Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy coffee, but I do think it's kind of overrated. Like some people have to have their coffee every morning, it's a weird addiction. Also, a really good cup of coffee is rare I think, it almost always just tastes like meh, nothing special. Even when you pay alot of money for it, it's rarely anything special. I actually think the coffee that McDonald's serve is surprisingly good. Way better than you would expect from a fastfood restaurant.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2015-04-03 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I actually think the coffee that McDonald's serve is suprisingly good. Way better than you would expect from a fastfood restaurant.
    Buying power. If you can buy a high quality machine that has a good thermostat and a good grinder, then grind/boil on demand you can do nice things to average coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    Lighter roasts (Suited for Breakfast and All-nighters) are going to have a more delicate flavor and have more caffeine. Darker roasts (Afternoon and Dinner coffees) are going to have a more robust flavor and have less caffeine.
    Not true, this is a myth and so is the opposite belief that darker roasts have more caffeine. Roasting has zero effect on caffeine content. Lighter roast beans are smaller and if measuring by the scoop you'll end up with bit more coffee and therefore caffeine by volume but any knowledgable coffee drinker is going to measure by weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

i love coffee. i love cappuccino more though. But I'm the kind of person that drinks a variety of drinks and flavors of a drink before settling on my favorites. I dont just stick to 1 flavor or plain i often find the back of the shelf beers for example.

I dont drink alcohol to get drunk, and that is one of the main attractions for sure. But no i drink a lot of alcohol drinks for the flavor and the intense emotion sometimes in it.

Emotion? yes emotion i call it. For me when i enjoy a good glass of ale, especially in the many different yummy flavors they have, i can sit and relax and a really good mood/comfort.

I consider myself a beer connoisseur (tasting many different beers, variety of tastes, I enjoy Dark Ales the most)

I guess its a comfort thing, its why i drink mountain dew obsessively..its not because i am super thirsty, not for the sugar, or the caffeine...its because its familiar and comfortable and i enjoy drinking it just as much as for the flavors. Addiction? maybe....

The same goes for coffee, I've found that i love to try all the different flavors, I'm not one for plain boring stuff, although i drink them when i have no money, of course. Because you have to generally pay well for the real good stuff (not always though)

Sometimes you find that offbeat brand or flavor and you have an eureka and get super excited that you just find your new favorite drink..and it was only a dollar at big lots! (I'm looking at you Mucho-Mango Arizona tea!)

So i guess to each their own, we all have our own tastes, but i know for me personally i love coffee, the caffeine doesn't generally do much for me unless i drink a lot of it, like 2-3 styrofoam cups..but then i just get twitchy and shaky, and i have to eat or i get sick. Caffeine works best when you fast from it....

basically do not drink any caffeine for a few days..maybe a week..let your body totally drain out of your normal day to day intake...then slam a mountain dew 20z...HELLO WORLD! (and this is the exact feeling/emotion i am talking about) that rush, that smooth taste, when your body is on a clean slate...its euphoric

I work overnights, so when i am poor and dont want a soda, I'll grab a hot cup of coffee, spoon in some creamer, sugar in there, stir it up and enjoy. Sitting at 2am enjoying a nice hot cup of coffee is to me one of the biggest joys of my night.

Tldr; comfort foods/drinks..addiction to what you love/familiar with...enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Find better coffee
    So much what he said. I drink 4~8 cups a day of this. Have a machine at home and the office.

"Instant" is NOT coffee. Filter is a bit weak too. A good grinder and plunger works well, though - especially with the flavoured beans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender View Post
    A hot beverage that tastes good and is 0 calories. For people who respond to caffeine it will also brighten your day, it doesn't for me but the first two points alone makes it awesome. Tea works as well, it feels a bit more fresh but it's weaker in the taste department imo.
    Also not true. Very low calorie yes but not zero. And better quality tea brewed long enough will gag a maggot. The shitty US ice tea bagged stuff is just like Americas favorite beer (Bud)....weak, watered down horse piss.
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer caffeine tablets. Tastless and you can mix them with any drink.

And same effect as normal coffee. I only use them when i need some thinking boost or when i need to wake up.

Withdrawal symptoms suck tho... (but only when to much caffeine)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    The shitty US ice tea bagged stuff is just like Americas favorite beer (Bud)....weak, watered down horse piss.
    Shots fired!

"what is the problem here?" or "i dont see the problem here" ---- see how constructive that is?
    seriously tho, caffeine /thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Although, I've not seen any other society so obsessed with coffee to the extend than is the case over here in the US
    Welcome to Finland then. Coffee is such a large part of our culture that regular coffee breaks are enforced by law.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know what it is either i tried it once found it to be bitter and icky tasting.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Welcome to Finland then. Coffee is such a large part of our culture that regular coffee breaks are enforced by law.
    Scandinavia too, people are crazy about coffee

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do they force you to drink coffee?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    I always get embarrassed going on a coffee date and getting a iced tea because i hate coffee. The struggle is real, Seriously though I've tried coffee and not mater what flavor i can't get into it.
    LOL so don't get coffee... most coffee shops have other beverages

Shots fired!
    Haha! Being an American I'm 100% entitled to speak the truth about Budweiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, us Fins do love coffee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ion_per_capita

Number 1 by large margin.

Hmmmm, found other lists, too. Seem to vary a lot. In one list it was Netherlands 1st and Finland 2nd.
    Last edited by Santti; 2015-04-03 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baptist View Post
    ive tried to drink it to get not tired but it tastes vile and doesnt make me more energy

can anyone explained what is so special with it?
    We are all the same essentially (humans) we're the same robot inside it's just this one quirky thing is we all like and dislike things depending on how we were brought up, made, molded, whatever you want to call it. To me coffee and even energy drinks and chocolate, i cannot feel the energy boost they supposed to give out but that's just me. I do like coffee though.

like coffee
    don't like coffee
    feel energy
    don't feel energy

AND REPEAT, repeat, repeat, repeat, repaet, (oh you spell repeat wrong), repeat, repeat

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the smell of coffee is much better than the actual taste. I very often stick my nose in a jar of coffee and I enjoy the smell immensely. The taste is not nearly as amazing though, in my opinion. I still drink it ofcourse

I think the smell of coffee is much better than the actual taste. I very often stick my nose in a jar of coffee and I enjoy the smell immensely. The taste is not nearly as amazing though, in my opinion. I still drink it of course
    Oh nice i do this as well and i do it especially with bud weed that my friend buys, i just smell it i don't smoke it

Oh and just to echo what has been said already - coffee is very much an acquired taste. Most people don't really enjoy the taste at first but it's become such a habit that they miss even the taste after one morning coffee free.

Those that say that the caffeine does nothing are probably expecting too much of a noticeable pick me up and/or are likely already consuming a large amount of caffeine every day. Caffeine is in quite a few other products besides coffee. But regular caffeine use certainly does drastically tone down its noticeable effects.

But if ya really want a pick me up drink tea instead. It has far more caffeine than coffee. Just brew it at higher strength like coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    So much what he said. I drink 4~8 cups a day of this. Have a machine at home and the office.

"Instant" is NOT coffee. Filter is a bit weak too. A good grinder and plunger works well, though - especially with the flavoured beans.

Might wanna cut back a bit there - depending on the type you could be pushing 2000mg of caffeine. O_o