Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I mean it's nice to see how much you enjoy it, firstly you're grinding Outland mobs (level 60-70) for laughing skull rep iirc, which must explain why your hard hits and abilities seem so satisfying. I have to main an arms warrior for my RBG team and to me it's not as amazing as you explain it as, I have 105% mastery unbuffed and over 150% buffed yet my sudden death procs (bis talent) only usually hit between 10-20k and my 20% executes are in the 60-80k range, mortal strike only extends from 20k hits when my burst and collosus smash is up, I usually only dominate the damage boards when I'm sat in the middle of deepwind gorge spamming whirlwind. I play at 1750 rating in RBGs, so good PVP arms guys give me pointers if you have any, so just saying but I don't think arms is all as good as you make it out to be in up to date content

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This class is mindless though. That is what makes it so fun.

What I say is true. This class doesn't require any skill compared to something like a Rogue or Mage. Not even close. But its efficient at what it does which is killing bad players that play high skill cap classes.
    No class/spec in the game requires more skill then any other if you have 4 fingers and 1/2 a brain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    He's not wrong. For what the devs set out to do with arms the spec plays perfectly. Unfortunately the "mindless damage mongo" niche it provides doesn't suit what the spec used to be or could have been for a lot of players myself included.
    I disagree. Arms has always been mindless and easy.

I still don't understand why people liked Arms in MoP. I'm thinking about playing on Molten's MoP private server just to play it again only to remind myself how good we have it in WoD.

You know that Arms during Cataclysm was complete trash without Gurth weapon right?

No thanks, I'm happy with WoD Arms.
    I could easily top meters in BWD (even ranked top3-5 in WoL a few times) with stancedancing and melee-range charge that some big bosses allowed you to do.
    A pretty high APM for a dps class, tons of fun, satisfying.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheThirteenthWorstGamer View Post
    I mean it's nice to see how much you enjoy it, firstly you're grinding Outland mobs (level 60-70) for laughing skull rep iirc, which must explain why your hard hits and abilities seem so satisfying.
    Nah bro I'm grinding the plant mobs in Gorgrond. Laughing Skull Orcs is a WoD faction.

I have to main an arms warrior for my RBG team and to me it's not as amazing as you explain it as, I have 105% mastery unbuffed and over 150% buffed yet my sudden death procs (bis talent) only usually hit between 10-20k and my 20% executes are in the 60-80k range, mortal strike only extends from 20k hits when my burst and collosus smash is up, I usually only dominate the damage boards when I'm sat in the middle of deepwind gorge spamming whirlwind.
    I've been able to hit pve mobs for over 200k and full conquest geared players at 130k with execute. Mortal Strikes inside a CS hit anywhere up to 50k-80k depending on if I had a weapon proc/trinket proc.

This is on an undead Warrior too. Just imagine if my alt Human Warrior was in conquest gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    I could easily top meters in BWD (even ranked top3-5 in WoL a few times) with stancedancing and melee-range charge that some big bosses allowed you to do.
    A pretty high APM for a dps class, tons of fun, satisfying.
    You have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.
    Oh yeah because swapping between Berserker Stance and Battle Stance was fun thanks to shitty Overpower being only usable in Battle Stance. Yeah macro game play is real fun.

Anyone who actually played in Cataclysm knows that outside of the first patch, Warrior were the weakest designed class in the entire game. Had Gurth weapon never existed, nobody would bring a DPS Warrior into a Raid. I also fondly remember Prot Warriors being absolute shit too.

And on top of that, Warriors outside of season 9 were the worst class in PvP during Cataclysm. The damage Arms did was so bad that you needed to play a Human with PvE trinkets and Gurth weapon to be viable. And even then, Sub Rogues were still superior to you.

Yeah I totally miss those days where Warriors had a 3 minute cool down on Enraged Regeneration, 5 Minute Shield Wall (7 minutes if glyphed), No DbTS, 5 Minute CD Recklessness that increased damage taken by 20%, 3 minute cd on intimidating Shout that broke if a rock hit the person, shitty throwdown that would depend on avoidence rng to land, shitty Hamstring on the full 1.5 second GCD, shitty 10% reduction in Defensive Stance and dumb weapon swap macro's to use spell reflection and Shield Wall/Block.

