Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    LoL is boring. Hots is a lot of fun and far more team oriented.

and btw guys, LoL has no depths. Sure when you're a noob and you don't know any of the items, you're like "omg it's so complicated, so much decisons to make §§§" and then you realise that you build exactly the same every game with some small alterations. Such depth.
    Yeah I agree. It comes down to the old WoW talent tree issue.

Basically there's a right way to spec and a wrong way. All it means is if you didn't look it up online you're doing it wrong and if you did you're okay.

I'm plenty fine with the skill gap being in the abilities themselves. Predicting where to aim a Stitches hook, knowing as Illidan when to use Sweeping Strikes offensively or defensively, or just general map strategy.

"Builds" and such are just an illusion of depth.

I've never played a game of LoL or DOTA (or any lesser known MOBA equivalent) outside of the original WC3 DotA, and HotS is enough to keep my interest without having the toxic communities for the former games. Sure, it doesn't have items, (which IMO is for the best as 95% of the shop items weren't used) but the objectives are more interesting than simply killing the mega boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    my friend used to love LoL, he had a high rank and everything. He used to play for hours each day. I tried several times to join him but the genre just wasnt cutting it. So last year I got an alpha invite, took it so I could share it with him to get his opinion. Loved it. In fact, Heroes got me into the genre.

So when beta came out and he jumped on board... he was critical, yes. But I was at a point where I could understand and for measure I played with him in LoL and O.M.G. that game was still boring to me. Its slow, like playing Chess by yourself slow. I did a research style comparison with it one day, like marking each time something happened in both games. What I found is that heroes actually starts in 60sec, LoL doesn't realistically start until the nearly 2min into the match. Prior to that heroes sit in lanes and either taunt one another or sit afk waiting for minions/creeps to arrive. In LoL the fighting doesnt technically start until around the 25min mark (due to leveling and gold), by that time a heroes match is over. For comparison, the fighting in heroes starts once the players enter a lane.

Long story short, he left LoL after he realized how awful the game was when matches were 45min long and you had to spend half the match "unlocking" your character. Likewise, I am happy that I never got into LoL now.