Thread: Mythic Gruul

Deleted

Mythic Gruul

We are a casual raiding guild starting on Mythic Progress this Sunday. Currently doing my preparation for the firsts encounters in there. Ive noticed people are doing Gruul in different ways 2/3 Tanks, and 2/3 Groups and slices aswell. What do u guys find the easiest to do ? Currently we got a monk tank and a warrior tank, and we might be able to bring another monk tank (if needed). And im wondering if the dps/hps requirements is fine in our guild for Gruul aswell.. Any advise and help is much appereciated!

Logs from yestodays heroic Gruul kill > https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...xwmQ4z#fight=4

Thanks alot <3

With the nerf about a month back, you should use two soaking groups, and do 2 stacks on each group before switching to the other. The ideal number in each soaking group is around 7, more than that and you're actually increasing total damage you need to heal. The remaining 4 or so people can never soak (or be backups in case of any deaths). We use two tanks, never really saw much point in more than that. Tank 1 starts with the boss, tank 2 does the first three meteor slashes then taunts the boss, tank 1 does the next 3 meteor slashes, tank 2 tanks the boss while running in for slashes 7 and 8, then solo soaks slash 9.

Deleted
    We're killing it with 2 tanks and i honestly don't get the point of bringing a 3rd one, the warrior takes 3 slices, then the monk 4(to drop overwhelming blows stacks) and the warrior 2 again, the warrior just needs to shield block every slice+a cd/external for the 2nd and the 3rd and the monk can just monk every slice, rinse and repeat

For the group we use an immune group with mages and rogues (not sure exactly how it works) to reduce raid damage but mostly 2 groups which take 2 slices in a row each
    For the dps requirement some people in your guild will need to step up, the dps requirement is something around 37-38k per dps (remember the fight lasts up to 6 minutes so the numbers will be lower than on your heroic kill), for the healing requirements can't really tell from hc logs because you can only heal that much in hc, it's a quite heavy raid damage fight but your healers seem solid
    Also a lot of people in your raid get hit by overwhelming blows or overheading smash, keep in mind it's pretty much a one shot in mythic and you can't afford a single death to kill it
    It's definitely possible to kill it with your roster if your dps can improve
    Last edited by mmoc2bcd1f7e82; 2015-04-09 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    With your roster I would suggest 2 tanks 5 healeurs and 13 dps.
    The point of taking a 3rd tank is to avoid one of them dying on their 3rd slice if you mess up your external CDs. Your dps seems quite low so 2 tanks it is. You can also drop 1 healer to meet the dps requirement.

So do a raid warning macro before raid with every slice, every tanks and every CDs to get the RL focus on something else.
    Ex : slice 1 wartank shieldblock
    Slice 2 wartank + sacr
    Slice 3 wartank + PS then wartank keeps
    Slice 4 monktank solo cd
    Slice 5 monktank solo cd + barskin
    Slice 6 monktank zen meditation and keeps the boss
    ...etc

Tips :
    Remember you need to have 4 people taking the slice in addition to the tank (so five ppl) or gruul will slice right after, blizzard doesn t want tanks to solo slice in mm....
    The slice is PHYSICAL on the tank but MAGICAL on the raid (like acid torrent with oregorger), therefore auramastery and other shits like the dk void zone works.
    You can use a 3rd slicing group with 4 people with immunities in it to negate the slice damage. So that s a 7 / 4 / 7 (+2 tanks) raid. Mages with evanescence, hunts with DT, rogues...etc. It s better to use a 3rd grp imo than telling them to go ffa in the room.
    So that s 2 slices on the first 7 ppl grp then 1 on the immunity grp then 2 on the other 7 ppl grp....etc. With your tanks taking 3 slices and keeping gruul after their 3rd slice.

The smash (from p2 but also p1) does damage to all the raid everytime, so with the p2 heavy movement requirements you should keep your fox + tranq + hymn.... Etc for this phase.

And oyeah, tell people to dodge the fireballs (50k dmg +20 % dmg on slices for 10s, it stacks) the smashes (that s one shot) and not to be near the actual tank tanking gruul for overwhelming blows (/range 10)

You always can adjust the composition with +1 tanks or -1 healers.

Peace
    Last edited by mmocd906c32dbd; 2015-04-09 at 05:25 PM.

Deleted
    Rampage phase is still the same right ? No slices and so ? I wanna start sorting my angry assignments, so if any of u know how many slices we will get before phasing it would be nice

This is how we do it:

3 groups of 6, one (Group 2 below) is made of hunters + mages + healer who runs out for one slice that is immuned

Slice 1 - Group 1
    Slice 2 - Group 2
    Slice 3 - Group 3
    Slice 4 - Group 1 (has reset the dot by now)
    Slice 5 - Group 2
    Slice 6 - Group 3
    Slice 7 - Group 1
    Slice 8 - Group 2 - immuned
    Slice 9 - bubbletaunted by a holy / ret pally, no-one else gets hit by the slice

Rampage

Rinse & repeat

This way no-one in the raid ever goes to 2 stacks and no-one has the dot ticking in Rampage phase which makes healing very easy. It's not required as with gear this is an easy boss but if you want to do it the easiest way possible this has got to be it :P

Afternoon,

Last night my guild has started doing this boss on Mythic, We did 3 groups 2 tanks but soaking tank was taking 3 slices before the swap. We did find this hard on the healers and external cooldowns. As my co tank is a monk tank and he has no problems with soaking more then 2 stacks so with that in mind I have changed the order for our next raid night. Do you guys think this will work.

