Deleted

Preparation for Mythic BRF (Oregorger and more)

Hey there everyone.
    Im GM and Raidleader for a casual raiding guild, starting mythic raiding on Sunday. Since we been lacking people for quite some time, we will not have full mains in the raid Sunday. We decided to go for Oregor 1st since we been practising the route on heroic for quite some time, and find it really easy.
    We have been using this route ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGEPPf6qAE ), and are doing it flawless on heroic, so i was wondering if this is good and effective for Mythic aswell ?

Thanks alot
    Last edited by mmocbdb6434d96; 2015-04-09 at 05:11 AM. Reason: other problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the tactic we use, but there's no reason that it won't work equally as well on Mythic. The only difference in the roll phase is the waves of fire, but if you're all grouped up, it's nothing that some extra healing won't overcome if it gets in your way. Apart from that, you can kill the same boxes in the same order and expect Ore to roll in the exact same pattern you've become accustomed to.

The other major difference is you'll have to interrupt 5 boss casts now - up from 3 - and really can't afford to miss (m)any of those.

Deleted
    The problem like Axxym said is that the fire placement can take a shit all over that plan (It's RNG).

The main thing really... is understanding that he's easy as hell to avoid around the central pillar. We just use that as a safe stacking zone & generally people just understand his movements.
    If your DPS understand his movements and can say to themselves. Well, he's going to take at least 2 rolls if not 3-6 rolls before he's at my position. Then I'm safe.

Just know what the minimum number of rolls to your position are. If the answer is one, get the hell out or be ready to use an immunity like deterence. We've also always tranq'd / tided / revivaled etc in the roll phase. You'd only need them in the regular phase if a lot of interrupts were missed.

If you can make a mental map such as this based on the bosses positioning. You don't need overly complicated strategies like in the video. Just always be aware of the Minimum number of rolls to your position. There are always always always exactly 2 "green zones" where it will take more than 2 rolls to reach you.

One is ALWAYS in the middle
    One is ALWAYS an outer lane

Blue = 50% chance of RIPepperonis
    Orange = 25% chance of RIP (0% chance on first roll)
    Green = 0% chance of RIP within the first 2 rolls.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-04-09 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    I found this today on the internet . Perfect phase 2 guide its called > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_N7grPEMRI / http://i.imgur.com/7zebDmv.png .
    What would you recommend for phase 2 ? Using this "perfect phase 2 guide" or stick to a more Free for all phase 2, where ppl are centered around middle ? We are a casual raiding guild, and we got some ppl who need alot of trys to learn new stuff, so not really sure what we should do here. I like the perfect phase 2 guide, and its really easy and simple to understand. But for our guild it will most likely take alot of wipes for ppl to learn it.

- - - Updated - - -

And thanks alot for your help spinandwin and Axxym.. Much appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    I found this today on the internet . Perfect phase 2 guide its called > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_N7grPEMRI / http://i.imgur.com/7zebDmv.png .
    What would you recommend for phase 2 ? Using this "perfect phase 2 guide" or stick to a more Free for all phase 2, where ppl are centered around middle ? We are a casual raiding guild, and we got some ppl who need alot of trys to learn new stuff, so not really sure what we should do here. I like the perfect phase 2 guide, and its really easy and simple to understand. But for our guild it will most likely take alot of wipes for ppl to learn it.

- - - Updated - - -

If it were me I'd have the more competent players go on the outside or those with strong physical immunities like bubble/Deterence/Dark Bargain/Die by the sword (roll can be parried) & more.

I dunno it depends. If you've gotten very used to your current movements then maybe stick with them but just be aware of the fire and bad RNG. One tip I'd give would be fire never ever goes or spawns in the outer lanes. So if you get very large chains you can call an outer lane to run too. And obviously use the bosses current position to determine which is safe.

But for us. Sticking around the middle and popping healing CD's/Tonics in roll phase worked. People around the edges just need to watch their own health and come back to mid for heals. The rate that the raid loses HP is very slow and predictable there's a lot of time.

Also that video. At 0:04 what happens if the lower Oregorger goes the other way? RIP. The best outer lane to start on is the bottom one (the one I marked green in the pic already). After that people just need to be smart. Again I just think it's overcomplicating "left or right".

Also have you considered Gruul as a first boss?
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-04-09 at 08:27 AM.

Also that video. At 0:04 what happens if the lower Oregorger goes the other way? RIP. The best outer lane to start on is the bottom one (the one I marked green in the pic already). After that people just need to be smart. Again I just think it's overcomplicating "left or right".
    If Crate 1 is killed before the second roll he will always go left not right.

That 'perfect' phase 2 is going to get you fire every phase though, using the strat OP linked and has been learning it's quite possible to not get fire the first time you do Phase 2, which is quite helpful.

Deleted
    Allright. Might aswell just stick to the normal way we handle phase 2, see if that works.. if not, we can always just change it up!
    Ye i thoght about Gruul, not sure if we got the people for it tho. I think the dps will be fine, but healing seems to be lacking . Currently we are using a few social both as healers and dps, and we might have to use those ppl for our mythic progress for the next few weeks until we get some more applys in.
    I will link my guild logs down under, feel free to tjek them out, and give some advices on what encounters would be easier for us compared to what healing/dps we got and thanks again for your help.

Logs for yestodays raid : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...xwmQ4z#fight=4

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

That's what we use and it really is simple. It all comes down to: 1. Ranged killing the first crate before the 2nd roll; 2. Outside (melee) group finishing their respective crates after roll 2, 5, 8; and 3. Ranged killing the last crate after roll 6.

The thing I like about it is that nobody is really in danger from rolls or fire if the crates are killed at the right time, lots of uptime on boss for RDPS during roll phase, and the roll phase ends right where you want to start again.

But like spinandwin said, if you've been doing it a certain way for some time now, it may not be worth trying another tactic.

Deleted
    Allright. Might aswell just stick to the normal way we handle phase 2, see if that works.. if not, we can always just change it up!
    Ye i thoght about Gruul, not sure if we got the people for it tho. I think the dps will be fine, but healing seems to be lacking . Currently we are using a few social both as healers and dps, and we might have to use those ppl for our mythic progress for the next few weeks until we get some more applys in.
    I will link my guild logs down under, feel free to tjek them out, and give some advices on what encounters would be easier for us compared to what healing/dps we got and thanks again for your help.

Logs for yestodays raid : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...xwmQ4z#fight=4

Gruul is easier to heal than Oregorger. It's really just a DPS check outside of the basic mechanics. I think with gear now it's probably the easiest first boss over Darmac/Oregorger/H&F. I think we had 8 wipes on Gruul on progress. And we're not good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    We also use the strat from that video/picture and it makes P2 really simple. If you execute it correctly (ie kill the boxes at the right times) he always rolls in the same pattern, so there are no "what if" scenarios. The only "difficult" part of the strat is just getting your ranged to kill the 1st box quickly enough, which is not at all hard, and then its even easier from there.

That said, its not a difficult fight and you can do it a lot of different ways, including just going YOLO and adjusting as he moves around. But if you can coordinate his movements so its always the same, then why wouldn't you? It might take a wipe or two to learn but that's about it, and then there's no randomness to it.

I like the perfect phase 2 guide, and its really easy and simple to understand. But for our guild it will most likely take alot of wipes for ppl to learn it.
    Last edited by oepuxuntom; 2015-04-10 at 04:10 AM.