Thread: Killing floor 2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Killing floor 2

early access trailer

Annoyed i missed the free beta key giveaway on friday but early access is almost here (21st April). Really looking forward to the game as i love the original and yes ill be getting it as an early access game

this is whats officially in early access atm..

• 3 non-linear levels
    • 4 perk classes
    • 27 weapons
    • 11 zeds
    • 7 playable characters, including a female character
    • 1 boss character (not patriarch)
    • Mod SDK supporting custom level creation

prices are $29.99 (US), ₤19.99 (UK) and €26.99 (EU).
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2015-04-12 at 09:59 AM.

Game footage from the game, and interview with all the lead developers in the video below. Made by TB though, who people seem to have a hate-boner for, for some reason.

Deleted
    ha i must of posted it at the same time as you. spooky.

yeah looks great.. glad they changed the leveling system so its not such a grind like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    ha i must of posted it at the same time as you. spooky.

yeah looks great.. glad they changed the leveling system so its not such a grind like before.
    Yeah, i played the first one a lot, and looks great. Also, persistant blood. Why is this not a thing everywhere?

Deleted
    i really like the dynamic lighting and once a light is destroyed the area gets darker.. so you pretty much need to keep moving and not keep going back to the same spot to camp. could be annoying with people trolling though lol

Deleted
    yea.. tried to get a beta key for the giveaway there was

but with only 7500 keys i didn't rly think i would have gotten one anyway
    gonna buy it as soon as i goes on steam and play the hell out of it :P
    hopefully i won't get burned out too fast with how little content there currently is

I have nearly 1000 hours in KF, pretty excited for this! :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashcrack View Post
    I have nearly 1000 hours in KF, pretty excited for this! :O
    Nice MediEvil avatar bro :P

But yeah, I too really enjoyed KF1. Having played it since the original 6 or 7 maps or so were released and Demolitions wasn't a thing yet. Nor was Hell on Earth.

I have almost 350h played and beaten most maps on Suicidal and a few on HoE. This game by the looks of it will only be better, I'm really excited. Not a lot of games I have been looking forward to as much as this one.

Yeah, KF1 is still my most played game on Steam. I'm pretty hyped for this.

Played a bunch last night and I'm hype. Sad that there will be a character wipe so I don't want to sink too much time in, but can't wait for launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Played a bunch last night and I'm hype. Sad that there will be a character wipe so I don't want to sink too much time in, but can't wait for launch.
    How come you can already play it?

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    How come you can already play it?
    There's a beta going on right now and if you got a key you can play till the 16th.

Deleted
    out on steam now.

Deleted
    Bought it installed it and now i'm playing it

having a ton of fun

only problem so far is finding a server cus holy shit they get filled so fast if i refresh and see a open server that is 2/6 or so it's full by the time i click join on it
    if i let the game find me a server i get a 200+ ping server :/

- - - Updated - - -

Managed to play a few games
    but now i can't join anything as the join button does nothing
    if i try to join with matchmaking the game just crashes

"at the moment, servers are full and any slots are filling faster than can be reported. We will have more servers up shortly. The response so far has been, uh, impressive. Thanks all."

basically they didn't think there would be that many players so the servers can't keep up
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2015-04-21 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted
    had 4 games.. seems pretty good so far. normal seems a tad too easy with 6 players and without any lvl 5+ players. will have to give hard a go tomorrow.

Deleted
    Hard is pretty tough without at least everyone being level 5. Scrakes are just a mammoth powerhouse and really hard to deal with in the later rounds. Tough to kill, require the entire team to focus them down, deal insane burst damage, fast as shit and A LOT spawn in the later waves in conjunction with fleshpounds.

Will have to play more though but I don't like the difficulty jump.

Normal is so trivial until the final boss and hard is much, much harder. Then again, most of the people I played with didn't seem to have much KF experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you know when the final game will come out? I'm in the same boat, don't want to invest a lot of time if there's gonna be a wipe.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Do you know when the final game will come out? I'm in the same boat, don't want to invest a lot of time if there's gonna be a wipe.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
    “Until it’s done...
    No, we're not kidding. We know we’ve all seen games hit Early Access and seemingly never get to the point of Full Release, but our goal is to have KF2 out before the end of 2015. We have to balance what is in Early Access, then incrementally add more content, re-balance, more content, re-balance, rinse-and-repeat until we have all the content in and balanced.”

The main game is already very steady. It feels more as if this 'beta' is to sort out the balancing of weapons and mobs, which is a good thing. Best way to have loads of people play and collect data. The wipe will happen btw. And that makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    The main game is already very steady. It feels more as if this 'beta' is to sort out the balancing of weapons and mobs, which is a good thing. Best way to have loads of people play and collect data. The wipe will happen btw. And that makes sense to me.
    Yeah, it's super polished. Seems like they'll just be slowly building out the content and tweaking things until the "official" launch, and this is just a chance to pull a ton of data and let folks in as soon as the core of the game is fully built and polished.

Really, I don't play many Early Access games, but this is easily one of the most polished ones I've played.

I've been keeping up with the game quite a lot and it does indeed look polished. I'm just more worried about investing a lot of time in the game only for the wipe to remove the perks unlocked, etc
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates