Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    For the person on page 1, the Netherlands doesn't have 19% VAT anymore (since Oct. 2012). It is also 21%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Ah right, forgot about that. Can't really use some Micro ATX boards and I doubt any mITX. + all the above posts.
    The Noctua won't fit his case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    You definitely need more ram get at least 16gb, so that way you wont ever run close to 80-90% because once it hits that mark stuff starts slowing down
    That is not true. 8gb is MORE Than enough if he does nothing else then game. The extra 8gb would be a total waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Palaplu View Post
    The HDD will be used for storage and for the games that aren't on my SSD, does that make a difference to the HDD you chose?
    Ok, I might switch out my chosen DVD drive for yours then maybe the SSD as well.

About the PSU, I've heard that the PSU is the one thing you can't go cheap on, because it affects the power that goes through your components.
    Then again, I've read that the only difference between bronze and gold is the power it wastes from your net (so, less power consumption, slighty lower power bill)
    And if I pick a Corsair RM* anyway, where I'm ordering it (on coolblue.be) it's only a € 5 between the 750W and 550W one. The modular aspect just looks handy. Also, Tek syndicate gave it a very good review. And a friend of mine says you can't go wrong with gold instead of bronze because the gold (newer) ones are better made most of the times or something.
    But as you say, I could save some money there, but I don't know, don't wanna have to blame myself later because something broke down because of something

So yes, the PSU is the last important thing I'm pondering about now, I just want to be absolutely sure as I'm spending a looot of money on the other parts.

Another thing, the thermal grease/paste (what's the difference? paste better than grease? ) included with the Scythe Mugen 4, is it gonna be good enough?
    About the PSU, getting and XFX Pro 550w is not gimping on PSU at all bro. It's a very very solid psu. You should look up reviews about it.
    And about the corsair PSU, someone else in here also said it, that the type you chose is pretty gimp. Modular PSU are expensive. Cheap modulars are trash.
    And the discussion about Gold VS Bronze is endless. It all comes down to the fact that you want more efficienct output (we're talking about 3% or something).

XFX 550w pro http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory3&reid=225
    Last edited by mmocc9bc7cbfdd; 2015-04-13 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergov View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That is not true. 8gb is MORE Than enough if he does nothing else then game. The extra 8gb would be a total waste
    Diablo 3 begs to differ, i had nothing else going on in the background and that game eats up ram like its candy, also it wouldnt be a total waste if he plans on doing 2 monitors and multi-tasking or having things up in the background
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Diablo 3 begs to differ, i had nothing else going on in the background and that game eats up ram like its candy, also it wouldnt be a total waste if he plans on doing 2 monitors and multi-tasking or having things up in the background
    I play diablo 3 all the time, I can watch twitch and have 8 tabs open on google Chrome. I think you're problem is really something else.

Proof: http://imgur.com/FLSyLmL --> ALMOST 4gb used 3.6 physical memory free.

Anyway, he can buy 16gb for all I care It's not my money.
    Last edited by mmocc9bc7cbfdd; 2015-04-13 at 04:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's not a lot of psu on coolblue. XFX one is the better of the lower budgets there.

Bronze to Gold is a 5% difference, whether you care about that is a different thing. Bronze being 82-85-82 and Gold 87-90-87. Being efficient does make it run cooler which isn't a terrible thing.
    Being gold doesn't necessarily mean it's better built.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergov View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That is not true. 8gb is MORE Than enough if he does nothing else then game. The extra 8gb would be a total waste.

- - - Updated - - -

About the PSU, getting and XFX Pro 550w is not gimping on PSU at all bro. It's a very very solid psu. You should look up reviews about it.
    And about the corsair PSU, someone else in here also said it, that the type you chose is pretty gimp. Modular PSU are expensive. Cheap modulars are trash.
    And the discussion about Gold VS Bronze is endless. It all comes down to the fact that you want more efficienct output (we're talking about 3% or something).

XFX 550w pro http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory3&reid=225
    Updated opening post with the proposed PSU.

