Tychus wihtout Cigar - WTF? [BIG IMAGES]

Hey everyone, I tried Tychus today and was really disappointed with his new model(though gameplay wasn't that bad).

From badass:

To this guy:

They did delete his cigar and also changed his face. Right now he looks like the guy from Team Fortress with stupid face.

Why did they do it? Do not give me this bulls**t that's it's "game for kids and heroes shouldn't smoke" because:
    Quote Originally Posted by Found on Blizzard Forums
    So... apparently Tychus' cigar is more offensive than Azmodan's nipple rings? Or the fact that Kerrigan is literally walking around naked the entire game? Or Chen's excessive drinking habit? Or that with Murky they're basically encouraging people to slaughter a creature that is still in diapers over and over (and pretty quickly, I might add)? Or how about Diablo's obvious demonic references, including a flaming red pentacle that many people associate with Satanic cults (even though that's not where the symbol originates or even is most commonly used)? Or how about Nazeebo's shrunken troll head and voodoo magic?

Deleted
    It may be bullshit, but it's law.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    His mouth isn't even appearing, how can people see the lack of the cigar? Edit: Saw the model ingame. Cigar-less. Meh.
    Also, his face is bugged. They'll fix it later (there's a blue post somewhere on the foruns/blogs about it)

Deleted
    I did not even notice he had the cigar before, it is so much a minuscule detail..

Recent blue posts state that it's a bug. Several heroes actually have a cross-eyed issue at the moment with their character models. No need to FREAK THE HOLY SHIT OUT about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Recent blue posts state that it's a bug. Several heroes actually have a cross-eyed issue at the moment with their character models. No need to FREAK THE HOLY SHIT OUT about it.
    The eyes are a bug but the removal of the cigar isn't. They removed that because of it affecting the game's rating probably.

Its like what happened with Graves in LoL, when they removed his cigar because parents go "OMFG IT PROMOTES SMOKING WAHHWAHHWAHH BAN BAN BAN"

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post
    Its like what happened with Graves in LoL, when they removed his cigar because parents go "OMFG IT PROMOTES SMOKING WAHHWAHHWAHH BAN BAN BAN"
    No... Countries have these things called "age restrictions", you'll figure the rest out on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    The eyes are a bug but the removal of the cigar isn't. They removed that because of it affecting the game's rating probably.
    I have a great deal of trouble believing that.

No one cares...

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    If I remember correctly, similar thing happened in League of Legends - Graves had his cigar removed, I don't recally why tho...

I wouldn't honestly, if you have one character smoking, it would probably bump the rating in some way, I mean, just look at all the games that have one small reference to alcohol, and the rating on the back will always make sure to let you know it is in the game.

That being said, I don't care about the Cigar, but his face looks stupid as hell.

Riot Silver on removing the cigar from Graves in his splash art:
    Hey all,

I can give a bit of context on why the cigar was removed. Essentially, there was a significant risk of censorship or age rating problems in various regions based on the depiction of tobacco usage. This kind of thing is pretty strictly enforced in parts of the world, and in this case it became clear that we needed to remove the cigar in his splash. The relevant laws sometimes apply differently depending on content type, which is why something that might work in peripheral content like a cinematic may not work in content like splashes that are tied specifically to the core game.

I can also speak a bit as to why we wouldn't create multiple splashes in response to this kind of issue. One of our goals moving forward with splash art, compared to how things have been done in the past, is to create content for all regions. In the past we've created modified or entirely different splashes based on the needs or appeal of certain regions, but this is something we've been working to change moving forward. Where possible, we want to stay away from sharding the game unnecessarily for different regions. It may seem like a small thing in this case, but we believe that being consistent with this artistic approach best allows for a common community and common stories for players to experience and share with each other.

Source: http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com...d?comment=000f

EDIT: All I have to say is:
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2015-04-04 at 03:24 PM.

Someone already contacted Blizz about his face since the last patch, and they said it was a bug. They are fixing it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Someone already contacted Blizz about his face since the last patch, and they said it was a bug. They are fixing it.
    I have a fix for now, shut his visor so we don't have to look at that anymore.

I can bet you that is the reason. Not only does it affect ratings but in many countries there is straight up censorship regarding these things.

I know that in Turkey for example tobacco, blood and alcohol are often censored in media. Countries can go really far in this, even in hentai they put black bars on the cartoon cocks because of censorship laws.

Well if they don't patch it back in that's just silly, was Tychus ever not chomping a cigar?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    All I have to say is:
    I rebut with

Also, the model isn't changed that much honestly. It looks mostly like lighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I rebut with

Also, the model isn't changed that much honestly. It looks mostly like lighting.
    His eyes are all sorts of messed up. They did tweaks to his face, and his eyes don't properly fit in it anymore/dont face the right direction.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.