Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why don´t we see more terrorism in western countries?

From time to time i hear gang hideouts getting raided where they find rocketlaunchers, granades and stuff like that. Shows its easy enough to smuggle small arms like handgranades into a country, how come so little havoc is being wrecked by actual terrorists seeing how dedicated most of those terrorists are?

How easy is it to visit a public event, like an outdoor festival with a backpack full off handgranades? You could pull the pins out of 6 of em and throw em around into crowded areas before someone even notices you are there.

Im glad they dont, dont get me wrong. But im confused on the subject. If its so easy, why hasnt anything happened yet?
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2015-04-22 at 10:19 PM.

Gangs tend to kill other gangs is my guess.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    The primary barrier to acts of terrorism is retribution. There's a reason why the two most common types of terrorism carried out against the US are religious fanaticism and power plays fulminating in suicide by cop (which incorporates things such as school shootings).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Gangs tend to kill other gangs is my guess.
    My point with gang hideouts was that it shows its relatively easy to smuggle shit into a country. Not `why dont gangs commit acts of terrorism`.

Gang members have a code where they don't include civilians, at least you don't get points for hurting civilians. Now if you Leonard who's killed 15 other gang bangers, then you get respect. Killing the guy who comes and picks up the trash won't get you a name.

Muslims in the US do better economically than the rest of the society, the racism Muslims find in Europe they don't find that here. There's a race hierarchy in the US, blacks get the worst of it, then Mexican Americans, and so on. Muslims are somewhere in the middle, they experience some racism but no where near that of blacks or Mexican Americans.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    If its so easy, why hasnt anything happened yet?
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.-Sir Conan Doyle
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    My point with gang hideouts was that it shows its relatively easy to smuggle shit into a country. Not `why dont gangs commit acts of terrorism`.
    Oh, I suspect the smuggling is hyperbole.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

What reason would "gangs" have for attacking civilians or governments?

This kind of 'terrorism' doesn't just happen... people do it for a reason. No matter how conventionally violent you are, the chances are you're not going to go blowing up random people without a bloody good reason for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause things are pretty OK over here. Hard to get really worked up over stuff.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess because killing random people doesn't have much of a monetary reward. So too much risk no reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the whole "being raided" part is why.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    I think humans in general dont have that motivation inherently at least the vast vast vast majority so you need an outward force to induce such behaviour.

Sure its possible to have some lone freaks like breivik who are mentally ill or just missguided but you wont get to the Israel standard with that.
    Terrorism is a form mainly of asymetric warfare, no broad innersocial or outward conflict? No terrorism.

Probably because 'terrorism' isn't as common as the news would have you believe.

Because life is relatively good here so most people would not throw that away by becoming a terrorist. The fact that we have a bunch of people protesting in the streets but do nothing more then whine and complain is a good example of this.

15+ Year Old Account
    We do have terrorism, it's just not called terrorism because that's for them damn middle easterners!

We've had bombings of openly gay businesses, bombings and bomb threats of mosques, death threats to gay celebs who open up, hell there was that black guy who got dragged behind a truck about a year ago. But if we started calling random acts of bigotry "terrorism" the bigots and racists would flip the fuck out for daring to associate them with them arabs!

Hell, good old Timmy McVeigh was a freeper and bombed that government building because he feared that the government was coming for his guns. The fact that he was a RWNJ was carefully covered up by the media of course.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    Because life is relatively good here so most people would not throw that away by becoming a terrorist. The fact that we have a bunch of people protesting in the streets but do nothing more then whine and complain is a good example of this.
    Yeah. Every time I see people trashing our government on forums like these, I always think: if the government was as you seem to think, you'd be made to disappear. Seriously in a lot of countries Snowden wouldn't still be out there leaking info.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We've had bombings of openly gay businesses, bombings and bomb threats of mosques, death threats to gay celebs who open up, hell there was that black guy who got dragged behind a truck about a year ago. But if we started calling random acts of bigotry "terrorism" the bigots and racists would flip the fuck out for daring to associate them with them arabs!
    Omg Gay Terror Racist Bigot SJW Buzzword Volcano!

If you say that you don't see terrorism in U.S. countries, your privilege is showing.

Have we already forgotten about the struggles that black america faces in regards to police profiling and murder at a staggeringly disproportionate percentage?

When Ferguson's racist police force made up of mostly white guys TERRORIZED their own town over peaceful protests regarding a young, unarmed boy about to go to college being gunned down by Darren Wilson who got thousands of dollars in racist indiegogo money for doing it?

Have we already forgotten about the WHITE, CHRISTIAN terrorist who murdered over 90 people in Europe, Anders Brevik?

What about the Christian and Jewish bigots in France who called in bomb threats at mosques and muslim owned businesses at the start of this year?

The silence on Western terrorism is deafening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good TSA screening.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Gun runners tend to have established and pre-vetted buyers for their product, and while it is relatively easy to transport guns into the US, it's kinda tough for a gang to get a slice unless they make a name for themselves independently. Most gangs who make a rep for themselves tend to stick to making fat stacks instead of trying to destroy the US, for obvious reasons.

And the West sees plenty of terrorism. Not so much Islamic terrorism, especially in the US, because the US is far away from Islamic extremist strongholds.