[Resto] Please help me with my heals.

I have found lately that my healing has been terrible on my druid.
    I have been fortunate enough to have healers that can pull good numbers in my raids with me that we have been able to down bosses, but I still feel useless.
    Please if anyone can look at my items/logs and let me know where I am going wrong?

Problems that I know I have atm that I am working on:
    - Harmony Uptime
    - LB Uptime
    - Prehealing Dmg

Armory:
    us.battle[dot]net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Nahlinn/advanced
    Logs:
    warcraftlogs[dot]com/rankings/character/6597714/latest#boss=0

Thanks.

Deleted
    Just looking at Gruul [Heroic] you have too many healers for starters (so some overhealing cant be avoided), your normal kill is even worse, 4 healing a fight you could easily 2-heal and more than likely solo-heal

Missed ~4 Mushroom casts, 3 Ironbark, 5 Barkskin, 5 Natures Swiftness,
    Harmony is terrible 99.9% is easy on this fight (your sitting multiples times without it for 30-45s) Clearcasting use is also really bad [almost 40% uptime because your sitting on procs, 18 procs and you only use 10 of them], Using SOTF as talent and only proc it 3times in 5minutes, No regrowth use at all outside of procs, using DOC as a talent with 2 Spirit Proc trinkets

Sorting out Harmony & either dropping a healer or bringing more dps would prob get you 5-10k HPS depending on boss

But looking through some older logs [HM etc] you could "easily" be doing double the HPS you were with better spell use/mana control & not overhealing content to make it trivial [Heroic Butcher e.g. you 3 heal 10m @660 [24k w/ 690 ring] and I 4 healed 21m @664, [51k w/ 640 ring, Normal is the same 3 healing 11m @660 [23k] I 3 healed 19m @652 [45k]

Bumping for a second opinion

New to this and nowhere near a top healer, but here goes.

1) Harmony uptime is really low on all your kills. Properly using your OOC procs or SM casts, you should be hitting close to 100% uptime on it, which you're not doing well. For example, on Darmac you had 20 OOC procs but only 5 RG casts. 16 procs on Flame but only 6 casts. You're giving up a lot of extra HPS by not managing Harmony properly.

2) On a related note: you're probably using way too many RJs as well considering you run with 4 healers (odds are it's gonna get sniped by one of them). You're spamming RJ on the raid instead of doing things like cast RG, SM, etc to maintain Harmony uptime, which also explains why it's low.

3) On another related note - some fights you didn't even use NS at all. It's an instant cast buffed free heal, you should be using it as much as possible especially since it's a free Harmony refresh when you use it.

4) Tranquility usage is low. You used it once per fight, and didn't even use it at all on Flame during Firestorms. Try to use them early and as often as possible, unless you're specifically saving them for a certain point in the fight (in which case you plan your usage around these points - e.g. if you're planning to Tranq the 2nd Firestorm on Flame, you can easily pop Tranq within the first minute of the fight and it'll be up again in time). It might help to talk to your other healers about healing CD usage.

5) You also appear to have taken DoC, yet you're not casting anywhere near enough Wraths to take advantage of it. On H&F, I didn't see any Wrath casts, NV or HoTW used at all. On Darmac, you had 37 casts which is not a lot considering your raid was overhealing it. Either use more Wraths or drop it for NV or HoTW.

6) You took SOTF but you're not using SM to proc the buff enough. Obviously you shouldn't mindlessly use SM on CD since you want to save the buff for big raid damage, but 8 times on a 10 min fight (Darmac) is poor. Aim to have the SOTF buff up right before a big spike of AOE damage (e.g. Tantrum, Pin, Molten Torrent, Inferno Slices). Many of these spikes are predictable, so you can prepare for them accordingly.

7) Wild Mushroom usage is really low. You can typically maintain it 100% on the melee and tanks and it'll heal enough to be more than worth the mana cost. Uptime on Flamebender was alright, but on Darmac and H&F it was very low. Even on Gruul, you should be doing more. On a semi-recent kill, I had 8 casts in 3 minutes whereas you had 7 in 5 minutes.

8) Should probably drop Mark of Warsong for Mark of Shadowmoon. Spirit procs are a lot better than throughput ones IMO.

Distilling these into 3 main issues:

Uptimes (LB, Harmony, Wild Mushroom) have to be better. I'd suggest you download a WeakAuras to track these things. There's a thread about that going on right now in fact.

Cooldowns (Tranq, SOTF) and talents (DoC or whatever you plan to take that tier) need to be utilised better. If you want to heal well, you'll need to think and plan ahead to make full use of these. Playing reactively isn't good enough now, especially for a Druid.

Playstyle needs to be tweaked. Less RJ spam, more time spent using OOC procs, NS, SM, WG. RJ isn't the be-all-end-all of Druid healing (especially if you didn't take ToL or NV).
    Last edited by Dangerpaws; 2015-04-08 at 11:10 AM.