Yeah I totally miss those days. I miss the days of being the bitch of all of the other classes in the game, especially Rogues/Rets/DK's. Real fun.

Nah bro I'm grinding the plant mobs in Gorgrond. Laughing Skull Orcs is a WoD faction.

I've been able to hit pve mobs for over 200k and full conquest geared players at 130k with execute. Mortal Strikes inside a CS hit anywhere up to 50k-80k depending on if I had a weapon proc/trinket proc.

This is on an undead Warrior too. Just imagine if my alt Human Warrior was in conquest gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah because swapping between Berserker Stance and Battle Stance was fun thanks to shitty Overpower being only usable in Battle Stance. Yeah macro game play is real fun.

Anyone who actually played in Cataclysm knows that outside of the first patch, Warrior were the weakest designed class in the entire game. Had Gurth weapon never existed, nobody would bring a DPS Warrior into a Raid. I also fondly remember Prot Warriors being absolute shit too.

And on top of that, Warriors outside of season 9 were the worst class in PvP during Cataclysm. The damage Arms did was so bad that you needed to play a Human with PvE trinkets and Gurth weapon to be viable. And even then, Sub Rogues were still superior to you.

Yeah I totally miss those days where Warriors had a 3 minute cool down on Enraged Regeneration, 5 Minute Shield Wall (7 minutes if glyphed), No DbTS, 5 Minute CD Recklessness that increased damage taken by 20%, 3 minute cd on intimidating Shout that broke if a rock hit the person, shitty throwdown that would depend on avoidence rng to land, shitty Hamstring on the full 1.5 second GCD, shitty 10% reduction in Defensive Stance and dumb weapon swap macro's to use spell reflection and Shield Wall/Block.

Yeah I totally miss those days. I miss the days of being the bitch of all of the other classes in the game, especially Rogues/Rets/DK's. Real fun.
    God damn. Every post is better then the last. And then you click the armory link. God. Damn. He's not trolling folks, these people exist.

"omg, some skill was needed to play! screw this class! let's go play CoD again!" this is what you basically just said.
    I have to agree btw that in some cases you kinda feeled to play with a "handicap" against other classes. But that's a PvP concern, we were talking about PvE.
    You could play with macros or without, if you want a real challenge go play without.
    You like the easy way, I can see that. Lemme guess, your main was an Arcane Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsu View Post
    "omg, some skill was needed to play! screw this class! let's go play CoD again!" this is what you basically just said.
    I have to agree btw that in some cases you kinda feeled to play with a "handicap" against other classes. But that's a PvP concern, we were talking about PvE.
    You could play with macros or without, if you want a real challenge go play without.
    You like the easy way, I can see that. Lemme guess, your main was an Arcane Mage?
    His main was little blonde boy #3 from: http://www.stoneagegamer.com/images/..._%28USA%29.png
    He moved to CoD after he realized that game's skill cap was too high, mastered 420 no scoping people's moms while shooting his own team mates all the while screaming "this game is fukin gai bro" over xbox live.
    Seriously tho, I bet if he's actually over the age of 15, 10 years ago dude sat around playing Mortal Kombat making fun of RPG games and people who roleplay. Now he's RP walking around gorgrond /yelling how fucking awesome arms rotation while emoting ally players to "come at him bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Pretty sure this post is sarcastic. Pretty sure he said Mastery buffs dick size at one point.
    So was mine. Anything the crowd seems to feel, he is the type to just be naturally against. Always trying to draw a reaction out of someone.

Yes I remember his mastery post about how Blizz is going to fix mastery because that's what they want people to use it.

I dunno what you're smoking, Cataclysm Arms was a masterpiece.

Gurth was amazing but that had nothing to do with why the spec was awesome, it was just a weapon with a proc that did ridiculous damage, the normal mode Gurth may have beaten even the HC versions of other weapons on most attempts (I say most as the proc was very RNG and differed greatly from attempt to attempt) but you could still get amazing results from the other weapons... Either way the spec was amazing to play, and very competitive in PVE.

