Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Darkmoon race frustration

I am an achievement hunter, I really really like to see those toasts pop up. But these achievements... I haven't been this mad in ages at a game.

This race is so buggy and the timer for gold is so, so tight. (Trying to do big rage gold atm)

- Blink powerups not working all the time.
    - Rocket powerups not spawning in time (bad RNG, a LOT of the time)
    - Rockets blasting you in the wrong direction.
    - Getting hit by slowy wires when clearly jumping over them/avoiding them.
    - Getting stuck on a pebble/terrain/tree stump after a jump/spring powerup.

On top of that, random disconnects when landing after a jump.

Already been trying this one achievement for over 2 hours. Just hoping for that one golden run so I don't have to bother with that shit EVER AGAIN. :''''(

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this frustration.

It was really frustrating for me, until I switched to the non-solo version and one shot it. Highly recommend it for the strider.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCQX...ature=youtu.be

i couldnt understand why that 2nd option is "non solo". What exactly do you need a friend to do??
    and btw this whole race thing is frustrating, as were the new day of the dead achiev and the new love is in the air achiev.

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i couldnt understand why that 2nd option is "non solo". What exactly do you need a friend to do??
    and btw this whole race thing is frustrating, as were the new day of the dead achiev and the new love is in the air achiev.
    They stand on the cliff and you use your #3, the hook, to pull yourself to them, skipping the RNG/zepps.

I tried this new race today before I had to go off to work.

I was running it fine and spamming the "1" ability as I normally do in the other race, and as I was going up the mountain, I guess my "1" ability caught the wrong gate and warped me right through the mountain - and immediately Dc'd me. When I came back online I was in the ring of the pet battlers still on my mount. I got off the mount and decided to do the 2 pet battles. When I finished those, and mind you now im just running around the main fair ground on foot, I noticed that there were zeps chasing me down and all of the race objects were still spawning for me and useable. It was pretty friggin' hilarious. I guess it's buggy still or something. I logged off that way, I hope when I get home it's still bugged out but I doubt it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I tried this new race today before I had to go off to work.

I was running it fine and spamming the "1" ability as I normally do in the other race, and as I was going up the mountain, I guess my "1" ability caught the wrong gate and warped me right through the mountain - and immediately Dc'd me. When I came back online I was in the ring of the pet battlers still on my mount. I got off the mount and decided to do the 2 pet battles. When I finished those, and mind you now im just running around the main fair ground on foot, I noticed that there were zeps chasing me down and all of the race objects were still spawning for me and useable. It was pretty friggin' hilarious. I guess it's buggy still or something. I logged off that way, I hope when I get home it's still bugged out but I doubt it.
    Yeah I've had similar experiences. When you land in a 'wrong' way you'll get disconnected. If that happens you'll be near the pet battle npcs when you log back in.

I don't believe the 2 man version works anymore. I've had 10 unsuccessful tries and they're standing exactly where the 2nd man should stand. Even with me mashing 3. Half the spells and buffs don't work and they made this shit on a stupidily tight time.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Already been trying this one achievement for over 2 hours. Just hoping for that one golden run so I don't have to bother with that shit EVER AGAIN. :''''(

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this frustration.
    You do know in order to get all the toys you have to do the 6 (believe that's how many) different races? With each month rotating. Since each type has it's own race. So if you only want it once then you are clear, but if you want them all then you're in for a rough ride.

