Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    whats the ideal boss order for doing boats on 3 boats? soraka first or marak first? and why the specific order, or is it more like preference on each group?

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    whats the ideal boss order for doing boats on 3 boats? soraka first or marak first? and why the specific order, or is it more like preference on each group?
    We do Sorka -> Marak -> Garan. Marak going up is the hardest part of the fight with this strat, just make sure you have immunities down below who can drop the penetrating shot easily. If somebody unable to drop gets the shot, just have a Paladin BoP them. After the second boat, we burn all 3 bosses to around 20% then we spend a good 1-2 minutes sitting on our hands doing mechanics. After that, it's just a simple lust and burn as the third boat group goes up. Garan comes back, both the other bosses are dead, we kill a few turrets then focus the boss. Easy game, easy life.

Here's a video of our kill, if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    Sorka going second will give you a good break with Convulsive Shadows, which is a benefit over sending her first. Marak's 3 axes rarely go off and are extremely easy to handle even if they do, by contrast.

However, if you have the CD's to deal with all of the Convulsive Shadows, then it doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    For the 3rd boat, a resto shaman is much better than any other healer due to their double spirit link, ascendance, healing tide and their mastery being extremely powerful in that situation. Spread properly and organise a position for everyone before you go up.

Once we got that boat sorted, the fight became trivial at < 20%.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...3&end=10758369

I haven't seen a kill of theirs where she died in less than 35 seconds

I looked at their 2 most recent kills.

We have a weird thing happening. Sunday when we did this encounter, when we pushed sub 20% we had no volatile orbs up if we watch our stream, and yesterday we pushed and everybody was taking massive pulsive damage from orbs that were still up.

Now, why suddenly we have those and we didn't have them the prior raid is a mystery, anyone knows why?

Logs are private, but here you see damage taken under bloodlust on both nights.

Was the encounter bugged on the first one to have zero damage from orbs?

Neglect Sanguine strikes on first table, I died early (disc priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    We have a weird thing happening. Sunday when we did this encounter, when we pushed sub 20% we had no volatile orbs up if we watch our stream, and yesterday we pushed and everybody was taking massive pulsive damage from orbs that were still up.

Now, why suddenly we have those and we didn't have them the prior raid is a mystery, anyone knows why?

Logs are private, but here you see damage taken under bloodlust on both nights.

Was the encounter bugged on the first one to have zero damage from orbs?

Neglect Sanguine strikes on first table, I died early (disc priest)
    Orbs dissappear everytime you clear a ship. Two options:
    Did you push at the same time both kills, or did you do 3-boat on first kill (thus despawning orbs as you pushed marak sub-20%) and not now?

Other option is that Marak threw a bloodsoaked heartseeker after the boat went up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    Do you need a high amount of overall raid dps to push maidens before third boat? We tried the three boat strat but Sorka boat made us go back to doing the two boat strat. Now I have doubts of being able to push maidens before the third boat starts. These are our logs from some of our attempts. Any help would be appreciated.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/GbKRhCvrxNWcH3q9
    We did the two boat strategy and got our first kill tonight. Phasing the boss seemed like the least of our worries. Most wipes were to turrets, believe it or not.

Just a note that could help, we struggled a bit below 20% mostly because we only had absorb healers while the 3rd boat was going on. We decided to try with a 5th healer and one shot it. Since dps is not an issue at all with this strat, 5 heals is totally viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Just a note that could help, we struggled a bit below 20% mostly because we only had absorb healers while the 3rd boat was going on. We decided to try with a 5th healer and one shot it. Since dps is not an issue at all with this strat, 5 heals is totally viable.
    If you put enough absorbs on the tank, your raid takes 0 sanguine strike damage so the fight is 100% trivialized even with "only" absorb healers.

Deleted
    anyone knows if stacking in a corner in p2 with 3 Boat Strat is a Thing, to kill marak/Sorka as quickly as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Corius View Post
    anyone knows if stacking in a corner in p2 with 3 Boat Strat is a Thing, to kill marak/Sorka as quickly as possible?

