Poll: Would you pay for in-game boosting? (Carries, coaching, farming, etc.,)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Why would I bother to pay someone when I can do it myself with the help of google?

You know, these days I think i would be willing to pay...not for raid stuff (I can always go back and solo that stuff, and its rare these days that PVE content rewards go away completely), but I would be willing to pay for PVP achievements, particularity the achievements that give army ranks. I could do PVP and find a rated BG team and all that business for free sure...problem is, while I want the rank titles and achievements, I don't really enjoy that style of play and so I don't do it.

Mind you, that depends on the cost. No way would I pay the $100 price OP mentions. I'd rather go and buy a brand new console game or a few blu rays. $20? Maybe (And that's pushing it as that's more than a months sub)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to bother paying gold within the game to get carried or run through content and I would surely not do so for real money. There just nothing worth any mount of money or gold that I would want to pay for in this game or any other game for that matter.

Any other feedback/opiions on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastag Help View Post
    It seems the lines between gold and RWC (real world currency) are beginning to blur. The in-game store is getting bigger, game time tokens exist.

If Blizzard were to flip the switch tomorrow and declare that selling in-game content for RWC was an allowed practice, would you?

Note that this conversation isn't a matter of will Blizz ever allow it, but of whether or not you could see yourself participating in this practice?

Clarification as Requested
    The example here would be paying a guild $100 to join them in a full clear of a current raid that you are otherwise unable to do on your own (for whatever reason). Another example would be paying so-and-so $100 to get 2000 rating in 3s. It's my understanding that many pay for this due to lack of time to commit and/or lack of raw talent to achieve them on their own.
    You should've mentioned in the poll "would you pay REAL MONEY". Probably would have had a lot less yes answers.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

At this point, I would only pay them real cash for flight in Draenor, and a fucking promise that I'd be able to fly at max level in every expansion from now on.

So tired of wanting to go somewhere, realizing the flight path time and not having freedom, and then giving up on it and logging a character that has stuff to do in old zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

Play the game or don't. Things like farming and paying for runs with real money and so forth earn you in-game advantages.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    All of that can be bought already, with gold, which is now available on the blizzard store.

I myself have purchased a boost for gold in the past, namely for the MoP challenge modes I could never be bothered to do legitimately but desired the rewards and I will do the same for WoD.

Now if I could get a RBG boost for the mounts and transmog... Then I'd pay, blood knight transmog is something I have desired for a long time, same with the mounts, I just suck at PvP.

No i'm not dumb enough to be a whale for a subscription game.

Deleted
    I collect achievements and have paid people gold to do stuff for me on various occasions.
    (Random shit like certain random BG achievements that otherwise you'd have to do in a PuG.)

I made the iron rule for myself that I will never spend any money on WoW besides the subscription fee.
    (As such if I wanted something from the in-game store I always asked friends to buy it for me and I would hand them gold.)

As such I wouldn't pay people with RWC ever. But I have no problems handing them gold.
    In the end it is just more effective that way.

For raiding or actual PvP I wouldn't pay people tho ... why pay for a game and then not play it?
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2015-04-08 at 05:28 AM.