Thread: we need a Reset

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

we need a Reset

I actually unsubbed just over a month ago and can't post on the wow forums so I thought I would join this site and post. First off I do miss the game but everyone I know has unsubbed as well in the past month or so.

I have been thinking what does this game really need? what has happened since the beginning that put everyone on edge the most.. and I can not pinpoint any one thing its a mass of things that has caused a lot of the issues and caused people to leave.

I played during vanilla ya big deal, I hated running til level 40 the same as everyone else, I did enjoy PVP a lot better then compared to now. But vanilla was not the great grand game that everyone fell in love with, I think that truly happened at BC, when we had real talent trees, we had 10 man only and 25 man only raids, we didn't have LFD or LFR or LFG we had guilds, we had friends, people had a better sense of how they acted because they knew it would get around and they wouldn't get invited to groups or guilds.

then we get Wrath it was pretty good, I was resistant at first but it did grow on me, I was in a pug group on the first night ICC opened and we cleared the first wing before anyone else on the server that was fun times. PVP got a little boost during wrath from wintergrasp.

Then thing went downhill from here Cata I don't think I need to go into that one MOP started to bring things back with a few good new ideas like the farm and the return of world bosses and all those wonderful rares we could farm every hour, now we have WOD which I think is nothing but a unfinished beta. I have no clue what happened there maybe too much of a focus put on overwatch, heathstone, and heros. but they dropped the ball and continue dropping the ball.

Customer service is worse then Dells, put a ticket in wait 3 days for computer response, ticket reply wait 2 more days til no help maybe on 3rd try you may get help or not. Phone support gone as well for billing issues, I remember putting a ticket in during BC and a few hours later a GM would Pm me and the issue would have been fixed right then and there, I guess days long gone

So what does this game need, I believe it needs a reset, not a complete one just reset back to Burning crusades maybe when Black temple released or ZA, and start over from there. let them spend time fixing the few issues in wrath maybe add a few new things make it a polished game, the sky would be the limit since they would have the frame work. that way they could leave the old talent trees, undo all the band aids from past mistakes..like druids did like healing in tree form, just using that as a example.

its not like blizzard will every read this, just wishful thinking but I truly hope they fix it soon.

love to hear others ideas

10+ Year Old Account
    No. For the love of god, no. Please, please, people, stop with the constant yammering for "the past". The past is gone! Classic is gone! TBC is gone! Wrath is gone! Cata is gone! MoP is gone (now)! Move on! Learn to live in the now! You don't spend your life in the real world moaning constantly about how much better the past was and you shouldn't in the virtual world, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    You don't spend your life in the real world moaning constantly about how much better the past was and you shouldn't in the virtual world, either.
    I'm pretty sure tons of people do do this in real life. Sure, it leads to nothing but sadness, but it definitely happens.

"In my day, we got candy for 50 cents and a sody pop for 60!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

No. For the love of god, no. Please, please, people, stop with the constant yammering for "the past". The past is gone! Classic is gone! TBC is gone! Wrath is gone! Cata is gone! MoP is gone (now)! Move on! Learn to live in the now! You don't spend your life in the real world moaning constantly about how much better the past was and you shouldn't in the virtual world, either.
    in general you are right. but if the now's wow is totally crap and lack of quality and content, than thats a WHOLE 'nother story !

Quote Originally Posted by beadyeyes View Post
    So what does this game need, I believe it needs a reset, not a complete one just reset back to Burning crusades maybe when Black temple released or ZA, and start over from there.
    If they did that the community would react with one giant "WTF WHERE IS THE CONTENT WHY IS EVERYTHING SO EASY!!??".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

you missed my point entirely, at what point is the break point of anything, everything has one. they have stripped so many good things away and added band aides everywhere.

and in the real world we do have resets in business all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    I'm pretty sure tons of people do do this in real life. Sure, it leads to nothing but sadness, but it definitely happens.

"In my day, we got candy for 50 cents and a sody pop for 60!"
    That's my whole point. Nostalgia. Everyone has it and it isn't a negative thing until it causes what we see today - people who do nothing but spend their time comparing everything about WoW now to what it was 10 years ago and saying "oh, it was perfect back then and it's crap now"

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    in general you are right. but if the now's wow is totally crap and lack of quality and content, than thats a WHOLE 'nother story !
    That's subjective, and you may feel that way about it. Nothing can really expect or hold out for universal popularity. Objectively, though, the game is never, ever going to return to classic.

you missed my point entirely, at what point is the break point of anything, everything has one. they have stripped so many good things away and added band aides everywhere.
    The level of subscribers begs to differ.

and in the real world we do have resets in business all the time
    No one turns back the clock a decade and says "good idea".

A reset won't fix what ails ya... I loved TBC too but I'd rather gouge out my eyeballs than go do the Netherwing dailies all over again.

It will probably take another 10 or more years for the Devs to get to the final expansion of WoW.