Thanks everyone for all the advice so far

I think these may be the final things that I'm "worrying" about:

- Would it be smart (needed?) to put in 16gig of RAM instead of 8gig now instead of later?
    - Is OC'ing my CPU (later) gonna use a lot of extra power?
    - Is the PSU still gonna do (after OC'ing), will I still have enough headroom to plug some stuff in (cardreader, xboxcontroller, usb-hub, phone...)?
    - Is the aftermarket cooler I chose (Scythe Mugen 4) gonna be enough for OC'ing (later)? Is the included (standard) cooling paste good?

Also, the GPU I was gonna order on Alternate.be jumped up € 20,00 in price, damn. (still €10 cheaper than buying the slightly lower card in Netherlands + buying witcher on steam(at full price))
    Last edited by Palaplu; 2015-04-14 at 12:24 AM.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Well do you plan on doing SLI? If not i wouldnt worry about it, also for SLI you'd want a full tower case anyway for better circulation and the extra room it comes with.
    Well for your ram i recommend 16gb because just look at the witcher 3 specs its already at 6gb minimum or 8gb recommend so might as well get 16gb if you can afford it to future-proof.
    About OC'ing not really sure but i would think yes, also about after oc'ing that depends upon how high your gonna set the wattage at.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-04-13 at 07:57 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well do you plan on doing SLI? If not i wouldnt worry about it, also for SLI you'd want a full tower case anyway for better circulation and the extra room it comes with.
    Well for your ram i recommend 16gb because just look at the witcher 3 specs its already at 6gb minimum or 8gb recommend so might as well get 16gb if you can afford it to future-proof.
    About OC'ing not really sure but i would think yes, also about after oc'ing that depends upon how high your gonna set the wattage at.
    After reading a bit about SLI, no, I probably won't :-) So forget I ever asked ^^
    The extra ram might be something I'd buy now though, first I'd have to do all the math on the budget again.
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

RAM is so cheap right now there is little reason NOT to get 16GB, for future-proofing if nothing else, if you can afford it. If its not in the budget, 8GB will certainly do you fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    RAM is so cheap right now there is little reason NOT to get 16GB, for future-proofing if nothing else, if you can afford it. If its not in the budget, 8GB will certainly do you fine.
    The extra RAM (barely) fits the budget
    Now the only things I'm left wondering about are:
    - Is the Scythe Mugen 4 decent for (moderate) overclocking (in the future)? Is the included cooling paste decent stuff?
    - How much extra power does (moderate) overclocking that CPU tend to use? Will I be safe with the PSU (550w) I chose, to OC in the future?

Pcpartpicker gives 356W estimated power usage with the current setup, not counting the overclocking I think.

(I saw these OC calculators, but as I'm a noob in many things -overclocking being one of those things- I can't seem to get a certain answer out of it)

Wouldnt wanna have to buy anything for it for a while, you know (except maybe an extra HDD over time)
    Last edited by Palaplu; 2015-04-14 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added current estimated power usage

10+ Year Old Account
    Mugen 4 is fine according to reviews on newegg/amazon/tweaktown
    Looked at a forum i found on google and it seems like the power increase is between 10-35 watts

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys again for all the help.

Before I make the order, I guess it all comes down to 1 last question:

Will the PSU (XFX PRO550W) be enough to:
    - Power the system (http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wVBj7P)
    + Overclock my CPU later
    + Add another HDD in the future
    + Plug in xboxcontroller, external hard drive sometimes, any keyboard+mouse I might buy later, cellphone, USB-hub,...
    + Have some headroom left?
    Last edited by Palaplu; 2015-04-15 at 12:08 AM.

Yes to all of the above.

Will the PSU (XFX PRO550W) be enough to:
    Easily. What it can not do is run two graphics cards reliably.

+ Plug in xboxcontroller, external hard drive sometimes, any keyboard+mouse I might buy later, cellphone, USB-hub,...
    That depends more on the quality of motherboard components. Those usually don't have infinite power for USB ports, but you can work around it by using powered USB hubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks every1 for all your help, couldn't have done it without you guys
    Everything has been ordered, payed for, now just waiting for confirmation.

*claps hands excitedly*

Btw, my previous "rig" was a 2 year old € 700 Toshiba laptop

Good times a comin'