Resto Druid 2p/4p Set effects Worth/NotWorth?

So, I recently got all 4 pieces of T17 for my resto druid. I was wondering if the 4 piece was really worth it? Or if it's better to pick up other pieces and only run 2 piece. Also, If that is the case. Which 2 pieces would you guys recommend as the 2 to keep? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonstryfe View Post
    So, I recently got all 4 pieces of T17 for my resto druid. I was wondering if the 4 piece was really worth it? Or if it's better to pick up other pieces and only run 2 piece. Also, If that is the case. Which 2 pieces would you guys recommend as the 2 to keep? Thanks!
    Generally speaking the 4pc isn't worth it. Stick with 2pc and go for some other items. That said, the shoulders aren't too poorly itemized if you want to run 3pc for the stats (Legs, Gloves, Shoulders). Head and Chest having Crit would only serve if you wanted to min/max for two specs without getting additional pieces.

Personally -- and disclaimer: I just do Heroic -- I optimize for Haste/Mastery with MS close behind so Legs and Gloves/Shoulders are where I'd aim for my tier; it hasn't worked out that way yet as I got the chest, but I'll swap it out when I can. My alternatives in the other slots would be:

Head - Sorka's Nightshade Cowl/Crafted
    Chest - Unrendable Wolfhide Robes (Darmac)/Crafted
    Shoulders - Crafted
    Hands - Cannonball Loader's Grips
    Last edited by AngryLakitu; 2015-04-03 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    The helm from Maidens and chest from Beastlord are both better itemized than the tier pieces in those slots, so considering how situational the 4set is you wouldn't optimally use it. If you don't have these off-pieces or would lose considerable ilvl/sockets to wear them, the wearing the tier helm and chest is still fine as our stats are very close in value and ilvl is almost always king.

You want to avoid actively using the 4set most of the time even when it is optimal to wear it, though. Hard-casting non-NS HTs is typically both a waste of time and mana even after factoring in the cost reduction to WG. You also would typically want to cast RG rather than HT with your NS, as instant RG still has higher HPS than instant HT assuming reasonable levels of crit and living seeds being used.

I did some rough calculations a week or so ago and I think the 4 piece comes out to about 120 spirit or so if you only use it with NS/HT once each minute. That number might be a bit off as I don't have the sheet in front of me. That comes at the sacrifice of using NS on RG as many do. Basically, as long as you haven't gotten completely shafted on trinkets and really need the mana, the 4pc is probably not worth it.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 Set = Yes
    4 Set = No

I am using the 4pc for mythic blast furnace. Other fights I swap helm/chest to beastlord and maiden and run 2 piece with shoulder/legs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Mythic Furnace is probabyl the only fight its worth using on, since you get to use HT there.

Not worth, and especially not worth taking priority over DPS and tanks. As a mythic rdruid (9/10), I grabbed offpieces for the int gain, and once members have mythic pieces I'll link.
    When reaching for the future, we sometimes fall into the past. As we gaze upon events that can not be changed, our hearts grow bitter with regret.
    .:eyara:.

title says it all 2p worth 4p not worth

Deleted
    Not worth, only get if the stats are good for you and no one else in the raid needs it. My guild has even prioritized alts with a chance to play for 2p/4p over consistent resto druids, at their request.