tellmewhen cpu usage

Can some TMW users check their cpu usage on a hybrid character like a druid with bunch of groups and icons ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drozo View Post
    Can some TMW users check their cpu usage on a hybrid character like a druid with bunch of groups and icons ?
    It's gonna totally depend what the icons and groups *do*, not just how many exist. Things that react to events are much cheaper than things that run every frame, etc, blah blah.

Anyway, you have a reason for asking this question. What is it?

I do have around 30-40% cpu usage with my profile, i dont know if its normal.
    Last edited by Drozo; 2015-04-08 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drozo View Post
    I do have around 30-40% cpu usage with my profile, i dont know if its normal.
    Hrm. It's not clear what you profiled with, but that seems high. For comparison, using WA to track around 20-30 conditions, I see it contributing a much, much smaller proportion of CPU time spent in addons there, compared to my unit frames, etc.

Given only a proportion, though, I could speculate that you don't use many other addons, so maybe it is a higher percentage while being a lower absolute value?

Can you post some more detail (like: is this spikey or constant? what is the peak per-frame walltime consumption of TMW, and what are the total numbers in terms of walltime vs CPU time spent?)

130 addons, custom ui. I could give u my tmw profile so u can look over it if u dont mind. Around 60 icons in 20 grps of course all specs. Only tracking buffs and debuffs, i guess with an i5 4690k @ 4,8 ghz it doesnt really matter but i was just wondering.

http://i.imgur.com/K96k6pO.jpg
    Last edited by Drozo; 2015-04-08 at 08:21 PM.

Hrm. Looking at the next few candidates, it seems like maybe this is just reasonable use since most of the other addons are really super-low users of CPU time -- they just don't do much compared to TMW monitoring buffs and stuff. Anyway, thanks for the extra details. To me, it doesn't seem super-worrying, but now other folks have the details they need to compare there use to.

Yea thats what i thought so, its just using resources which are free anyways. Thanks!
    Last edited by Drozo; 2015-04-08 at 08:23 PM.

I'd recommend using this addon: Addons Cpu Usage.
    It'll give to you guys a solid comparison results due to its gathering pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    I'd recommend using this addon: Addons Cpu Usage.
    It'll give to you guys a solid comparison results due to its gathering pattern.
    FWIW, I would second that. This gives you, instead, actual numbers (like how many ms maximum it used) and they are much more valuable than a percentage of an unknown value. (eg: could be 1 second total CPU time in a minute, or 65 seconds, in your pictures.

That looks solid, ill check!!