid help plz.

Hey guys, I feel im underperforming really bad. Was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand here?
    Links to logs and armory to follow.

Posting some links for him.

Armory

Beastlord
    Iron Maidens
    Gruul

Overall I feel that I'm not performing as well as I should be for my gear and talent setup. Are there any recommendations that anyone is able to offer to help improve my efficiency?

10+ Year Old Account
    What jumps out at me is the lack of uptime on both harmony and lifebloom(6% lifebloom and 46% harmony on Gruul ) is really not good...improve those and see a big improvement in overall heals.

Full disclosure: I'm not an expert healer, I'm either playing with talents/gear or I'm just lazy on most fights and attempts unless we're doing progression fights.

Hi there,

So immediately I notice some things you can improve on - Things like Uptime on some spells, like rejuv and lifebloom - will really impact your performance during the fight, Lifebloom as a general rule should ALWAYS be up on whichever tank is taking damage. Lifebloom will give you a chance to proc a free-cost regrowth, which is invaluable when you're in those intensive damage phases.

Also, how do you find your mana consumption? You seem to be reasonably low spirit.. Is this why you use Dream of Cenarius?

That crit trinket you're using isn't doing you many favors either, while crit is fine - I'd still go for Auto-Repairing Autoclave or one of the two Emblem/Mark trinkets from Highmaul.

Glyphs arent too big of a deal, but instead of Rejuv glyph i run glyph of stampeding roar - it's a big help if you have any slackers in your raid about to be hit by trains or oregorger p2 or cant get to blackhand tanks in time. Very useful.

Like i said at the beginning, I'm not by any means an amazing druid, but I feel some of the information I've shared with you could greatly improve your performance.

Good luck dude!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumit View Post
    Full disclosure: I'm not an expert healer, I'm either playing with talents/gear or I'm just lazy on most fights and attempts unless we're doing progression fights.
    Sounds a bit like me, Got hit by a spear about 3mins into Darmac kill the other day followed by "sorry was too busy eating my dinner"

Also, how do you find your mana consumption? You seem to be reasonably low spirit.. Is this why you use Dream of Cenarius?
    This in droves.. on gruul your almost oom 90s into a 250s fight because "lol spirit" 2 dps trinkets [the oregorger one is absolute trash], dps neck & back... the sub-1000 spirit club might have worked in HM, but Its not viable in BRF... Your "getting away" with it just now because your 4healing content that can be 2 or 3 healed,

Heres all the logs incase any1 else is looking
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...4275/7/#boss=0

Gruul you cast on average 12x wrath a minute, 6% Lifebloom uptime, 55% overheal on WG & Rejuv, 1 Cast of Regrowth for 100% overheal [because of no lifebloom or ns use, your missing ~25 FREE CASTS ], 46% Harmony Uptime.. Overhealing is just crazy, 8.2m in 4mins on gruul (tranq is less than 2m of it]

You've got 4piece set and dont cast NS at all, or Ironbark or Barkskin, using soul of the forest and only triggering it 6times [where you could have used itol and saved mana on those 70 rejuvs you chucked out or nv and cleave healed-dps]

I actually like DOC but it has a time and a place [kromog/blackhand if mana is looking like it will be sketchy for the final phase, or just when I'm playing lazy or its a low damage/ low movement fight [Flamebender/Thogar/Beastlord]

Quote Originally Posted by Brady84 View Post
    I actually like DOC but it has a time and a place [kromog/blackhand if mana is looking like it will be sketchy for the final phase, or just when I'm playing lazy or its a low damage/ low movement fight [Flamebender/Thogar/Beastlord]

I ran another Heroic BRF run with a friends guild tonight and ran DoC and treants for the fun of it. This would have definitely been because I ran the elementalist's shielding talisman (procs multistrike by like 2k, somewhere around 44% MS when it goes off) and it's a really fun spec and playstyle to run with!
    > Is it viable in progression? - Definitely not
    > Have you killed this boss before and out geared it by say ~5 lvls since your first kill? Run whatever the hell you want.

DoC build's are a novelty for the moment, if we got a tier bonus that boosted maybe healing or haste then we're laughing.

I Think the biggest problem in WoD with meters is that PW S from a Disc Priest is so OP that it even fucks up the healing meters for everyone else as meters doesnt take Overhealing in consideration.
    Therefor its to early to start blaming your healers until you reach Kromog on Mythic which is one of the few only "pure healing needed to counter massive inc damage" kind of fight while the others are based a lot more on doing the right mechanics to kill the boss and avoid damage
    Right now You need to add up the overhealing on the others numbers to get a clear view

Even if u did this your healing is a lot behind and here are some reasons because of it
    In WoD, the Healing requirement for bosses is acctualy very low, its mostly about doing the right tactic.
    The most common reason I see is that, playing a healer(Everything exept disc priest) your in a position were it feels like there isnt acctualy anyhing to heal and therefor you dont heal fast enough or use CDs or anything and waiting til it must be needed
    When that finnaly happens you could have already tranqed once during the fight.
    Its a lot easier to notice this on Mythic due to inc damage being abit higher and Mythic is also the place were your gonna start notice who the good and the bad healers are

About your gear
    First off, you want to use Spirit gear as much as possible and its extra important for Druids since our ability to regen mana is worst in game atm (The reason no top Guilds were running Rdruids in the World First Race)
    Oregorger trinket is complete waste, dont use it
    Try prio getting a weapon over anything else since the Spell Power on that gives the biggest increase
    Even tho the Darmac trinket is BIS for output, for progress you prolly want to use 2 spirit trinkets/Candle if u have that

Extra Pro Tips for Rdruids:
    Using 4 pieces tier is acctualy a HPS loss since the 4pc proc is worthless and the stats on a few of the items are worse than other items you can get instead.
    Therefor you wanna use Shoulders legs and gloves tier items.
    The big problem here tho is that one of the items comes from Highmaul, the head from Koragh
    The other item is the chest from Darmac
    These are just very small boosts for min/max shizzle which u shouldnt really care to much about atm

Glyphs
    In BRF you should be running with WG, Roar and Regrowth glyphs on all fights
    The Roar glyph is enterily optional tho and can be replaced with the ress if you want or the double dispell on mythic darmac
    Rejuv glyph is bad since your not supposed to be casting Healing Touches when it isnt used with Nature swiftness

The Play Style
    This is all from my POV, how I see BRF atm playing a druid
    There are only 2 fights that are considered Dream of Cenarius + SOTF kind of fights, Furnance and Darmac(Maidens is optional) because these fights are long and you need DoC to save mana
    On all other fights(they are short) you should be running a more bursty spec, HOTW(Only if it can be used twice during the fight)/Vigil + Tree (SOTF can be used aswell but your gonna need very good mana regen for it being Worth to use)
    Other than this, things others have already mentioned, you gotta get a better uptime on LB and Harmony <- (Very Important)
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2015-04-03 at 02:46 PM.

my spirit actually just tanked pretty hard this raid week. U was around 1400 but I replaced both of my trinkets, I still have my Stage 1 Hourglass for the longer fights until I'm able to get the Blackhand or Darmac trinket!

- - - Updated - - -

What's a good goal for spirit?
    And thanks for the other apparently glaring bads!

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of the oregorger trinket, should I use my stage 1 hourglass or my heroic Mark of Rapid Replication(154Haste/versa 346spirit)??

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonstryfe View Post
    my spirit actually just tanked pretty hard this raid week. U was around 1400 but I replaced both of my trinkets, I still have my Stage 1 Hourglass for the longer fights until I'm able to get the Blackhand or Darmac trinket!

- - - Updated - - -

What's a good goal for spirit?
    And thanks for the other apparently glaring bads!

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of the oregorger trinket, should I use my stage 1 hourglass or my heroic Mark of Rapid Replication(154Haste/versa 346spirit)??

Here's my armory Cannabith - Frostmourne

I'm running 1752 spirit, which seems to be a lot in comparison to what we were able to run in highmaul, though I also have a crapton of trinkets to choose from (Elementalist's shielding talisman, mark of rapid replication, Auto-repairing autoclave, Darmac's unstable talisman, winged hour glass 3/4 and candle)

Versatility should be avoided more than any other stat you can find on our gear

I find with somewhat decent mana management, i can run darmac's and auto-repairing autoclave for every boss in H BrF except Blackhand (I'll substitute for mana, because that fight hurts, alot. )

Though I have a friend who run's mythic Elementalist's and he just runs one button macros and spams wrath for days, he can get through 9/10 fights with no problems, and usually ranks pretty high on the meters. I don't condone this playstyle, but it works.
    Last edited by Grumit; 2015-04-04 at 01:47 AM. Reason: added armory page