Squishy is a pally Tank and Ready is a Monk tank.

1 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    2 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    3 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

4 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    5 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    6 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

7 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    8 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    9 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

----------
    PHASE 2
    ----------

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just use 3 groups and no one has to take more than 1 slice at a time, so its much easier on the healing.

If you only let the paladin take one slice at a time, the inferno strike debuff will never fall off the monk tank, and even the monk tank will take a bit of damage towards the end. What we do is have a monk tank soak the three first slices himself, have the other tank take the next three with a lot of externals and then have the monk tank do the last three again - the very last one soloed using Zen Meditation. This way we lose the Inferno Strike debuff between each time the tanks have to soak slices again.

Deleted
    We use 2 tanks 4 healers and 3 groups.
    We have a paladin and me (dk) tanking.
    We have one tank tanking the boss while the other tank, taunts before a slice.

----------------------------------------------

Slice 1: DK soak with gr 1

Slice 2: DK soak with gr 2

Slice 3: DK soak with gr 3

Slice 4: DK soak with gr 1

Tanks swap

Slice 5: Paladin soak with gr 2

Slice 6: Paladin soak with gr 3

Slice 7: Paladin soak with gr 1

Slice 8: paladin soak with gr 2

Tanks swap

Slice 9: Paladin soaks alone.

-------------------------------------------------------

Rinse and repeat. If something fucks up, I will soak the 9th one with gr 3.

As for cd's we dont use any cd's on tanks (part from their own) before slice 3+4 and slice 7+8.

There are atleast 6 people in your raid that needs to improve their dps. If this doesnt happen I think you will be banging your head against the wall. Why isnt the rogue playing sub on this fight?

Like Fuuma said, some of the members need to step up their game to actually be Mythic raiders, or else you gonna be stuck on alot of fights.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    Afternoon,

Last night my guild has started doing this boss on Mythic, We did 3 groups 2 tanks but soaking tank was taking 3 slices before the swap. We did find this hard on the healers and external cooldowns. As my co tank is a monk tank and he has no problems with soaking more then 2 stacks so with that in mind I have changed the order for our next raid night. Do you guys think this will work.

Squishy is a pally Tank and Ready is a Monk tank.

1 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    2 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    3 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

4 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    5 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    6 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

7 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    8 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    9 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

----------
    PHASE 2
    ----------

Won't work, you need to take 3 stacks before the other tanks stacks have dropped off.

I've said it before, but when learning Gruul I think it's a good idea to go with 3 tanks / 4 healers. That way you can make the DPS requirement (since a tank is 2/3 of the DPS of a decent DPSer, and a healer is 0% of a decent DPSer) with no concern about a tank getting one-shot because he forgot to use a CD or didn't get an external in time. Seriously the difficulty of using 3 tanks / 4 healers is not even comparable to doing 2 tanks / 5 healers. Also use 3 groups with one group filled with immune soakers to ease the burden on your healers.

Once you kill Gruul a couple of times feel free to make whatever changes, but it's just a lot easier doing it that way.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Won't work, you need to take 3 stacks before the other tanks stacks have dropped off.
    ahh thank you

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    I've said it before, but when learning Gruul I think it's a good idea to go with 3 tanks / 4 healers. That way you can make the DPS requirement (since a tank is 2/3 of the DPS of a decent DPSer, and a healer is 0% of a decent DPSer) with no concern about a tank getting one-shot because he forgot to use a CD or didn't get an external in time. Seriously the difficulty of using 3 tanks / 4 healers is not even comparable to doing 2 tanks / 5 healers. Also use 3 groups with one group filled with immune soakers to ease the burden on your healers.

Once you kill Gruul a couple of times feel free to make whatever changes, but it's just a lot easier doing it that way.
    Depends on your tanks. Monks and DKs don't need externals at all, so if those are your tanks you can stick with two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkyfatter View Post
    We are a casual raiding guild starting on Mythic Progress this Sunday. Currently doing my preparation for the firsts encounters in there. Ive noticed people are doing Gruul in different ways 2/3 Tanks, and 2/3 Groups and slices aswell. What do u guys find the easiest to do ? Currently we got a monk tank and a warrior tank, and we might be able to bring another monk tank (if needed). And im wondering if the dps/hps requirements is fine in our guild for Gruul aswell.. Any advise and help is much appereciated!

Logs from yestodays heroic Gruul kill > https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...xwmQ4z#fight=4

Thanks alot <3

3 tank it and you'll never have a problem.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asethi View Post
    3 tank it and you'll never have a problem.

So my guild just got to mythic and somehow our tanks are screwing up slice rotations. Have a dk/warrior as the main tanks and a monk for the off tank. I don't think they know exactly what to do, like one thing was our warrior tank wlould get killed on pull or after a couple slices and then another was it seemed like they didnt know where to take the slices (we were trying 3 groups). Can anyone recommend a video/visual guide for this boss woth 3 tanks? If I need to logs so you guys can see what is exactly going wrong, I can link. Thanks again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgid View Post
    So my guild just got to mythic and somehow our tanks are screwing up slice rotations. Have a dk/warrior as the main tanks and a monk for the off tank. I don't think they know exactly what to do, like one thing was our warrior tank wlould get killed on pull or after a couple slices and then another was it seemed like they didnt know where to take the slices (we were trying 3 groups). Can anyone recommend a video/visual guide for this boss woth 3 tanks? If I need to logs so you guys can see what is exactly going wrong, I can link. Thanks again!
    Just check the video about gruul on the fatboss channel on youtube. They do a 3 tanks strategy.