Mythic Gruul, need Prot help

Ok so my guild downed Mythic Gruul tuesday, it was our first night doing it, but we had continues problems with me dying. Its usually never the case and im just wondering if anyone can see if its either a problem with me, which I have to assume it is since other tanks didnt die. We are doing the 3 tank strat and I am usually the main/off tank so its not like im under geared or dont know how to perform. Im popping shield of righteous every slash, and Divine protection every other slash I was also trying to use my bigger CDs on the 2nd time I would take my second slash but sometimes I didnt even live that long. Let me know if you see anything I am doing wrong. Next time we kill it we plan to have a decent CD on me every slash to make sure we dont waste time like this again.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

If you're dying to Slash, its one of a few potential things:
    A) Tank is not rolling their own defensive CDs
    B) Tank doesn't have enough HP
    C) Tank isn't topped off on health before being slashed
    D) Healers aren't spotting/rotating defensives on the tank
    E) The group you're slashing into isn't big enough (such as someone running away or not packed tightly enough to eat it)

Assuming you're doing your job, I'd say its most likely (D)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...deaths&death=1

Your SoTR fades then you have no active mitigation up for 2sec during which you take an un-mitigated 90k melee hit and 230k overwhelming blows. You also weren't topped up from previous hits 3sec ago.

Holy Avenger might be a better choice for this boss as you are 3 tanking it, you'll should be able to use it every time you have the boss.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-04-10 at 02:05 AM.

Afternoon,

Last night my guild has started doing this boss on Mythic, We did 3 groups 2 tanks but soaking tank was taking 3 slices before the swap. We did find this hard on the healers and external cooldowns. As my co tank is a monk tank and he has no problems with soaking more then 2 stacks I have changed how we do it. Do you guys think this will work.

Squishy is a pally Tank and Ready is a Monk tank.

1 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    2 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    3 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

4 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    5 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    6 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

7 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    8 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    9 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

----------
    PHASE 2
    ----------

I dont see how that would work Squinty, you only are taking 1 soak every time he takes 2. The debuff lasts 45s in mythic. There needs to be 3 soaks to drop off the debuff if im not mistaken.

I was looking at this and by this it looks like its going to work as the debuff is 30 seconds? So it will look like this

http://reaction-eu.co.uk/forum/m/258...1-mythic-gruul

1 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    2 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    3 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

4 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    5 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    6 - Ready tanks - Squishy soaks

7 - Ready tanks - Squishy soak
    8 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks
    9 - Squishy tanks - Ready soaks

----------
    PHASE 2
    ----------

Looking at our logs slices 4 and 5 there is 53 second gap and then at 8 and 9 thre is a 95 second gap and again at 11 and 12 of 53 second gap

Look at our logs. its every 12s except for after the 9th and 45s debuff. Whatever that guy wrote is wrong unless there happen to be a change since Tuesday.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...22&view=events

Remember that you can BoP/Bubble taunt the slices. Considering you're doing the 3 tank strat, you only ever need a CD for the first slice and can play around that. Also using Ardent Defender + Pot/WoG can be helpful too when you aren't able to have anything up. Also, I personal would suggest using Seraphim/HA on this fight as you're not tanking the boss very long with 3 tanks.