Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    It has been a bit of an adjustment to get to the 20 for mythics. Thankfully my 10 man heroic(mythic now) raid guild were good friends with another 10 man heroic guild so we merged for the 20. We have been jelling through this first tier and almost set for the 20 man. We recruited a couple more raiders the last couple weeks to fill in needed spots after not recruiting for years. Took a little trial and error and trade recruitment spam. If they are interested in moving into that next step give them a shot, if they have issues on a farm night then move on and keep trying. Helps to be on a larger pop server too.

We also have other activities, mumble is usually active and fun, help each other out with invasions and the like, Friday night mount boss farms, alt raids, etc. to provide a bit more incentive.
    Last edited by Milch; 2015-04-07 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    you can get full 685 with LFR
    Um, what???
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I think it is hilarious that people think that blizzard will release the Q1 sub numbers without manipulating the numbers. They never do that, they release some trumped up number that can be explained by some odd loophole. To blizzard the game is more robust than it has ever been, sub loses can be explained by burnout. Not the fact that their game is garbage and people are leaving by droves because they are tired of the way content is presented, gated and STILL exhausted.

The problem with recruiting is - there are a billion guilds. Any Tom, Dick or Harry thinks they need to be the leader of their own guild. WAY too many chiefs, not enough indians. You want a good guild? Stop trying to be the unique snowflake, go join an established guild. Beiing a minion is great, being a GM or Officer is tedious. Being a minion, I can contribute as much or as little as I want.

Minion for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    I think it is hilarious that people think that blizzard will release the Q1 sub numbers without manipulating the numbers. They never do that, they release some trumped up number that can be explained by some odd loophole.
    They release audited numbers that conform to the specific definition they use, a definition that doesn't change. To do otherwise would open them up to a world of legal hurt.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They release audited numbers that conform to the specific definition they use, a definition that doesn't change. To do otherwise would open them up to a world of legal hurt.
    No, no, you don't understand how logic works, my friend. You decide what answer you want, then you shape a conspiracy theory to support it.

Do you think that WoD is terrible because you are personally a fuck-up and can't get people in good guilds to put up with your shit? Clearly this is a problem with the guilds, because Blizzard changed things so guilds are no longer useful for raiding, which MUST have led to subscription drops.

So clearly when the numbers don't agree with your belief, the numbers are fake. Like the moon landing, and all those "science-heads" claiming that homeopathy doesn't really work. It totally does, sulk sulk, and all the sub numbers are totally fake.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Beiing a minion is great, being a GM or Officer is tedious. Being a minion, I can contribute as much or as little as I want.

Minion for life.
    However, you don't get to control who raids, who doesn't, who gets loot, who gets access to the guild bank, etc. A lot of players simply don't want to lose that kind of power and control and thus the continued proliferation of 10m guilds that can't seem to size up to 20.

I think the problem is everyone wants to recruit up, we are a 5/10 mythic guild, nothing too special but we regularly recruit people who are 8-10/10H so long as they have the right mindset and drive to complete the content as we do. Also retention has been and always will be an issue, for every 10 people you recruit, youre lucky if 4 of them stay and are capable enough to raid with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    There are so many people that have hard time recruiting people to their Guilds. I know a person who has 7/10 mythic and can't even get people to join the guild he is running. The guild I am in have hard time getting people too and we are about to start mythic. We have no merits to show other that '' hey we are a good guild'', but we really are. old raiders that came back to MoP release and tried to make an own Guild. Impossible..

One in the Guild have 5 friends who quit WoW because their guild disbanded and they just cannot find another Guild to join. The problem seem to be from both directions.. People can't get people to join but others can't get people to apply. I have played WoW since WOTLK and I've never really seen this problem before.

Why does it feel like the problem begun now in MoP? People in the Guild are even talking about leaving WoW because they just can't start to go mythic because of the roster that isn't filled.

The answer is simple. The group finder tool and cross server raiding. I am well into heroic pugging. My guild is only a few into normal together because we cannot get recruits. Why? What is their incentive to actually have to work with others to attain a goal when they can always find a group of players who are better than them in the group finder and only have to do an average job of doing more than take up space?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I think people are waking up to the fact that WoW is a 10 year old, raid-or-die, loot treadmill with little compelling content. There are plenty of other games out there with significantly better character advancement models that don't involve running the same raids every week for a year, that and they don't charge $15 a month to play.

Um, what???

I think he mean that you can get fully geared jumping from lf G group to lf G group until you finally find one that you can blend in with while barely eking out enough numbers not to get kicked and profit once the gear drops. Plus follower cache, and ah buys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    I think people are waking up to the fact that WoW is a 10 year old, raid-or-die, loot treadmill with little compelling content. There are plenty of other games out there with significantly better character advancement models that don't involve running the same raids every week for a year, that and they don't charge $15 a month to play.
    Why don't you name these great wow killers? Maybe after nine years of investment in this game I will just jump right in bed with another provider.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Why don't you name these great wow killers? Maybe after nine years of investment in this game I will just jump right in bed with another provider.
    The closest MMO right now is FF XIV:ARR, which is around 15% of the active time WoW is showing on February Raptr numbers. The March numbers from Raptr will be interesting, as will be the numbers when the FF expansion releases later this year. It's at least conceivable that if WoW continues to decline, and if FF bumps up with the expansion, that FF could overtake WoW in hours played among Raptr users.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2015-04-07 at 05:30 PM.

