Blackhand Heroic help.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wmLPXv2FVJQxZb9R

This was a really, really messy night overall.

A lot of mistakes are obvious, getting hit by impales and such, but I'd like some advice, especially on balconies which seem to be very rough.

Is there any suggestions for what people to send up? Should we send up a healer for a longer period of time because it definitely feels like they aren't being cleared properly.

I'm well aware of the bad impaling throws/rough kiting at times, but any help there is obviously also welcome.

Basically hit me with whatever you can give us in terms of help because looking at this we need it badly.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2015-04-08 at 01:33 AM.

We got our first kill last night.

What made the difference for us was balconies balconies balconies! You HAVE to keep them under control better or the damage spirals out of control.

Just for comparison you did 2.5m damage to the soldiers on the balconies on your last pull. We did over 4m with a smaller raid group. We also don't send a healer up.

You can cheese it a little. At the end of p1 have the boomie / mages stand to the WEST and slowfall / flap you will land east. Just iceblock / spam heal yourself till the soldiers spawn (5/10 sec) and nuke them. You can jump down as two other people get smashed up and the balcony should be largely clear.

Basically you can't have people fuck up the smashes for a first kill attempt. You'll get overwhelmed. I'd go so far as to sending up extra as insurance. If everybody makes it then the 10 seconds lost on the boss isn't the end of the world. Getting overwhelmed by flying poop is.

Thank you, very helpful!

Still open to any other help and critique.

Something we also have trouble with is dealing with 2 impaling throws you don't have a siegemaker for.
    The player hit by these very regulary die, I assume this also because of balconies.

It's difficult to use the average survival % in deaths because of this as some players do die outside of their control because of the impale + balcony shitting on them.

Should we use a designated soaker for the stray impaling throws you don't have a siege for?
    Last edited by Woobels; 2015-04-08 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Should we use a designated soaker for the stray impaling throws you don't have a siege for?
    Common wisdom is to use the tanks. They have innate damage reduction, cooldowns and are getting more love from the healers. You can hand of protection the initial hit for them though they still take the DoT (it also prevents the knockback). they need to remove the hand of protection quickly though because a smash comes soon after and they need to taunt.

We also kill the 3rd siege with a 3rd set of impales (instead of dps'ing it after two impales) We figured the fire on the floor isn't a problem then since its just for a short time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks soak the third impale, handle balconies better, we send up our Boomkin who basically DoT's, Starfalls and jumps down and melee clean up. Also the explosive round from phase 2 balconies has a 6 yard splash damage so stay spread out.. DPS is a bit on the low side and idk if i am reading this right but your HP never used Devo Aura?

So a little more detail the way we do this fight... Tanks pull him over to beyond the middle for phase 2 that ensures the siege spawns on the opposite side of the room which allows for your kiter to pick it up and begin to kite, he kites it over bombs then first impale knocks armour off, kite over bombs and DPS gets some damage on it.. 2nd impale.. kill it.. third impale tank soaks the impale...rinse and repeat.. also follow his energy bar, tanks should be setting him up at 90 energy for the smash, stop moving point him in the direction you want to go and it leaves plenty of time for the melee to get in the smash to clear the balcony. We send a MW up to heal to ensure it gets cleared and MW's cant be targeted for MFD.

We kite Blackhand in a square pattern, bombs move bombs move, bombs move, tight square keeping the siege running over bombs and close enough for the impales to get to the siege. 90 energy stop moving get ready for smash, siege kiter can be creative here to prevent the siege from running over your raid..plenty of time to slow the kite. Under 40% we do the same thing as Deja.. ignore the siege just kite it and let all 3 impales hit it.. transition, position lust and kill
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Thanks, this is all very helpful.