10+ Year Old Account

What pet teams do you use that gets you the most win rates?

For me, I'm currently using:

Ghastly Kid - Hoof, Consume Magic, Haunt.

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling - Breath, Thunderbolt, Decoy.

Fossilized Hatchling - Claw, Ancient Blessing, BONESTORM.

I usually open with Ghastly Kid (especially when opponent has Unburn, Water Spirit, or any other pet that might unload a bunch of debuffs on me). If it's a debuff pet, I'll Hoof and wait until they put on their debuffs and then Haunt. If not, I go straight to Haunt. If it's a pet that has a dodge mechanic I Hoof first to play it safe.

From there I bring out my Dragonling and Thunderbolt and then Decoy. Gotta do da AoE.

After I decoy I bring out my Hatchling and BONESTORM, heal, Claw, Claw, BONESTORM, rinse and repeat until dead. (Most of the time I can only do 2 BONESTORMS before I bite the dust, which should be enough. If I get 3 off, it's basically a guaranteed win for me)

Then I go back to Dragonling and Thunderbolt and Decoy. By this time there should be 1 dead pets and hurt pets up. Thunderbolt will hit harder.

By this time, they have at least 1 dead pet and 2 very hurt pets. Pretty easy win.

I do have counters though, mostly teams with high healing or high speed pets like Rabbits and a Fiendish Imp/Corgi with Nether Gate could really fuck me up bad. Aquatic pets at against my Kid is also sucky because they take 1/3 of the Haunt damage for being aquatic.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-04-03 at 05:45 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Not a huge pet battler but i like

Molten Corgi
    Crominius
    Iron Starlette

Not sure if it works as welli WoD as in MoP but:

I got 95% win ration with jademist dancer, toothy and blighthawk.
    You start with blighthawk and use cyclone, do the bite, swap to jademist, rain dance and then acid rain. Do two rounds of these and enemy pets are in general low enough for toothy to finish them of with surge.

Crominius
    Iron Starlette

Chrominius, Unborn, Panther Cub.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Chrominius, PWS and MPD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    Not sure if it works as welli WoD as in MoP but:

I got 95% win ration with jademist dancer, toothy and blighthawk.
    You start with blighthawk and use cyclone, do the bite, swap to jademist, rain dance and then acid rain. Do two rounds of these and enemy pets are in general low enough for toothy to finish them of with surge.
    This is why I almost always open with my Ghastly Kid, his Consume Magic ability would dispel all the debuffs on our team, including the cyclone. That move is seriously under rated.

With that said, why all the Chroms? That pet is seriously over rated. They're extremely predictable and easy to counter. I don't think I've ever lost to a team with one.

Starlette is also pretty predictable, but someone who knows whats up can still pull them off (thanks to Powerball).
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-04-09 at 09:45 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Is there a way to track lineup% ? Or are we just guessing? A Raven, Crow and some random will win you most ever fight there is for lev'n pets and many daily's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    This is why I almost always open with my Ghastly Kid, his Consume Magic ability would dispel all the debuffs on our team, including the cyclone. That move is seriously under rated.

With that said, why all the Chroms? That pet is seriously over rated. They're extremely predictable and easy to counter. I don't think I've ever lost to a team with one.

Starlette is also pretty predictable, but someone who knows whats up can still pull them off (thanks to Powerball).
    Thing is. People dont play thst way becaise it simply is not that fun and makes it take a longer time.

If you like powerball i suggest using Vengeful porcupette, if you have dazzling dance up as well (a fox with dazzling, crouch is good) you will have slot of fun with porcuppettes spirit spikes, you often will get the second one in once the racial is triggered and stay alive for a long time while doing nice damage. This is also good vs mechanical dragonling.

I thought Fossilized Raptor, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and a S/S Rabbit were "THE" comp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The creepy house from the opening of classic Scooby Doo
    This is my main go to team:

(Rare) Kun-Lai Runt[Sassquatch]: Takedown, Mangle, and Deep Freeze
    (Rare) Iron Starlette[Archimedes]: Wind-Up, Powerball, Super Charge
    (Rare) Ominous Flame[Catnaros]: Spitfire Bolt, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate

Subs:
    (Rare) Ghastly Kid[Goatbuster]: Diseased Bite, Ethereal, Haunt
    (Rare) Puddle Terror[Tsunami]: Waterjet, clobber, dive
    (Rare) Wild Jade Hatchling[Tsulong]: Breath, Call Lightning, Cyclone
    (Rare) Leatherhide Runt[Rhinosaur]: Smash, Trumpet Strike, Horn Attack
    (Rare) Firewing[Lil Alysrazor]: Deep Burn, Scorched Earth, Murder

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I thought Fossilized Raptor, Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling and a S/S Rabbit were "THE" comp.
    Definitely an annoying comp and pretty hard to beat with my comp for sure.

With that team, I have to change my strategy and bring out my Fossilized Hatchling first since he has the anti critter attack, and I have to guess when they're going to use Dodge and Borrow so I could use BONESTORM. Pretty annoying for sure.

Since I'm using 2 undead, critter heavy teams are definitely harder for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hots View Post
    Thing is. People dont play thst way becaise it simply is not that fun and makes it take a longer time.
    What are you talking about? If anything, it makes it shorter fight since you're doing more overall damage from AoEing their entire team at once.

Powerball is only useful on Iron Starlette cuz it lets you get off the Wind Up before most other pets could use their Dodge/Shield/Blind ability to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Definitely an annoying comp and pretty hard to beat with my comp for sure.

With that team, I have to change my strategy and bring out my Fossilized Hatchling first since he has the anti critter attack, and I have to guess when they're going to use Dodge and Borrow so I could use BONESTORM. Pretty annoying for sure.
    Yup. Fossilized Hatchling and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling are the 2 most OP pets going and the Rabbit is the hard counter to them both since it demolishes Decoy in 1 turn, takes reduced damage from Thunderbolt and beats the hell out of Fossilized Hatchling. I discovered this after 1 night Pet Battling when it's the only comp people were playing.

There is probably a meta level above this comp but I've not really explored Pet Battling to it's fullest extent.

Deleted
    I win the most with my Clonedance combo;
    Blighthawk
    Jademist Dancer H/S Breed
    vengeful porcupette

I reckon that I have around 85-90% win-ratio with around 500 wins. Some nights I meet counters and have only a 70% win ratio.

Before that I used to roll with 2x Fossilized Hatchlings and various different third pets ranging from Moths to Rabbits.