You're going to have to clarify what you mean. You don't want to stand still during the bomb phase, no. After the bomb phase (and all 3 are down) it's pretty much a FFA with bops going on the penetrates that can't somehow negate them. Sorka's blade dash is still deadly as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You're going to have to clarify what you mean. You don't want to stand still during the bomb phase, no. After the bomb phase (and all 3 are down) it's pretty much a FFA with bops going on the penetrates that can't somehow negate them. Sorka's blade dash is still deadly as fuck.
    He means the save Spot in the top right corner of the arena. You can actually stand there and avoid all bomb damage and only have to move from rapid fire.

In all honesty, with half decent dps, you will bring marak down and sorka to <10% or also down. If u reach that phase with all 20 alive, its a matter of 2-3 trys to get the kill, i doubt its worth to perfect the corner strat.

Quote Originally Posted by gameorg View Post
    He means the save Spot in the top right corner of the arena. You can actually stand there and avoid all bomb damage and only have to move from rapid fire.

In all honesty, with half decent dps, you will bring marak down and sorka to <10% or also down. If u reach that phase with all 20 alive, its a matter of 2-3 trys to get the kill, i doubt its worth to perfect the corner strat.
    Never even knew this existed. But the bomb pattern has never been the difficult part of the encounter. If you're doing three boats, you should be able to kill at least one of the bosses w/ Lust and executes.

Quote Originally Posted by gameorg View Post

That thing was never reliable. There's a reason it never became common use despite a few vids using it; tanks would take bomb hits every so often spiking their health like crazy, and it still wouldn't give 100% uptime for melee whenever a bomb landed right there.

Deleted
    so guys we finally managed to kill them after another raid in 9:16min . (93 wipes in BigWigs with a lot of resets and fail pulls)

Since we changed our tactic a lot and played 2 vs 3 boat + different tanks for sub 20% I summarize the points which in my opinion helped us most:

Boats: 2
    DPS Order: Marak > Garan > Sorka
    Kill Order: Marak > Sorka > Garan

1. Boat (Marak):
    played this with 3 hunters + 2 melees (feral + warrior) + me as monk tank... but this was also easy with 3 melees ..should also work with 4 melees.. mostly we had this boat done with 30 seconds or more left. Hunters used their stampede here
    No real issues here..sometimes the voids on the ground visually disappeared but your still received the damage.. just always move here

2. Boat (Garan):
    Shaman Heal with CDs + Feral + Warrior + Rogue + Elemental Shaman + moonkin
    2 man interrupt rotation , moonk had a monk bubble and interrupted immediately the first cast and had to soak 2 cleaves alone since the others were slower and he used blink.

We also tried/played the Sorka boat BUT:
    You have to rely on your whole group here.. if someone miss a stun / root your healer need to outheal the incoming dmg (sometimes there are 2 adds hitting the same person)
    + when we played the sorka boat as second, our group down on the plattform had sometimes issues with rapid fire & bombs.. This 2 points led us to change after ~60 wipes the tactic to 2 boats and play the Admiral Garan phase on the Second boat. This helped us a lot and removed in my opionion a lot RNG stuff from the fight (dont know but it was easier to dodge the turrets than the bombs but the main issue were the sorka boat)

In the last phase we finally let me tank Marak and made a proper cooldown rotation (2x barrier first > Vigi > Pain Sub + own cooldowns ).. we killed marak in 32 seconds.

The main Issues here are in my opinion:
    - Marak Tank needs always some kind of absorb / mitigation otherwise your raid literally explode (our DK who tanked marak before didnt use any kind of addons)
    - Sorka Tank + Blade Dash Soaker need to survive until Marak is death (after it's easy to solo tank this)
    - keep a safe spot for blood ritual but the whole raid should stay spread in this phase
    - let every penetration shot target die (We got 3 hunters +3 priests)
    - try to save a battle rezz for either a healer or a Blade Dash soaker (Marak tank never should die)
    - kill the turrets until admiral is pretty low so you dont need to dodge 2 turrets simultaneously for a too long time
    - Every try we were ~7 min infight uppon reaching the 20% phase.. so let your dps save their 3 minutes cooldowns for this phase.

Generally:
    - everyone should watch their own absorb value (we used a weakaura here)
    - Chat Bubble Weakauras for every kind of shit (Penetrating, Dark Hunt, Blood Ritual , heartseeker, convulsive shadows)