Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    In neither version of events is Sefolosha beaten merely for "resisting arrest". You make it sound like Sefolosha was somehow involved in the knife fight. Talk about conveniently leaving out relevant information.
    Was the situation involving a knife fight? Oh, ok - thanks for playing.

The police's version of events is above (emphasis mine). So their story is that Sefolosha and Antic (among others) moved an insufficient distance away from the nightclub crime scene, and that Sefolosha then charged the cops (???). There are problems with this story:
    Five cops tackled Sefolosha and violently subdued him for... three misdemeanor charges?

Sefolosha was kept in lockup overnight with no medical attention:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure that's not a sexed up version of events. Only cops lie about what happens - certainly not the criminals and their attorneys. Yes, it would take 5+ cops to tackle someone being violent, who stands over 6'5" and weights how much? Do you even understand law enforcement procedure?

I'll tell you what happened here. The NYPD violently arrested and subdued what they thought was just a couple drunk nightclub patrons causing trouble for them, and they sexed up the details (they moved "a couple feet", Sefalosha violently kicking and flailing at police) because they assumed they would not be scrutinized.
    I'm sure glad you're on the case - knowing exactly what happened from a quote from a sports announcer, who wasn't there, and doesn't have any facts. /sigh

He probabaly broke his leg flopping. You know how those NBA players are, only soccer players flop more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm sure glad you're on the case - knowing exactly what happened from a quote from a sports announcer, who wasn't there, and doesn't have any facts. /sigh
    Didn't you know? Mahourai, hollowed be his name, is god and actually seen first hand what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Sefolosha is black?

Since when.
    Since I said so!

10+ Year Old Account
    Man this story has already been distorted beyond belief with absolutely no evidence one way or the other.

It was at/near a fancy night club, in New York. I assure you there will be video of it.

Making posts saying "the nypd broke a basketball players leg!!!!" With no other information is just flat out biased.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    He probabaly broke his leg flopping. You know how those NBA players are, only soccer players flop more.
    Most NBA players have toothpicks for legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying "they broke his damn leg" in the op's article is just a joke at this point. They don't know what even happened, hey just assume the mean ol cops went out of their way to break someone's leg..
    You're a towel.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Man this story has already been distorted beyond belief with absolutely no evidence one way or the other.

It was at/near a fancy night club, in New York. I assure you there will be video of it.

Making posts saying "the nypd broke a basketball players leg!!!!" With no other information is just flat out biased.

What?!?!?!!? Idiots on the interwebs make conclusions based on no facts? Noooooooooooooooo! I'm shocked, just shocked.

Was the situation involving a knife fight? Oh, ok - thanks for playing.
    No, Sefolosha was not arrested for being involved in a knife fight. This is the worst "gotcha" ever.

Five cops tackled Sefolosha and violently subdued him for... three misdemeanor charges?

Sefolosha was kept in lockup overnight with no medical attention:

Yeah, I'm sure that's not a sexed up version of events. Only cops lie about what happens - certainly not the criminals and their attorneys. Yes, it would take 5+ cops to tackle someone being violent, who stands over 6'5" and weights how much? Do you even understand law enforcement procedure?
    The number of police who subdued Sefolosha, the only charges filed being misdemeanors, and Sefolosha not receiving medical attention for his leg while in police custory are not guesses, or sensationalist reporting - they are facts.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    ... there is already a video of the arrest of Sefolosha. That's how we know the police misrepresented the distance away from the nightclub crime scene that the two players were arrested.
    Last edited by Mahourai; 2015-04-11 at 03:35 AM.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sefolosha plays for Atlanta now? He's probably a great compliment to Kyle Korver....

If he were playing for OKC, that whole damn city would be protesting at the police station right now. God knows they needed Sefelosha badly this season and OKC LOVES them some Thunder.

The truth about white vs black and police vs black incidents.

That truth being black people are a whole hell of a lot less likely to be assaulted or killed by white people or the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

That truth being black people are a whole hell of a lot less likely to be assaulted or killed by white people or the police.
    There are also less black people in general.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going to apologize for a misstated fact.

Seflosha is swiss, but has a skin tone a lot like mine. I confused him with Andres Nocioni (Does he even play anymore?)

Here is Thano Sefalosha

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    It was a fracture not a break, there is a big difference.
    The medical definition of a "fracture", as well as the commonsense English definition, is "a break".

The medical definition of a "fracture", as well as the commonsense English definition, is "a break".
    noun
    the breaking of a bone, cartilage, or the like, or the resulting condition.

Personally I always thought a fracture was more like a crack long ways instead of straight across like a break. Almost like a splintered effect. Guess I was wrong. Second time in my life..

A clarification, since people seemed unclear about this earlier:

Sefolosha was not involved in the knife fight. He was not the attacker, or the victim, nor was the Pacers player stabbed part of Sefolosha's entourage.

NEW YORK — Indiana Pacers forward Chris Copeland suffered a puncture to his diaphragm and remained in an intensive care unit on Wednesday.

A source close to the situation told the Indianapolis Star that Copeland remained stabilized at Bellevue Hospital in New York. Copeland underwent surgery for injuries to his abdomen and left elbow during an early morning knife attack outside a trendy Chelsea nightclub.

According to a source, Copeland and his ex-fiancée, Katrine Saltara, were assaulted while waiting for their car outside of the 1OAK Club. The source denied earlier reports that Copeland and Saltara were arguing when the 22-year-old suspect interceded and a fight escalated into a knife attack.

"It wasn't even close to an argument," a source told The Star. "Chris did not initiate anything."

In video obtained by TMZ, the altercation left Copeland bleeding on the pavement, while Saltara protected him and yelled: "We're both stabbed…We are scared for our lives!" The driver alerted nearby law enforcement. Police arrested Shevoy Bleary-Murdock at the scene and recovered a switchblade used in the attack. Bleary-Murdock was charged with three counts of felony assault and four counts of criminal possession of a weapon.
    Source

Sefolosha was not charged with any crimes related to the stabbing. He was charged with "resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and obstructing governmental administration."

A clarification, since people seemed unclear about this earlier:

Sefolosha was not involved in the knife fight. He was not the attacker, or the victim, nor was the Pacers player stabbed part of Sefolosha's entourage.

Source

Sefolosha was not charged with any crimes related to the stabbing. He was charged with "resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and obstructing governmental administration."
    I'm arresting you for resisting arrest!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post

i wonder when they started counting...

Then he needs a more accurate publicist, because EVERY picture of him seems to indicate he's black.
    He's more like brown so probably a terrorist.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988