Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Why does it matter? It doesn't take anything away from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

So the movie isn't funded that way, the games aren't either, they are a multi-franchise company now. You seem to have no grasp on how companies work or allocate funds. They aren't the same funds that go towards the game content, and the people producing this content aren't the same people producing the content.

And all the other things are payed for with their marketing budget.

If you don't like it, don't play it, and if you already don't play it, kindly get off the WOW FORUMS.
    Where is the rule that you have to play wow to browse these forums? I haven't played since the 2nd month of WoD but I still browse the forums hoping that I see something worth coming back for.

And it was already explained in this thread, but for anyone that isn't trolling, it isn't about the money allocated to this or the dev time that it doesn't take away from, its the fact that in a content drought where there is already a lot of discontent over the current state of the game, the stuff making headlines is this, april fools jokes, and features from other games. People want to see progress with WoD, and they aren't, so it makes them upset.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see the Wrathful Gladiator-Paladin set from WOTLK. Also, Light's Justice (mace) from Karazhan.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidlyon View Post
    Where is the rule that you have to play wow to browse these forums? I haven't played since the 2nd month of WoD but I still browse the forums hoping that I see something worth coming back for.

And it was already explained in this thread, but for anyone that isn't trolling, it isn't about the money allocated to this or the dev time that it doesn't take away from, its the fact that in a content drought where there is already a lot of discontent over the current state of the game, the stuff making headlines is this, april fools jokes, and features from other games. People want to see progress with WoD, and they aren't, so it makes them upset.
    And Im willing to bet that people gets upset about negative comments, which in turns makes them more upset and then they post negatively as well. This way we shall all hold our parts while chanting the QQ wow song! Don't have anything nice to say? Don't say it, unless you are going to be constructive about it

Deleted
    Bulwark of Azzinoth or GTFO

Bulwark of Azzinoth OR that bow that can't be obtained anymore...Frenzystrike Longbow! The Horde one, it looks SO good in-game!

That was awesome. Where can I sign up for this profession?

Also, I'd like to see them make Kargath's Bladefist (AKA ''The Bladefist'')
    Last edited by Tisane; 2015-04-03 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidlyon View Post
    Get a grip man. What is going on with your life that you're dying for WoD news?

Came to the thread to see the 'we lost content for this' comments. Wasn't disappointed!

Personally, I'm glad they are doing stuff like this. (1) It's interesting (2) It reaches out to people that may have never played the game (3) It's fun

Also, people thinking the Blizzard movie is funded by your sub money = retards.

Irish Mike of Big Giant Swords would have made Gorehowl so much more viscous. This wep looks flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    So all your WoW sub money goes to Choppers, a flop movie, Hearthstone and Overwatch, and some random guy making LARP weapons.... Instead of WoW itself. Pathetic lol.
    The movie flopped? I wasn't aware that it had been released yet.

Pretty sure that the money that pays to have WoW developped is not the same money that pays to have cool side projects done. Unless you also work in the Blizzard accounting offices, and know something we don't.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Deleted
    I don't get people that love to suggest Blizzard can just allocate the same resources twice, both to marketing and to development, and that there is not at some point a group of people that gets to decide one or another aspect serves their interests better. Yes, we get that the fucking axe didn't mean Holinka didn't get his wages this month. What this is just another symptom of however is that due to Blizzard's overall inclination to make up for deficits in the game quality with creating hype and sources for microtransactions, there seems to be more money "wasted" on fluff, that could have been used to hire an extra artists or four to design a dungeon/quest hub/race/whathaveyou, or god forbid someone expensive and extremely talented to take another look at the new models, just because there's not as much quick profit in that as in promotion.

Then again, if they really can't convert money into content no matter how much disposable resources they're sitting on, then perhaps it's high time for them to charge their customers less.

Of course they make yet another Horde weapon. I want to see Hammer of the Naaru created.

Deleted
    Fucking awesome job. Both the weapon and the video. Appreciate the insight into some of the blacksmithing techniques. Please use more money on awesome sideprojects like this!! This is how lore comes to life and in the process we can learn something that most of us wouldn't really ever get to see. (no sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    Pretty sure that the money that pays to have WoW developped is not the same money that pays to have cool side projects done. Unless you also work in the Blizzard accounting offices, and know something we don't.
    Yeah sure, the WoW money stays with WoW, and the side projects are paid from the... from the... they are paid from the... FROM THE DONATIONS... that... the players donate towards sideprojects... or something. Right? Or they found a technique to summon money from thin air maybe?

Whatever, I rather see them forge every single weapon than add instagram, pinterest and grindr plugins into WoW. My pick: Cloudsong Glaive
    Although there's sadly like a zero percent chance to get the energy trails to look good irl.
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2015-04-03 at 11:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yessssss YEESSSSsssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    So all your WoW sub money goes to Choppers, a flop movie, Hearthstone and Overwatch, and some random guy making LARP weapons.... Instead of WoW itself. Pathetic lol.
    https://youtu.be/rasZzenuYxI
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Forging weapons is so much more awesome than making shitty motorcycles.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I fail to see how a single production crew filming a guy who does this for a living can in ANY way take away from WoW development. IDK maybe I have too much experience in the real world.
    I have no idea either I think some people are complete and utter <insert whatever here>..

Deleted
    Really like them making replicas of weapons, however, I am a bit disappointed with this one. It's not only small, it also appears very light (due to the construction) and, while I understand why they scaled/weighted it down, it feels like it doesn't do a true Orc's weapon justice. Surely they could have afforded to have a legit Strongman there to wield a more accurate version rather than the "themed" Grommash

Also, Bladefist/Bulwark sound like excellent suggestions for future replicas. They may not be that important to the lore, but they are both very recognizable.
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2015-04-04 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    how do people not get that this is a advertisement?????

like games need to advertise to attract new people you realise?

if you don't spend money on advertising all the content in the world won't get you new players.
    They could focus on keeping the players they already have subscribed by offering new content more regularly. It doesn't always have to be new raid tiers, but other MMO's offer smaller content patches each month that move the story forward. They even have the platform to do it with the garrison campaigns but those were one and done and we're waiting 4-6 months for the next set of them.

Deleted
    First, this is just fking far away from blacksmithing (yes, modern blacksmithing obviously...This guy is more like a "celeb" type blacksmith, famous to make fake, basically ornamental items) Second, good to see the fantasy weapons are useless in real life...the handle is way too short (holding with 2 hands makes the using really awkward) the head is too big and the "skullsmasher" ending is way to small and light to compensate the oversized head (it`s used for balance) For a 2 handed axe the handle supposed to be a lot longer, for 1 handed the head supposed to be way smaller....