Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Will Cordana betray us?

Cordana was newly introduced in WoD, so we don't know too much about her.

She has been there from the beginning, did a good job at protecting Khadgar and appeared very loyal so far.
    She grew kinda annoyed with him using the tools of Gul'dan and generally his "mooooar Powerrr!!!" acting.
    After Khad freed Garona from Gul'dan, she claims the orb of dominion and says she will destroy it.

What would happen if she did not destroy it? What it she - a little like Maived - turned from good warden to crazy warden. What if she feels she has to "stop" Khadgar and for that starts working with Gul'dan?

Maybe just in the moment we stole Garona from Gul'dan, maybe he stole Cordana from us?

Might be a far shot, yet until now people have been more busy with Khadgar's worrying lust for power. Might be Blizz is leading us on a wrong path...
    What are your thoughts?

Deleted
    Who or what is Gordana?

And Garona.. isnt that a Mexican beer?

Deleted
    I think shes too busy being Microsoft phone version of Siri

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the fact that she is like the only warden around khadgar, while he has support of all those mages, its safe to assume that her going berserk just to get killed 5 seconds later would be pretty idiotic. She also doesnt really have any reason. It would be more likely for jaina to fuck something up out of her paranoia.

Also her starting to work with gul'dan for "greater good" would imply that she is too dumb to dress herself.

She has no reason to betray us unless blizz goes for another oh she was MC'd BS

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare you?! Cordana will never betray us! Also, you can't really compare her to Maiev.

Edit: Ups, forgot the "never". :O

Maybe Khadgar, but not Cordana, imo. She looks to be pretty emotionally and psychologically stable, unlike Khadgar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpie View Post
    She has no reason to betray us unless blizz goes for another oh she was MC'd BS
    Well, might be she feels jealous about Khad toying with fel magic and become more powerful. Maybe she wanted to have power all the time herself. And now she might have an Orb of Dominion and just has to wait for the right moment...

I myself kinda liked Maievs gradual change from good warden of Illidan to REVEENGE queen and then turning against her own people afterwards.

Yes, generally I also don't think she is going to switch sides. But when she demanded that orb and said "I will destroy it" and rang a bell. Similar to how that human mage who received Kelthuzads ash made away with it after Naxx 1.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Here, let me take this mind-control orb away from you and not mention what I do with it!"

Nope, not suspicious in the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Spoilers ahead

Listened to some files. Looks like my prediction was not so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Fearodh View Post
    Spoilers ahead

Listened to some files. Looks like my prediction was not so bad
    This is correct. According to the sound files that were leaked with the announcement of 6.2, she does indeed betray us.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearodh View Post
    Maybe just in the moment we stole Garona from Gul'dan, maybe he stole Cordana from us?
    You know, when you put it this way, it makes perfect sense too. I know this was a guess before you heard the sound files, but still, Gul'dan has been constantly put as "always a step ahead of Khadgar and us", why would Garona be any different?

She still has the Orb, you can see her doing something with it in Khadgar's tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You know, when you put it this way, it makes perfect sense too. I know this was a guess before you heard the sound files, but still, Gul'dan has been constantly put as "always a step ahead of Khadgar and us", why would Garona be any different?
    Sadly, in this case Khadgar gave Gul'dan the fuel to corrupt her. Remember when he basically tortures Garona in his furor to cleanse her? Well Cordana pointed it out, and despite the fact Garona is actually grateful (it was only torture due to Gul'dan's control). I'm surprised Cordana isn't intelligent enough to know that it was hardly going to be pleasant to undo Gul'dans control. But hey ho.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Finish the 6.1 legendary quest line. Seriously, just do it. It's straight-up obvious how she got mind-controlled. Like, they almost literally tell you that it's coming.

Her "betrayal" will be about the same and grabbing someone hand and hitting the person sitting next to them with it. She's not guilty.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

.....That suck >_<
    (I hope we mange to saved her instead of killing her like usual....)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be seriously disappointed if she betrays us only to be killed off a few minutes later in a quest. There's really no reason for her to betray Khadgar at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox View Post
    I'll be seriously disappointed if she betrays us only to be killed off a few minutes later in a quest. There's really no reason for her to betray Khadgar at this point.
    Mind control, same way Gul'dan control Garona.
    Actually, I won't get surprise if Garona was bait to control someone from inside with Orb of Dominion

Quote Originally Posted by greeeed View Post
    .....That suck >_<
    (I hope we mange to saved her instead of killing her like usual....)
    I'm sure we will kill her, shes not important enough to Blizzard to save. She is a night elf after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little disappointed that it seems like she's gonna go batshit and get killed... I was kind of hoping they'd work her up eventually to become the next Maiev. But instead it seems all Night Elf Wardens of any importance go off the deep end. *sigh*