How many guild members does it take?

I cant seem to find the answer to this question anywhere!

What percentage of guild members do I need to have in a raid to qualify it as a guild run? (normal, heroic)

It seems if I have "just" 10 I need 8 guild members to make it a guild run, but what if I go over 10 people in the raid?

What if it is 11 in the raid, or 12, is 8 guild members then still sufficient to make it a guild run?
    Where is the breaking point to when it is no longer a guild run and I need another guild member to acquire another pug?

Thanks for any information on this!

Blupurrs

I would say about 80%

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    I would say about 80%
    Yes, I understand at 10 on a team, 8 need to be guildies thus = 80%.

My question is when it falls beyond that to 11, 12, 13 and beyond. (8.8, 9.6 & 10.4)

I need 9 guild members for 11 in the raid, 10 guild members for 12 in the raid and again 10 guild members for 13 in the raid?

I round up? I round down?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.percentagecalculator.net/

19-15
    18-15
    17-14
    16-13
    15-12
    14-11
    13-10
    12-10
    11-9
    10-8

Would've been faster in an .xls with one simple formula. All numbers in WoW are rounded to the nearest whole number <x.5 or >x.5.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2015-04-06 at 03:02 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Thank you so much for your help!

I'm not sure if it's fixed now, but at the start of the expansion they just kinda didn't bother with scaling at all. In normal/heroic you could get a guild run with 8/10 which is what you'd expect, the standard 80%. However, it just didn't scale at all, you could get the guild achievement with 8/30. I'm going to assume this has since been fixed though so you should shoot for the 80% mark.