Here's my armory Cannabith - Frostmourne

I'm running 1752 spirit, which seems to be a lot in comparison to what we were able to run in highmaul, though I also have a crapton of trinkets to choose from (Elementalist's shielding talisman, mark of rapid replication, Auto-repairing autoclave, Darmac's unstable talisman, winged hour glass 3/4 and candle)

Versatility should be avoided more than any other stat you can find on our gear

I find with somewhat decent mana management, i can run darmac's and auto-repairing autoclave for every boss in H BrF except Blackhand (I'll substitute for mana, because that fight hurts, alot. )

Though I have a friend who run's mythic Elementalist's and he just runs one button macros and spams wrath for days, he can get through 9/10 fights with no problems, and usually ranks pretty high on the meters. I don't condone this playstyle, but it works.
    I swapped one the oregorgers out for my heroic Mark of Rapic Replication for the static spirit.(I Hate the fact it has fail versa on it.)(Is that better than stage 1 Hourglass?) I ran a Pug Normal BRF today and picked up my tier pants. which gives me my 5 piece, but I can now freely get rid of the other pieces for better stat priority.

I also swapped from SotF to Incarnation. But I'm choosing to stick with DoC while my spirit is still sub 1500. I hate running oom and having nothing I can do at that point!

Any other tips?

I quickly skimmed and noticed a couple of things.

1) Harmony uptime needs to be higher, get a WA that tracks the buff timer if need be.
    2) Lose the 5 piece. You only need 4, the 5th piece is losing you stats you need.
    3) Look into the iron spiked chey toy, or the winged hourglass in place of your Mark of rapid Replication, it will give you an increase to int, while boosting your spirit periodically too.
    4) look into running Nature's vigil instead of DoC. This is mostly a personal preference thing, however NV is better in some fights due to it's versatility.
    5) increase the uptime of your LifeBloom. That should be up at like 70-90%, just keep it on your main tank at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I Think the biggest problem in WoD with meters is that PW S from a Disc Priest is so OP that it even fucks up the healing meters for everyone else as meters doesnt take Overhealing in consideration.

About your gear
    First off, you want to use Spirit gear as much as possible and its extra important for Druids since our ability to regen mana is worst in game atm (The reason no top Guilds were running Rdruids in the World First Race)
    Oregorger trinket is complete waste, dont use it
    Even tho the Darmac trinket is BIS for output.

Extra Pro Tips for Rdruids:
    Using 4 pieces tier is acctualy a HPS loss since the 4pc proc is worthless and the stats on a few of the items are worse than other items you can get instead.
    Therefor you wanna use Shoulders legs and gloves tier items.
    The other item is the chest from Darmac
    These are just very small boosts for min/max shizzle which u shouldnt really care to much about atm

There are only 2 fights that are considered Dream of Cenarius + SOTF kind of fights, Furnance and Darmac(Maidens is optional) because these fights are long and you need DoC to save mana
    first off PW:S has been nerfed several times to the extent where it should not be considered OP anymore, it looks like it because it barely overheals, thus it shows up as way better than it actually is, but it has some nice utility to make disc priests a required healer.

as for Rdruids being unviable for the world first race is because of their inability to turn mana into lots of healing, also their 4set bonus not doing anything. from what I remember the standard 4 heal set up was 2 hpalas 1 shaman and 1 disc priest, the disc priest being obvious, hpalas being super strong, and shaman having loads of cds, which all other healers in that set up is lacking, also the ability to turn mana into healing, spamming chain heal will easily make you top meters if it's incoming damage, but mana will drop as for shamans being the obvious 4th choice, as for 5th healers I can't recall any good options, though resto druids had and have the option of going boomie which was one of the best classes for BRF, and are still quite good. Doubt mana regen was the reason for it.

as for oregorger trinket, it needs to be quite a huge upgrade from previous trinket for it to be worth it indeed.
    I would argue that blackhand trinket surpass the darmac trinket in terms of throughput, especially when combined with autoclave, which is considered a great trinket I would say BiS at least, and as for trinkets both blackhand trinkets being BiS with BF + darmac being a 2nd option better suited for progression, also lets you have the BF trinket for high mana requirement fights.