In the meantime and at some point in the next 5 years, I'd like to see a WoW 2, perhaps have it set 1000 years in the future where Azeroth is completely unrecognizable from what it is today.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    At least 50% of the time, I pump my gas, I complain about how expensive it was, and how much better it was when I was a teenager. Sometimes... somethings... were just better back in the day lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

You alright brosef? You seem a little irritated and that worries me because I like most of what you have to say. I think you see toxic posts too much because this guys is pretty mild. Also it's not good business to get upset with a poster who just joined.

To OP: I'm sure you liked a lotta old stuff as much as many other posters here do. I mean this is a fansite after all so many posters have played for years and fantasized where it would go next. However each and every time we get disappointed and the game keeps going in a direction which doesn't appeal to most people who played waaay back then. I'd actually suggest trying another mmorpg or something more "private" (wink wink) if you wanna play games in the style of old WoW because as much as we wish, the game will never be like how it used to be. Especially since current WoW is nothing like Vanilla WoW.
    Last edited by Hardkorr; 2015-03-25 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

it really isn't nostalgia, its fact that a lot of us actually had fun and want to have fun again. if not a reset would you agree that the Dev need to reset their thinking on the direction of this game because it is clearly going in the wrong direction.

I am not trying to cause a fuss or argument just a open discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    You guys remember playing wow in 05, maybe taking a break here and their. Pretty much playing wow for 8 solid years +, then you come on the forum, and some guy wants to wipe all of that out with a reset. Yeah me neither.

Hell fucking No.

- - - Updated - - -

I've by the way, asked about 10 Friends in WoW - if they had to start all over again, everyone - clean slate, no achieves, mounts, whatever the hell people have that they like - "Would you continue playing WoW" Two Guesses Minus One WHAT THEY ALL SAID, every single person would quit wow and never look back. People play this game because of what they've done in the past. Nobodys going to come back and do it all again for 0 reasons at all. This isn't a fps, this isn't mario cart, this is a progression MMO, you're not going to keep even 50,000 subs at that point, Blizz may as well shut down WoW.
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2015-03-25 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    If wow is so shit then why do people spend their money and continue to bitch about it? if the game is so fuckin terrible why have people just not cut their loses and moved on from wow?

Deleted
    We can't reset WoW back to '07 it would never work. The fan base would disappear and all you would have left is mmorpg fans, and we can't have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need a reset as much as we'd like for Blizzard to wake up, set a direction and stick with it for longer than an expansion. The problem right now is too damn many resets. Cataclysm was a reset. Mists was something of a reset but worked for me. Warlords, another reset.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Merlunie View Post
    If wow is so shit then why do people spend their money and continue to bitch about it? if the game is so fuckin terrible why have people just not cut their loses and moved on from wow?
    because many of them invested years in the game, have friends, have earned much or rare achievments and so on. if you play the game more than a "oh i try a few months that game everybody says its so great" jerk (i think you are such a type of player), byuing 2 shopmounts and think you are so cool, than all the things arent that easy peesy you try to sell us. that doesnt mean someone should stay longer in a game he dont like, but also that the alternatives out there are terrible too. your argumentation is just flat.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2015-03-25 at 03:48 AM.

This is might be the best expansion yet as far as progression raiding is concerned. Endgame PvE is 95% of my drive to play this game at all, so WoD has been a great success in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

If there's any kind of reset we need, it's a reset on our minds. I wish I could go back to the wonder and awe I felt during vanilla. Back when we didn't have so much knowledge about min/maxing. When it was "new". It isn't going to happen. Ever. WoW can't do it; no RPG can. The 'game' has changed. You'll never be telling your friends "I finally found an iron sword! I could totally pwn you." or "HOLY JESUS! This dragon named Emeriss or some shit is just wallowing around in Duskwood. Gimme 50 silver and I'll smack her."

We're all too comfortable with what an MMORPG with the scale of WoW is like and it's pretty much expected. Nostalgia is great, but that doesn't mean the past was better. It was just new and exciting and while new patches, expansions, ect... will be new and exciting, you'll never truly get that new car smell again. Unless you go play football that is. Go for the brain injury and maybe you'll get amnesia like on All My Circuits.

Deleted
    If you dont like the game in its current state, just dont play it. Iam fine with it as it is now (and yes, i have played for quite some time, vanilla,wotlk,cata,mop,wod). Many things have changed to the better end since vanilla. SO much use-ability which was so lackluster in Vanilla. Raidbuffs, Flying, Groupfinding, Dungeon Id's, buff limitation... basicly an endless list of things that got better.

Looks like you are desperatly trying to find a reason to start playing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    A traveler discovered a new path they had never seen before. Curiosity overtakes the traveler as day breaks for the first of many times. The blinding sunrises, were they always so bright, so new? The horizon here changes so quickly on this path for some reason the traveler doesn't understand. Forest to prairie to mountains with valleys and yet the people here change quicker. The path has its dangers yes, but maybe that is what drives the traveler now. A tomboy looking for a fight perhaps? Before the traveler knew it, the fights did come. The traveler stops to take a breath on a mountain top. Before long the traveler continues again but something is wrong, is this the right path? That must be it, the traveler must have simply lost the path. Looking back the traveler sees all but recognizes none. The traveler must find the path again for there are things the must be done. Tried a few trails, the traveler had some luck but they were not that path from before. Where did it go?