I didn't notice any bugs or weirdness when doing it. TBH it's kind of easy once you know the fastest route (watch a video beforehand! There is a "shortcut" you should take. Shortly after the water excursion after you're in the woods again there's a slightly hidden speed buff thing near a tree and after you take that one you take a right, ignore pretty much all the rest of the "regular" track and just race straight to the finishing line while only taking nearby speed buffs). Using your jump ability on cooldown is still necessary. Took me maybe 3 attempts after watching a video to get the achievement for the fastest time.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2015-04-05 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaurenNinja View Post
    I didn't notice any bugs or weirdness when doing it. TBH it's kind of easy once you know the fastest route (watch a video beforehand! There is a "shortcut" you should take. Shortly after the water excursion after you're in the woods again there's a slightly hidden speed buff thing near a tree and after you take that one you take a right, ignore pretty much all the rest of the "regular" track and just race straight to the finishing line while taking nearby speed buffs). Using your jump ability on cooldown is still necessary. Took me maybe 3 attempts after watching a video to get the achievement for the fastest time.
    the new one is easy, but the racing strider is a nightmare. I tried 50 times already and no go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I don't believe the 2 man version works anymore. I've had 10 unsuccessful tries and they're standing exactly where the 2nd man should stand. Even with me mashing 3. Half the spells and buffs don't work and they made this shit on a stupidily tight time.
    Make sure the person has the quest, is on the mount, and has started the race. It still works, just helped 2 others complete it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do know in order to get all the toys you have to do the 6 (believe that's how many) different races? With each month rotating. Since each type has it's own race. So if you only want it once then you are clear, but if you want them all then you're in for a rough ride.
    There are only 2 races(The Real Race, and The Real Big Race), and 4 mounts(Wanderluster, Powermonger, Rocketeer, Strider). Both races stay, as well as all mounts. There is no rotating, just additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    There are only 2 races(The Real Race, and The Real Big Race), and 4 mounts(Wanderluster, Powermonger, Rocketeer, Strider). Both races stay, as well as all mounts. There is no rotating, just additions.
    Yeah, but you still have to do each one to unlock all the achievements. Each one has what 3 or 4 tiers of achievements and the final with the toy

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Make sure the person has the quest, is on the mount, and has started the race. It still works, just helped 2 others complete it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, had her on the mount, with the quest and race started. Had her come around to the spot on the cliff and spammed the hell out of 3, with and without her targetted. When I gave up on that, I even had her come down, stand in front of me and it still didn't work.

I eventually got the gold achievement flying solo but this buggy shit annoys me the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Yes, but every mount is different and the strider is very painful to do. Plus it will get increasingly easier every month because there will be more powerups.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Yeah, had her on the mount, with the quest and race started. Had her come around to the spot on the cliff and spammed the hell out of 3, with and without her targetted. When I gave up on that, I even had her come down, stand in front of me and it still didn't work.

I eventually got the gold achievement flying solo but this buggy shit annoys me the most.
    The other person has to be on the quest for the big race as well. Just being on the strider doesn't work.
    Last edited by mmoc91ede30817; 2015-04-06 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer12a View Post
    Yes, but every mount is different and the strider is very painful to do. Plus it will get increasingly easier every month because there will be more powerups.
    Are you referring to the Racing Strider? Or the rocketeer strider? The Rocketeer I'm doing on the smaller race and getting it at the 12 mark like I did last month with Racing Strider, but Racing Strider wasn't too bad last month so it should be "easier" this month. Haven't tried it though.

After trying a few different tactics, I found this tactic a pretty good basis to go by if you wish to attempt it solo. Changed a few small things here and there to cut down a little more time/skip some RNG but it was a good start. To give a couple of examples: going on the left side of the big tree -> jump to gate to skip the zeppelins around 0:45-0:48 on the video or using the jump to gate after the final post to skip the root section (where the uploader gets stuck for a bit) and then using the grab to get the speed boost around 1:30-1:37. Took me a few tries to memorize the strat but after that it was just "less than a second too late" -runs again and again until I got a bit lucky.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Yea the racing can be frustrating but with practice it can be done

I personally like the new mount for racing

I got all the new ones withing 5 tries each, except the Strider for the big race. Took awhile and no luck by myself, and finally got a buddy to help and got it within 5 tries.

It's not that bad at all.

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9...-race-leadfoot This achievement brought me to 20,000.

(http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9...g-race-roadhog this being my 20,005 point)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vement#summary
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2015-04-06 at 02:16 AM.

well look at it this way getting this achievement is an actual achievement and not the normal "here's your award for showing up" most are nowadays.

It took me over a hundred-and-fifty tokens trying by myself before I finally roped my sister into helping me get the big race strider achievement. I rage quit the game at one point and went to take a drive afterwards.

To add to OPs complaints:
    - Jumping to a gate and hitting a rocket (going straight up), a spring (going nowhere), or a blink (going backwards) on the way.
    - Jumping to a gate and having the game randomly decide the gate you wanted was the one behind you (including the start gate).
    - Hitting/missing a power up that was dragged out of position by some other person in the race.
    - Running through power ups without triggering them.
    - Standing nowhere near a power up and triggering it anyway.

This is one of those achievements I suspect worked a whole lot better in private testing plugged right into the servers. Add even a modicum of lag/people and it turns into a nightmare.