Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffafar View Post
    Just curious I said about taking glyphed CoS for this earlier and you said it was a waste:/
    Yes, I said it's a waste to go with CoS glyph if you are in the hands. This wasn't meant for being in the hands, this is meant to stay outside the hands and then survive the thundering blows with talented feint+glyphed cloak, like the guy did as stated above.

You can also see on his log that he plays Combat for this which I believe personally is also better, you always got that third slot you can use up on anything as Combat, so you can easily go Cloak glyph, energy and dissappearence. Also, the reason why I think Combat is better is because of the AoE with Blade Flurry+Killing Spree is a lot better which is the initial plan when you let someone stay outside of the hands, most guilds uses BoP on a boomkin, to survive it so he can run around with starfall + dotting. A combat rogue can do it pretty much aswell with our good AoE. If you are playing Subtetly however, I would stay with hemo glyph+vanish glyph+energy and go into a hand. You can then just spam AoE with FoK + CT or you if you need to get out quickly to get the tank out or something, just FoK + Evis your own hand and get out as fast possible.

So yeah, sorry, if I didn't explained myself properly above. But this is meant for surviving Thundering Blows, not for hands like I was claiming above.
    Last edited by B L A D E; 2015-04-09 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah sorry I don't think I stated I was also about not going in hands my bad

Quote Originally Posted by B L A D E View Post
    It's enough to just take CloS glyph and keep Energy+Dissapearence. You just gotta make sure that you never let feint drop or else you will die. Then just hit feint and cloak immediatly when he starts hammering and you are fine. Then before you fall down, just shadowstep on top of a hand and go nuts on AoE.
    You know you can hit Shadow-step to Kromog the second you leave the ground and you'll be able to run to the hands. No need to be knocked up and shadow-step before you hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseenkilla View Post
    You know you can hit Shadow-step to Kromog the second you leave the ground and you'll be able to run to the hands. No need to be knocked up and shadow-step before you hit the ground.
    That aswell works but it depends entirely on your group. If I were to do that with my guild, I would kill them all because of all the damage we currently have, we are in need of delaying it till Thundering Blows is done. So I haven't been bothered to do that since it will be done at the same time that I shadow step down anyway, I just primarily focus on keeping feint up or else i'll die.

But yeah, if you are in progress and has trouble with hands dps then definitely do this trick.

But also another conclusion to the topic, I personally don't think that rogues should be doing this since:
    A. To benefit mostly from it, you'll have to play Combat which is less damage on pillar and less damage on boss which is the things that matters most.
    B. If you have to do it as Sub, you need to sacrifice really important glyphs just to do it which I don't think is worth at all.
    C. There is a lot of classes that handles hands way better than rogues without loosing too much like Boomkins and Death Knights with NP.

On our first kill, we also had 2 mages and 1 boomkin stay out of hands because only thing Arcane mages needs to do is go Cold Snap + Alter Time and they can do it everytime without loosing any DPS or have to go a different spec and they also have a lot better ST burst than rogues, so we had them burst important roles out of their hands as fast as possible. Boomkin we gave BoP, so he could just run around and starfall + dotting. Then we had three hunters using barrage from corners and two DK's spreading NP, we never really had any troubles with hands.

And yeah, just overall staying in hand as rogue, you will still do pretty decent. Just spamming FoK + CT will help additionally to everyone else around you.

I would only do it if there was enough ST for pillars and boss already and you are lacking to get out of hands. Then definitely go Combat for it and do the surviving trick but else I wouldn't consider it imo.

I usually just focus on the few hands that are dying slower than the rest. No need to focus on my own because I've literally never taken a single hand on my rogue on mythic, it's 100% unnecessary damage that the raid has to deal.

edit: Glyph of cloak of shadows, elusiveness and combat readiness is what I've usually ran with for kromog, pop them all just when his channel is about to end and shadowstep to kromog when he knocks you up. Then just keep faint up and go for the hand(s) you're supposed to help with.

Quote Originally Posted by B L A D E View Post
    That aswell works but it depends entirely on your group. If I were to do that with my guild, I would kill them all because of all the damage we currently have, we are in need of delaying it till Thundering Blows is done. So I haven't been bothered to do that since it will be done at the same time that I shadow step down anyway, I just primarily focus on keeping feint up or else i'll die.
    Well, you know you could always shadowstep to Kromog instead of a hand and deal more single target damage instead of flying up and down. Sounds like you are doing it the lazy way and not really optimizing on this fight.

Hemorrhaging Veins is not a mandatory glyph at all. It is great if you let Rupture fall off and screw up or if you have to target switch many times on spread out targets. Using Crimson Tempest applies the same damage buff as Hemorrhage with glyph or Rupture, so for stacked hands it is perfectly fine. You receive nearly the same damage while staying in hand as you do while staying out of it while keeping up Cloak + Feint, so I don't really see a reason to make your raid have to deal more damage to a bonus hand. Plus sub is better for the pillars phase, which is even a bigger bonus. Tbh I believe both Sub and Combat are equally viable in here, just excel at different things.