the 4p is not worthless, while not far off the resto stats are so close that I would argue it can make up for that, not much more though, while I agree that you should not aim for 4p, as getting mythic (especially wf or wf+socket) offpieces should be easy considering everyone else wants tier. taking a mythic pieces over hc should be an instant choice, as for tier pieces being able to roll wf/wf+soc sure, but you mostly only get one chance for this, and if lucky you get a second chance, personally not gotten anything special over 8 pieces of tier pieces (3 on alt + 4+1M on main (got 4p purely for OS, got 2p for resto)) while for off pieces you are usually the only one interested so you can take 3 wf/wf+socket pieces without too much trouble.

as for DoC, it can be used for any fight where you feel like you have too many healers, personally we 5 man healed a lot of fights like gruul (hotw seemed to be the better choice for all out dps instead though.), hans and franz (terrible idea), oregorger, whereas the healing needed was very low so DoC was a good option as it allowed me to not look terrible on meters while doing something useful for the group, you could argue that HotW would've been better in these cases, but personally I wanted to contribute some, and knowing my weakness that if I had used HotW I would've tried to make up for time lost, and that could easily end up in being oom at a crucial time I considered DoC better.
    tried it once for mythic thogar, actually was the kill, and it actually served as the best option, though that was due to some very weird circumstances, that should not happen, crashing right before the first flame, coming back with no unit frames, thus being able to heal without targetting anyone was great, until I was able to reload during transmission. This should not happen though, and NV + ToL seemed to be of way more value.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackoutWNCT View Post
    I quickly skimmed and noticed a couple of things.

1) Harmony uptime needs to be higher, get a WA that tracks the buff timer if need be.
    2) Lose the 5 piece. You only need 4, the 5th piece is losing you stats you need.
    3) Look into the iron spiked chey toy, or the winged hourglass in place of your Mark of rapid Replication, it will give you an increase to int, while boosting your spirit periodically too.
    4) look into running Nature's vigil instead of DoC. This is mostly a personal preference thing, however NV is better in some fights due to it's versatility.
    5) increase the uptime of your LifeBloom. That should be up at like 70-90%, just keep it on your main tank at all times.
    1: Workin on my Harmony.
    2: Im trying to. I only had 4 piece, but I caught a tier token for pants and they were an overall stat upgrade. I want to get down to only 3 pieces.
    3: I have a stage 1 hourglass. Would that work better than the Mark for my mana?
    4: I tested NV and with my current mana situation I can't see myself running it over DoC. But It is something I'm lookin into when I get my mana situation fixed.
    5: Also working on that. Still getting slightly overwhelmed between Healing everyone and avoiding effects.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonstryfe View Post
    1: Workin on my Harmony.
    2: Im trying to. I only had 4 piece, but I caught a tier token for pants and they were an overall stat upgrade. I want to get down to only 3 pieces.
    3: I have a stage 1 hourglass. Would that work better than the Mark for my mana?
    4: I tested NV and with my current mana situation I can't see myself running it over DoC. But It is something I'm lookin into when I get my mana situation fixed.
    5: Also working on that. Still getting slightly overwhelmed between Healing everyone and avoiding effects.
    Thanks!
    1. you can start off by using swiftmend on cd for harmony, its not the most effective way, but its ok CC proccs should be prioritized instead though.
    2. just get the best gear possible for you while keeping 2p.
    3. winged hourglass is shit and offers very little and is underbudget 640 ilvl does not really help it's cause, also the int is very lackluster, don't even consider swapping out mark for it, all spirit trinkets will be upgrades though, autoclave > elementalist > chewtoy should be the prio, having one of those, then for throughput you want BH/darmac int trinkets, with a spirit trinket for backup for very mana heavy fights, focus on getting one regen + one throughput though.
    4. test MoC it offers quite a lot more than DoC in terms of cheap throughput, if you have lots of issues with mana I would say both, but really you have too much spirit for that to be the case, so aim for MoC
    5. Lifebloom is great for movement though, and can even be used instead of a rejuv, it does more on a target taking continuous damage, but just having a high uptime on it saves you a lot of mana through CC (clearcasting) proccs, your mana isn't really low though.

1:Yea. That's pretty much what im doing for now.
    2:That's what im doing. though me getting the tier pants. (my 5th piece.) had nothing to do with it being tier. It was just better stats!
    3:That's exactly what I was trying to figure out for that with Hourglass.
    4:I'll give that a test on tuesday with my guild when we clear our farmbosses.
    5efinately, Since it's a good Spot-hot since it ticks so fast as well and for so little mana.

Thanks..