Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i don't think not doing drugs or getting drunk is a religion

I was interested in a straight edge girl I met back at the beginning of the millennium but nothing ever came of it due to the fact that I am much more interested in Metal than punk and of course Metal has tons of alcohol and drug references in it so I couldn't ever be truly straight edge in her and her friends' eyes, whatever. I didn't do drugs and hadn't drank in over a year but I failed the music purity test, rofl.

There's nothing wrong with straight edge viewpoints and I don't mind the preachiness of some of its adherents but I won't stand for inferior music being lorded over my beloved Metal, no matter how cute the girl doing it is.

\m/

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    I was interested in a straight edge girl I met back at the beginning of the millennium but nothing ever came of it due to the fact that I am much more interested in Metal than punk and of course Metal has tons of alcohol and drug references in it so I couldn't ever be truly straight edge in her and her friends' eyes, whatever. I didn't do drugs and hadn't drank in over a year but I failed the music purity test, rofl.

There's nothing wrong with straight edge viewpoints and I don't mind the preachiness of some of its adherents but I won't stand for inferior music being lorded over my beloved Metal, no matter how cute the girl doing it is.

\m/
    heil metal

Folk metal great metal.

You will rarely find straight edge scene bros who are abstinent, I've never met one THAT self righteous.
    And I thought the straight edge trend died out like 4 years ago? Hardcore straight edge music scene bros are all doing vape and collecting vinyls now.

I've been straight edge for 10 years. Saying that people don't call themselves straight edge is ludicrous; just because you're not aware of a subculture doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Labeling myself straight edge came out of me listening to punk and hardcore music in high school, and as some people have posted, yes there is a large community of holier than thou straight edge people. Would I feel a need anymore to label myself straight edge? No, not really, but I'm still not going to drink or do drugs.
    Sig thanks to Eis!

FC: 4570-9037-7577 IGN Michael

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't drink, I don't do drugs, I'm trying to start driving again... But I think I may be addicted to PCs. Or luminous screens with information in the general sense. Never heard the term on the webs, and where I live, my life style is considered the "loser" life style. People here like to go to some dance clubs or something like that, or just bars, to drink and sometimes make bad decisions.

I don't think I'm "Straight Edge", but I do love my brain when I'm lord over my thoughts!

Edit: Oh, to be Straight Edge one must like punk music. Noooot me.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2015-04-07 at 02:50 AM.

I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or any of that other bullshit not to be "straight-edge" or some kind of punk, but simply because I don't want to. I get a little irritated with the people who try and hold it up as proof that they're a rebel or something; good for you for not destroying your body, do you want a fucking cookie or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Punk is actually dead at this point, i mean its way beyond the Punk is dead T-Shirts. That shit is finished. Straight edge didn't help. It's just too bad the straight edge scene died so long before 9/11 or they could have made excellent jihadists.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stormywaters View Post
    You will rarely find straight edge scene bros who are abstinent, I've never met one THAT self righteous.
    Huh? What does it have to do with being "self-righteous"?

i feel like the people that dont drink or smoke or whatever dont really do it to be a "rebel" but more just cuz they dont want to. ill start a riot though if you tell me that i cant jerk off into my sock though! jk.... i use a towel. or my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother was straight edged, he would go out every week-end but he would never drink or do any drugs and he didn't actually drank beer (which is rare for a belgian i'll tell you that considering he went to uni....) till he actually met someone and she sort of pushed him to at least drink one. Now he drinks a glass now and then that's about it.

He never flashed around this lifestyle or dressed any differently for it, or got that weird straight edged tatoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    My brother was straight edged, he would go out every week-end but he would never drink or do any drugs and he didn't actually drank beer (which is rare for a belgian i'll tell you that considering he went to uni....) till he actually met someone and she sort of pushed him to at least drink one. Now he drinks a glass now and then that's about it.

He never flashed around this lifestyle or dressed any differently for it, or got that weird straight edged tatoo.
    So he's not straight edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So he's not straight edge.
    Not anymore no, hence the "was". He's in his 30's now so he's well past that stage in his life.

Deleted
    Not met any 'straight-edgers' in the UK outside of Muslims.

Everyone I know drinks and will happily do NOS (nitrous oxide balloons) because its legal.

Most started smoking bud when they were 13 and were popping pills by the time they were 17.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Champxoxo View Post
    Not met any 'straight-edgers' in the UK outside of Muslims.

Everyone I know drinks and will happily do NOS (nitrous oxide balloons) because its legal.

Most started smoking bud when they were 13 and were popping pills by the time they were 17.
    Watchout with NOS, i had people die who did NOS with other drugs it's a lethal combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Straight Edge scene was HUGE when I was in high school (I am 36). At first I was of the "live and let live" mentality with the SE group. Throughout high school - the SE'ers became more and more violent. They began to raid parties with drinking and would beat up people drinking and/or having sex. They seemed to have a decent groundwork of morality - but that turned into extremism that (to me) completely undermined their message. Give me a mellow stoner any day over a SE'er.
    Last edited by Fluffernut; 2015-04-07 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I didn't know SE people were known for violence. That's some stupid ass shit right there.
    Weird Al - I never feed trolls and I don't read spam
    Galen Hallcyon - The internet has shown us that everyone is a fuckin' moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beery Swine View Post
    Wow, I didn't know SE people were known for violence. That's some stupid ass shit right there.
    It may not be widespread (back then anyway) but in the area of Maryland I was living in, you didn't mess with the SE crowd.

I don't drink or smoke or do drugs or anything like that, I didn't realize it actually had a name though.

I just don't do it because I don't like it and neither does my boyfriend. Don't really care what other people think. If I did then I'd probably would be the opposite of what I am now.

I don't consider it a "punk" or "hip" thing to do either. People who chose to do or not do anything in life just to impress others need to drop the act and get over themselves imo.

So the Punks have become Squares, and the Squares, Punk... they went so far that they've come full circle.