I unsubbed because i didn't feel like coming back home from a working day and wiping 30 times on a blackfuse-like boss with RL swearing every time and if you don't raid in wod there's simply nothing to do, back in mop while i didn't raid hc (mythic) because of rl i had fun capping all my alts to 90 and running lfr (and flex) to get some gear and see how to play other classes in a (semi)raid context, lfr in wod is instead incredibily boring and there's no real reason to run it also because of crap loot...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I think he mean that you can get fully geared jumping from lf G group to lf G group until you finally find one that you can blend in with while barely eking out enough numbers not to get kicked and profit once the gear drops. Plus follower cache, and ah buys.

- - - Updated - - -

WoD is the only "WoW killer" out there. What am I playing right now? Cities Skylines. Ori and the Blind. GW2 and the occasional shooter with buddies. For my money, they all beat AFKgarrison and raid-or-die loot treadmill. You don't have to stick with a shitty game just because you have some attachment to 9 years of the pixels.

Okay, bud. We get it. You made this exact post already in this thread. You hate WoW and totes love these other (as of yet unnamed games). We all saw your first post.

Care to name some of these games, and the ways in which they're not also loot treadmills? Every live MMO I'm aware of is some form of treadmill. Which ones are you referring to, specifically?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is hilarious that people think that blizzard will release the Q1 sub numbers without manipulating the numbers.
    I think it is hilarious that people still think ATVI is going to lie to investors and face SEC fines and prosecution. WoW is a game. The stock market is not. They're not fucking idiots.

ATVI is a fucking 17 billion dollar company. WoW sub numbers are important, but not that big of a deal. A drop would be a bummer, sure, but if you honestly think they care enough to "trump up" stats and basically commit fraud just to hide it you're delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

The closest MMO right now is FF XIV:ARR, which is around 15% of the active time...FF could overtake WoW in hours played among Raptr users.
    From 15% to overtaking? That's a pretty big climb.

I mean, sure. It's "conceivable." As in, it's possible I could imagine it happening but plausible? And in the near future? Long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to stick with a shitty game just because you have some attachment to 9 years of the pixels.
    In your mind, do you imagine yourself "liberating" people from the game with this nonsense? Like, "Oh, sir, thank you SO much. I didn't realize that I wasn't enjoying the game anymore until I read your post. I'm going to unsub today and get started on my first novel!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Sub numbers are plummeting. People want things other than raids to do. This expansion is burning people out in record time since it's Raid or Die.
    What was there to do in Wrath of the Lich King (when sub numbers were high) other than raid? How many of those things were incredibly popular activities? How many of those are not available to do in Warlords of Draenor?

I'm not arguing against you or in support of you. I'm trying trying to analyze if what you say is factually true.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Okay, bud. We get it. You made this exact post already in this thread. You hate WoW and totes love these other (as of yet unnamed games). We all saw your first post.

Care to name some of these games, and the ways in which they're not also loot treadmills? Every live MMO I'm aware of is some form of treadmill. Which ones are you referring to, specifically?

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is hilarious that people still think ATVI is going to lie to investors and face SEC fines and prosecution. WoW is a game. The stock market is not. They're not fucking idiots.

ATVI is a fucking 17 billion dollar company. WoW sub numbers are important, but not that big of a deal. A drop would be a bummer, sure, but if you honestly think they care enough to "trump up" stats and basically commit fraud just to hide it you're delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, sure. It's "conceivable." As in, it's possible I could imagine it happening but plausible? And in the near future? Long shot.

- - - Updated - - -

In your mind, do you imagine yourself "liberating" people from the game with this nonsense? Like, "Oh, sir, thank you SO much. I didn't realize that I wasn't enjoying the game anymore until I read your post. I'm going to unsub today and get started on my first novel!"
    Wow, you're awfully bitter, angry and rude.

Fortunately, there is a mute function in both mumble and vent. I use it liberally. And when asked why I didn't hear said asshat, I fully admit to muting them due to their asshattery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post

Not going to disagree with you on that.

Deleted
    Well i can't speak much about the PVE Side.
    But i tried to recruit to the PvP Guild we have from 2.2 up to 2.7k and it went good but now it's pretty slow again and i also notice a huge difference in queue times to both Random BG's and Rated BG's, it can go up to 15 mintues in Random BG's. in MOP it was at least always, ALWAYS MAX 1 MIN........

10+ Year Old Account
    Additionally, they told us to expect losses.