Thread: Women's Sports.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't care for sports in general.

That being said, this thread is gonna erupt with people not understanding normal Bigzo and that he's just asking a question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, don't watch them, just don't care too. They just flat out are not as exciting as mens sports.

Deleted
    I watch women's handball, mostly because I used to play myself. As for why it isn't watch as much, my best guess would be that it either isn't as interesting (woman might not go as much into it? Or just not the same high level skill? Or maybe it is just misogyny and the patriarchy!!! <- that last one is a joke, please do not take serious), or that for a long time it was nonexistent and the market was already saturated, or maybe something completely different that we don't know.

It is actually quite a good question, with that excellent Bigzo charm to it

Not being into women's sports = hate filled.

More at 11

I hardly see the appeal in spectating sports to begin with, much less the second league. Every 2 years I hide in the masses during the world/euro cup, but that's about it and if it weren't for everyone else takling about it I would probably not even notice myself.

Deleted
    Gymnastics really...

That's about it.

I'm more into boxing which is something I train myself so naturally I watch men.

N-no homo of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have watched them in the past to ogle the women a bit, but then I quickly move on....I don't really enjoy watching any sport.

Deleted
    Volleyball is actually a great sport to watch
    Thanks to her holiness Katie Taylor women boxing is actually starting to look sharp.
    Then I'd say tennis and gymnastics...
    I don't find women sports in general as entertaining as men's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Gymnastics really...

That's about it.

I'm more into boxing which is something I train myself so naturally I watch men.

N-no homo of course.
    Yeah right heard that before
    All those fit muscly men in shorts.
    What weight you in?
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2015-04-08 at 07:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like women's soccer, women's beach volleyball, and women's hockey.

Oh and water polo.

Deleted
    I do not watch any womens sport as I have zero interest in any paralympic event.

Former pro female fighter. I did gymnastics and dance when I was younger. Played football and rugby in high school. Playing hockey now for fun, but I"m terrible.

Here's my thoughts on women's sports. I don't blame people for not watching or supporting them for the most part. They're substandard, in a lot of cases, with the exception of things like gymnastics and tennis, where there's a strong cultivation of talent. Other women's sports just don't have the talent pool to draw from to bring them anywhere near that of the skill level that men do, especially on the international level. I'm a terrible hockey player, but I could go over to central Europe and be the strongest skater on an Olympic team.

Furthermore, a lot of women's sports are diminished in terms of how they're played. A lot of sports are lessened in physicality, and diminished in skill requirements for rules. It cheapens the experience in my opinion.

What I think we need is for women's sports to get harder. They should be totally equal to men's sports in terms of how they're played. They should receive more serious funding at the school level, and encourage people to take it more seriously, and make it more about winning. The skill level will increase, the participation will increase, and pro sports for women will become more watchable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch gymnastics and...any Olympic event, but in terms of normal seasons, I still prefer the guys. more athletic and more competitive with some notable exceptions (like Ronda Rowsey, and that former Baylor super star in basketball)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Yeah right heard that before
    All those fit muscly men in shorts.
    What weight you in?
    Technically I'm a heavyweight now because I just finished bulking, but before I was classed as a light heavyweight

Currently 82kg/186cm

Will be dropping my weight to mid 70's now though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Technically I'm a heavyweight now because I just finished bulking, but before I was classed as a light heavyweight

Currently 82kg/186cm

Will be dropping my weight to mid 70's now though.
    Hey light heavy here too. Well... I WAS.
    I started again and there simply is NO WAY ON EARTH im getting below 85-88. I used to be 80kg sharp. Even got to 79.8 once
    Mid 70's that's quite a jump there. Nice one.

Deleted
    I only watch womens sports during the olympics.

I watch sports only during major events... world cup, maybe olympics. And then I don't care if the athletes are male or female (though I must admit that men's ice skating is pretty impressive but maybe that's because I enjoy seeing hot guys doing incredible acrobatic stunts^^).

In my home city football (or soccer for ye Americans) is a huge thing for girls and we have a lot of programmes to get them hooked up playing. It helps that your national team has won a lot of titles, though. So maybe (hopefully) even though football is still male dominated in Europe, we can see a shift in attention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Hey light heavy here too. Well... I WAS.
    I started again and there simply is NO WAY ON EARTH .getting below 85-88.
    Mid 70's that's quite a jump there. Nice one.
    Haha.

Truth be told I'm a new fish at heavyweight and can't wait to drop this weight to go back to my usual

But yeah it was a jump in weight I got a stretch mark on my inner quad due to it, it's small and silver so I'm pretty thankful for that.

Will be cutting/ maintaining in the 70's until next winter when I'll do another big bulk and hope to hit the 80's again.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably watch padded football and not lingerie football if padded football had ANY competitiveness that lingerie football appears to have.

I'am planning to see the womens semi final in champions league in fact.
    Last edited by socjiuyon; 2015-04-08 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post

Thoughts?
    Thoughts? Well, yeah, good for you I guess? What were you trying to achieve? To display your chauvinism publicly? Why would that be particularly interesting?