Trinket replacements (Fury)

Recently my guild cleared heroic and we started on mythic. So far we are 2/10 and most fights are lasting longer from my experience, as I havent been doing much heroic progression as a DPS, I used to tank for my old guild. Now the biggest issue I have with scabbard is no passive str and it does not work well with AM as its nearly impossible to push recklessness down to 1.5 min, the closest I can get it to is something around 2.1-2.3 min. This means Vial lines better up with recklessness.

But is the heroic version good enough to replace Scabbard on most fights as it lines better up with recklessness when using AM?

Deleted
    I think you already answered your own problem. AM will have your reckless down at 2min 15-20sec you can't possibly go down to 2min or less. You dont take AM with scab. Also depends if you have 4pc. If you do have it then AM+vial will be awesome on most fights.

Hc vial won't be huge dps gain over scab, it will depend on the fight, its length and wether you need more burst at a certain phase. Can you fit 1 more reckless in x fight that you don't need burst at a certain phase.

For single-target it depends on fight length. If AM allows for extra Reck, use AM with Vial and be sure to delay Vial to line up with Reck. If AM does not allow for extra reck, use siegebreaker and scabbard.

In AoE fights, you have to think at what rate the adds appear I'd say.

Guess I just have to get used to most fights to see which is better. I really dont like the idea of having to switch out trinkets all the time, but guess thats how mythic progression is, as Im like the only STR dps in our guild I've been given so many trinkets lately.

I would also like to know if its worth using horn or the blackhand trinket based on my gear. And if horn is better to use with scabbard as my multistrike isnt that high with scabbard alone.

Armory : EU -> Khelon (Kazzak Realm)

Deleted
    I would rate Horn as best trinket from BRF because its not random. Proc literary gives flat dmg bonus.

As for blackhand trinket: It's probably better than Vial on aoe/add heavy fights like Beastlord/Thogar.

Normal vial is a significant upgrade from scabbard. Heroic is a very significant upgrade. You want horn/vial for every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthan View Post
    Normal vial is a significant upgrade from scabbard. Heroic is a very significant upgrade. You want horn/vial for every fight.
    Gonna disagree with you on that one, it greatly depends on fight length. Single target fights like Gruul and Oregorger are perfect with Scabbard + SBr + SB + Avatar. When I switched to AM normal vial my damage went down by a significant margin, since our kills aren't long enough to get me another Reck.

Vial is worth using on fights where AM will get you another Reck, as they line up very well. Vial is definitely NOT worth using on non-AM fights, or if you can't be sure what the length is going to be.

Heroic Vial may be more worth it, but normal vial is mostly a downgrade from scabbard in my experience.