Deleted

How are WW monks at duels after the buff?

Left WoW before 6.1 so I have no idea how it works now. Is it safe to get back on my monk for casual wpvp, duels and random bg as WW or do they still suck at that and I shouldn't bother?

Deleted
    I dont think monks were ever not viable for casual pvp and random bgs. The karma buffs helps us a bit though.

Deleted
    Duels and world pvp 1vs1 are fine due to cooldowns.
    The remaining stuff still sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCz View Post
    I dont think monks were ever not viable for casual pvp and random bgs. The karma buffs helps us a bit though.
    Viable yes but everytime you came across with a mage possessing brains or a huntard (brains not necessary) you might as well just bent over cause you didn't stand a chance.

Did that change now or are these two still a no go? Cause I don't plan on going into bgs and hunters be like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-3e0EkvIEM

- - - Updated - - -

333 views. 3 replies. Amazing.

Deleted
    Yea, cause we are half evil.

From a hunter perspective, WWs seem to drop over pretty fast still once their touch of karma is gone.

Deleted
    They suck. DKs, warr, hunters, druids all specs, rogues, palas shit on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Your stalker View Post
    Left WoW before 6.1 so I have no idea how it works now. Is it safe to get back on my monk for casual wpvp, duels and random bg as WW or do they still suck at that and I shouldn't bother?
    WW pvp hasnt change. We still suck. The only thing we are good at is not being caught easily.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Well, everything drops easy from a hunter's perspective, lol.

WW survival is pretty bad. Once your karma is down, you better have trinket+teleport or it's pretty much over. But our burst is one of the strongest, so you gotta abuse that.
    Last edited by Lemurion; 2015-04-07 at 06:01 AM.

DIVINITUM'S GRAND DUEL TIERING LIST FOR 6.1
    Tanks and healers excluded. Experience (duels won/duels lost) 4789/1163 as WW monk, 2641/2153 as Warrior, 468/276 as Ret Paladin. Countless of hours in Elwynn Forest/Durotar since Cataclysm.

GOD TIER
    Feral Druid, Hunter, Unholy >= Frost Death Knight.

These classes either have any combination of insane self-healing, damage, control, mobility or all of them, enabling them to beat most (if not all) other classes in 1v1. Although, certain few specs are able to fight and even beat them if played well.

GREAT TIER
    Retribution Paladin, WW Monk, Frost >= Fire Mage, Balance Druid, Enhancement Shaman, Demonology Warlock.

These classes above are mostly decent hybrids with some degree of healing/recovery, have excellent burst or/and have enough tools to keep them alive, making them excellent duelers. Well played classes of this tier are able to outplay and beat even some of the god tier classes in 1v1.

AVERAGE TIER
    Fury > Arms Warrior, Rogue, Affliction >= Destruction Warlock.

Average tier classes have either minimal recovery, tools or/and are "one trick ponies", that means depending on using everything they have and hope they kill their opponent before they are killed. Good players will be able to easily see and counter these opportunities and then beat them with ease. But even then, skilled players of these classes can still take on classes of the above tier.

SHIT TIER
    Shadow Priest, Elemental Shaman, Arcane Mage

Classes in this tier have any combinations minimal healing, control or hard to use tools in order to recover and/or deal damage. Even extraordinary players of these classes can, and will lose to far less skilled players of above tier (especially god tier) classes. Outplaying and beating them is still possible, but it will require Gladiator level skills/strategies.
    --
    --
    WW is currently one of the better dueling classes, but has some nasty counters. Slightly above average hunter will beat you. Excellent mage will beat you. Average feral will beat you. Well played Ret Paladin has a good chance to beat you.

WW monk has probably the weakest self heals in its tier (excluding mage), but they have one of the best mobility tools in the game, and that's what will make you win. You can kite essentially any melee, excluding feral druid, when you utilize your rolls/torpedos, teleport, flying serpent kick and tiger's lust correctly and buy yourself enough time to use your heals (Expel Harm, Healing Elixirs, Surging Mists, Chi Burst, Chi Torpedo).

Warriors do not stand any chance if you know when to trinket the right stuns and save at least some rolls/mobility to escape their burst. Same with rogues. When you Leg Sweep the rogue at start, and burst with your 2x Chi Brew stacks, he is forced to trinket that stun, otherwise he will die to your Hurricane Strike + Fists Combo. But in the end, he just bought himself 45 seconds just to die in the next stun.

You can take on DKs and kite them infinitely, especially frost DKs. However, if they choose to sit on blood presence all day and spec conversion, you will have hard time killing him. All it takes is a one mistake, one badly trinketed CC, wasting of your mobility, and the DK will lobotomize you.

Ret Paladins are tricky just because they can bubble/hop every Karma you do. So you have to kite and CC his burst, which is easier said than done, since so much of their damage is ranged. When he pops wings, I usually karma to force his bubble, then I will use Fortifying Brew and my 10 stacks of TEB to tank his burst and apply some counter pressure. If it looks like he is gaining upper hand, then just bail out and heal.

Frost mages are one of the harder match ups due to the fact they can also Ice Block your Karma in addition of all the roots and mobility they have to keep distance. Key to win this is to force him to blink without stunning him. But good mages rarely do this, so you might have to use Leg Sweep in order to make him blink, and then Hurricane Strike -> Fists of Fury him with stacks. This will result into an ice block. Repeat this until he dies, or you do. I suggest using Karma on his Frozen Orb to near guaranteed Ice Block.

Hunters are near impossible due to the fact they have almost as many tools to keep you away as you have mobility tools. In order to beat them, you cannot waste any rolls or flying serpent kick. Oh, and while he is kiting you, he heals 2% hp every 2 seconds, effectively negating all the damage you did on him. When you manage to hit him, make it count. Leg Sweep him, into Chi Burst -> Hurricane Strike -> Fists of Fury to force his trinket. Use Paralysis to stop his Disengage midway. Watch your teleport positioning, and teleport if he is close to your spirit. Correctly aim your rolls/FSK and keep on him until you can burst again and kill him.

Ferals. They heal more than you (also while doing damage), they kite better than you and also burst/damage you more than you. Their only weakness is that they have no defense in stuns except for their trinket, so it's fairly easy to force a trinket from feral druid. This results into a 45 second timer after which you may be able to kill him. But before that you will have to survive the bestial hell that is called Incarnation + Berserk burst and cry while trying to escape the inevitable. During this burst, focus on escaping him entirely. CC him using paralysis stuns, if you cannot escape then finally use Karma and Fortifying Brew if needed.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2015-04-07 at 07:50 PM.