Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The 10 a month limit for buying with gold is really stupid imo. Thought it was only 10/month for people paying cash.
    Why the fuck would you need more than 10/month? o_0

So glad I split my purchases... Bought 3x at 30k, and now can buy the rest when it bottoms out.

My bet is that we're seeing a pendulum effect from the 10/account cap, and that the price will stabilize around 25k long term.

There was a huge demand over supply at the start (lots of people buying 10 for the month relative to people selling), but long term people won't be buying 10 at once, but will probably space it out.

I was hoping I could make some gold off the token, looks like i'll rather do it the other way around and get some game time for real cheap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they cracked down on RMT especially hard now, because now gold sellers are cutting into Blizzard's profits.
    Can just use the idiot defense of 'I thought buying gold was allowed now'.

Curious to what the listing price is currently and how close it tracks to the buy price. Can anyone answer? I can't find a tracker online for the gold the seller gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people here are forgetting that the average WoW player doesn't have tons of gold. 30k gold is a lot of gold to most players. The price will fall. I was surprised they released the token at 30k to be honest, thought it was too high. Also a month is $15, so regardless of the price of the token, the people who are paying the gold want to pay the equivalence of a month's game time in gold, not the dollar value of a token on the Blizzard store. The token will drop below 20k soon and then will jump back up a bit once people start buying again. I don't imagine it'll settle too far from the 20k mark.

I'm curious how high will the number of subscriptions grow for the next investor's earnings call
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I wonder what's making this go so low so fast. The drop is rather vertiginous.

At that point, I just wonder if people are still actually buying the tokens or if there's just nobody to buy them anymore and the price drops until people decide to buy it.

In any case, I believe it's fair to say that at that point, anything can happen. Let's wait and see.
    Because wow is full of agressive undercutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Curious to what the listing price is currently and how close it tracks to the buy price. Can anyone answer? I can't find a tracker online for the gold the seller gets.
    The prices are supposed to be same at any point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by powerstuck View Post
    Because wow is full of agressive undercutters.
    There is no undercutting possible here.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

The Elder-WoW-Internet-Council predict it was supposed to be 55k at the end of the day.
    (Another failed prediction)

Anyway, I bought 3 tokens at 31k ..... and I still have 800k on my account
    Umad ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    The Elder-WoW-Internet-Council predict it was supposed to be 55k at the end of the day.
    (Another failed prediction)

Anyway, I bought 3 tokens at 31k ..... and I still have 800k on my account
    Umad ?
    No, but I look forward to making gold from your lack of life. Please buy some more so I can profit.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    In states that weed is legal, sure you can get legal weed from a dispensary but they charge a hefty premium because of tax and the fact that it is legal and operating as a business.

Or, you could save yourself a couple dollars by going to a drug dealer, at the cost of it being illegal, and other risks associated with having to visit a drug dealer.

Are the chances of you getting arrested for visiting the drug dealer instead very high? Not at all. But there is a tiny, tiny risk. And many people are willing to pay the premium to eliminate that risk.

The same thing applies here. Sure you can get gold from RMT sites but is saving yourself $3 worth the risk of getting your account permanently banned? That's my weird analogy.
    Very true. There's also the fact that a lot of people want to buy gold but have no experience buying it from gold sellers. They don't know what the risks actually are, and are willing to pay a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    There is no undercutting possible here.
    Oh really ? So two guys spend $20 on a token, both are reselling their tokens. One is selling his for 30k the other one for 25k. It's called undercutting.

Oh really ? So two guys spend $20 on a token, both are reselling their tokens. One is selling his for 30k the other one for 25k. It's called undercutting.
    I giggled here. You have no idea how the system works. Go reread the FAQ on tokens. You cannot choose the gold price. It's selected automatically

Look at it this way (I'm sure this has been said before but 53 pages.... nope, not reading them all): $20 is about an hours worth of work for most of us. Personally, and not bragging just using figures, I earn the equivalent of $25 an hour, can I make 20-30k gold in an hours play? Possibly playing the AH and selling enchants around raid time each night but it's a complete ball ache. Or could I just work an extra hour, buy a token and get some easy money?

It obviously comes down to what you earn and what you're time is worth to you.

Not really undercutting. Actually, the 30k guy will get his gold before the 25k guy, as he put it up for sale before the 25k guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like you guys don't know the WoW AH.

The undercutters will screw up your prices

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    Look at it this way (I'm sure this has been said before but 53 pages.... nope, not reading them all): $20 is about an hours worth of work for most of us. Personally, and not bragging just using figures, I earn the equivalent of $25 an hour, can I make 20-30k gold in an hours play? Possibly playing the AH and selling enchants around raid time each night but it's a complete ball ache. Or could I just work an extra hour, buy a token and get some easy money?

It obviously comes down to what you earn and what you're time is worth to you.
    You earn 25$/h doing a job which is a job, can be hard or annoying but you do it to make a living. Game is supposed to be for fun not everyone would want to waste money on games just because one hour of work is worth 10 hours of game play gold gain. The hours spent on game is not a job that you may want to compensate using real world job hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    You earn 25$/h doing a job which is a job, can be hard or annoying but you do it to make a living. Game is supposed to be for fun not everyone would want to waste money on games just because one hour of work is worth 10 hours of game play gold gain. The hours spent on game is not a job that you may want to compensate using real world job hours.
    Which is why I think the demand to buy gold is so high. There are very few 'fun' ways of getting gold in WoW. So if $20 for 25k gold saves you 5 hours of 'work' in WoW, then it would be totally worth it.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi View Post
    Next 2-3 weeks will be interesting to watch with extra fireworks on weekends for sure.

I do not think EU price will differ much because West vs East EU = North vs South US plus really poor people play RU version anyway for half the price (they are close to RU anyway). Even here in PL average hourly rate will get your sub in 3 hours - that is still 10k/hour.

Also there is reason most predictions on these forums do not match - we here are minority, not casuals (even if you think you are one), we know how game works. Remember that most people are not like that but they have money so they don't care.
    yeah.. you have a point. remember not long ago there was this infographic that showed how many people killed certain bosses in even just LFR? yeah, it showed that big chunk of WoW population dont raid, not even LFR. if this wasnt shown to me i would swear everyone raid, i mean, all my friends raid all my guild mates raid... and raiding is the end game Blizz is giving us, so why not to assume everyone doing it at least to some degree(lfr)? its weird but yeah you right, we kind of minority and cant make predictions based on that.
    BETA CLUB