[Holy] Do we get worse as ilvl increases?

Not trying to rant or suggest that healing meters are a big deal. But does any other Holy Paladin feel like we get a little worse as we start the farm process? I was thinking we would be even better on meters as everyone gets gear thanks to our mastery; but I don't see that happening. Instead what I see happening is my casted heals being too slow to top people off and other healers that have more instant heals healing people before I can.

Does anyone else experience a similar situation?

Well as you addressed, healing meters don't really matter. Back in MOP I was almost always #1 healer in PuG's on my Alt Monk solely because of well timed Revival padding.

If you're farming content, the meters are even less relevant, especially if Healers are just having fun and padding.

Admittedly, I do find Holy is in a sad state right now. Holy Power seems pointless and out AoE is terrible. We're still very viable healers, just not so good at padding.

I am enjoying my holy pally, so much so that I'm probably sticking to it rather than Ret. I don't really agree with Dakara in them saying that our AOE heals sucks. They're not like a Holy Priests Circle of Healing, but they're definitely not as bad as others make it out to be. I do agree that holy power seems to be in a weird state right now, could probably do with a bit of fixing up IMO. Holy is VERY strong, and on farm you can probably gear to a nice mix of mastery/crit/haste to look better on the meters(but if you have a disc priest that's gonna be a bit harder to do as they just get better looking on the meters as the raid gets better at the encounter, takes less damage and gets more gear). Holy is very, very good, they just have the issue of easily being sniped on farm due to haste not being a majorly go-to stat for them.
    TL;DR holy is good, yes they seem to get worse with gear because your other healers also get more gear and can snipe your heals easier.

Deleted
    Once a disc priest in your raid hits around 680 and has two pieces of tier, you're REALLY going to feel it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you are raiding. If you are just doing HC and you have a disc in the group, you are never going to do THAT amazing. You can still "Rank" and shit if that is your thing, but it won't be the same as if you are doing mythic.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Also, if you're doing more challenging content and your guild's answer is to 'throw in another healer', Paladins arguably suffer more than other healers since they're just not that good at sniping heals. Oh, and movement fights will kill you. You'll find yourself twiddling your thumbs, OR feeling that you're doing REALLY well but for some reason the meter tells you you're not. It's a pain. Our niche is healing raids with less healers it seems.

I have just rerolled a month ago from resto shaman to holy paladin. Because holy paladins are always viable while you don't need to use a resto shaman in your mythic setup easily.

For me paladins are 2nd best healers in raid just behind discs of course. And in some fights you can use 2 holy paladins like mythic maidens for example for hop spam! And i guess BlackHand mythic will be as well a good 2 holy paladins setup fight.

I cant pad meters worth a damn, but still pretty high heals.

Eh, everybody's HPS will drop on farm eventually, especially as your disc gets more and more gear and people stop taking avoidable dmg. For example, it used to be common for me to be doing 70k+ hps on gruul no problem. A couple of weeks ago my guild got a top 10 execution ranking (meaning nobody took like any dmg), and all of our healers were stuck at barely doing 50k hps simply because no dmg went out.

By nature everybody's hps SHOULD get worse as farm becomes easier, unless you start to underheal more to min/max the raid. I wouldn't say paladins scale any worse though. I'd honestly say that Paladins scale the least as far as dereased performance goes on farm. Paladins are the best heal sniping and well timed Prisms will snipe a lot of healing from everybody else on farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawtqq View Post
    Paladins are the best heal sniping and well timed Prisms will snipe a lot of healing from everybody else on farm.
    Pretty much my experience too. Main resto druid, altaltalt holy paladin here. Resto is taking the D big time as execution becomes better. We got insane potential to turn mana into healing, but when it comes to picking up the healing crumbs that are left on farm kills we get outsniped hard. Obviously.
    You are on point with prism. The little aoe damage that's left on farm is sniped by prism and chain heal. The damage left after the quick reaction heals is either worth burning a raid CD for, or is so low it's adequately covered by shroom/rain/you name it.