As for Arms now, you're entitled to your opinion but I think Arms is terrible. I play it most of the time and the rankings show I play it pretty well... But I play it only because it saves me from the pain of Fury RNG. I think that Arms/Fury design in WOD is terrible and a lot of people seem to share that thought. By all means you can enjoy the spec but as someone who has played Warrior for the best part of a decade and only played Warrior I definitely don't have much good to say about it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    arms is boring to play warriors in general are boring to play cos there like easy to kil lnow they die so fast

Quote Originally Posted by huckfolinka View Post
    arms is boring to play warriors in general are boring to play cos there like easy to kil lnow they die so fast
    I steady beast on my warrior. sup yo

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I preferred 4.3 Arms.
    Please don't even bring up the golden days, because it just hurts.

Edit: Heck, I loved 4.0.1, when Overpower was still tied to timely reapplication of Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Please don't even bring up the golden days, because it just hurts.

Edit: Heck, I loved 4.0.1, when Overpower was still tied to timely reapplication of Rend.
    Keep living in the past.

The golden days are now.

It amazes me people still can't figure out the obvious trolls. Especially with ones who do it constantly.

The part I thought was best was all the talk of chaining attacks like Colossus Smash, and using cooldowns like Avatar while farming Laughing Skull rep. For people who don't know, farming Laughing Skull rep involves gaining a stacking buff which causes you to one shot mobs. It really makes it so that it doesn't matter what you are doing (I did it as Prot so I could just keep pressing Devastate).

It's become a pretty consistent cycle. Troll - get banned - return to trolling - get banned - return to trolling.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You'd be surprised how many people actually like Arms but won't come out and say it. I'm sure this is hard to comprehend when you live in the echo chamber that are these forums.
    I know it's a troll, but I do have to agree with this, I play arms on some fights where the execute phase is more important than the rest of the fight (so the flat damage of Glad is counter productive) and have to say the only thing that really keeps me from main speccing Arms is that MS doesn't refresh rend like in Cata, that was the best QoL change Arms ever got

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I know it's a troll, but I do have to agree with this, I play arms on some fights where the execute phase is more important than the rest of the fight (so the flat damage of Glad is counter productive) and have to say the only thing that really keeps me from main speccing Arms is that MS doesn't refresh rend like in Cata, that was the best QoL change Arms ever got
    Well I'm not sure how rend was back then but rend now has a detonation effect when it expires which is a decent amount of dps so refreshing it would not be a good thing.

Deleted
    How on earth are people taking this post seriously? I don't even..

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Well I'm not sure how rend was back then but rend now has a detonation effect when it expires which is a decent amount of dps so refreshing it would not be a good thing.
    Refreshing rend with less then 5 secs and the last tick still goes off.
    And how is this trolling? This guy has no idea how this game works and is talking out of his ass. This isnt trolling, this is making a public display of stupidity. All he's been doing is pvp this expansion and he's not geared and has no rating, and he's trying to be a sassy, witty, RP forum troll? Nah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Refreshing rend with less then 5 secs and the last tick still goes off.
    And how is this trolling? This guy has no idea how this game works and is talking out of his ass. This isnt trolling, this is making a public display of stupidity. All he's been doing is pvp this expansion and he's not geared and has no rating, and he's trying to be a sassy, witty, RP forum troll? Nah.
    How is it stupid to make a thread and appreciate something?

I don't need any credentials to play the game and post on the forums. Although, it does make me wonder what would happen if I was a 2700+ multi rank 1 player and/or a mythic raider and I posted the same exact thread. Would some of you be kneeling down and sucking me off? Haha.

Last night I spent only 40 minutes on WoW right before I had to go to my overnight stock job. I grinded about 1.8k laughing Skull Orcs rep with my Arms Warrior and it was very enjoyable. I run this awesome route where I can get so much rep in a good amount of time.

And thanks to the Arms spec, I'm able to do it much faster. Had I play a different spec, it would take even longer. There's just something so satisfying so complete with Arms that when I decide to play something different, it always calls me back no matter what. It's like when I play this game I was meant to play this spec.

I disagree, I love Rend. I love applying it and reapplying it to multiple things. Rend just makes the spec feels so smooth idk I can't explain it. I feel like without Rend, something is just missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    How on earth are people taking this post seriously? I don't even..
    It is a serious thread. The people who don't take it seriously are the fools.