Thread: Exp missions

Deleted

Exp missions

This has probably been ask before but if I dont send these out, will I get less of the other types of missions?

Im thinking of getting rid of the salvage yard since its not that profitable any more and is a huge time waster (it takes like 2h daily to clear out the mine, herb garden, open salvage, send out the missions on my main and alts, leaving very little time for other, more fun activities).

So basically, does anyone know for sure how the missions work? Are they random, like if you send out an exp mission, you make room for another mission that can be gold or something else or are they on separate timers so exp missions only make room for exp missions and can be ignored?

You don't get more missions for clearing old ones out.

Also, you're seriously underestimating the salvage yard. You don't have to open the boxes every day. Skipping the mine can be a major time saver though.

Deleted
    Get ElvUI or an addon that auto-vendors all the junk you get from salvage yard. That speeds up the process greatly.

As for the mine, yes skip it. Even with the arak mining pick + consumable pick it's still a bitch to move around there. Skipping mine saves me at least 25 minutes of work (6 characters). Just buy cheap ore on AH on any day except ore trader day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You don't get more missions for clearing old ones out.

Also, you're seriously underestimating the salvage yard. You don't have to open the boxes every day. Skipping the mine can be a major time saver though.
    Well I know it gives decent income but at this point its more about triage. Im at 7 level 100s, mine, salvage, sending out missions takes at least 2 hours every day or 3 so I dont have time to do anything else. I wanna maximize my income while spending minimum time on doing garrison stuff. I wanna get rid of the major time wasters and replacing salvage yard with say.. tailor hut and making then selling the bags would save me from sending out exp missions as well as spending time on opening the boxes (and disenchanting the blues, checking if the epics are worth anything cause most low level ones arent).

Right now, the yard is very useful on alts that still havent maxed out the follower gear but after thats done, it along with the mine is a major time waster for only 200-300gold per character. Ill still keep them and keep mining on my main for the archeology fragments and apexis shards.

But thank you all for your input, its been very helpful!

Deleted
    To save time do the following:

1. Skip mine and just buy ore on AH on non-oretrader days
    2. Do herbs cos they're rather quick, sub-1 minute usually (especially if you mill herbs in order to get war paints)
    3. Just vendor everything from SY, disenchant only the ilvl 610 blues (they have really low vendor price). Keep 665 epics ofc, vendor anything below that. Trying to make gold from DEing / auctioning this shit is completely pointless - you'll get some loose coopers for a hefty time investment.
    4. Send your guys on missions twice a day - morning and evening

Takes me about 40 minutes to do everything on 6 characters. This includes missions, collecting and re-filling work orders, doing the JC daily, harvesting herbs, doing proff cooldowns and vendoring the salvage.

Takes longer on a crafting day where I mail my stuff back and forth between alts and make gear upgrades out of all the savage blood I harvested.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Well I know it gives decent income but at this point its more about triage. Im at 7 level 100s, mine, salvage, sending out missions takes at least 2 hours every day or 3 so I dont have time to do anything else. I wanna maximize my income while spending minimum time on doing garrison stuff. I wanna get rid of the major time wasters and replacing salvage yard with say.. tailor hut and making then selling the bags would save me from sending out exp missions as well as spending time on opening the boxes (and disenchanting the blues, checking if the epics are worth anything cause most low level ones arent).

Right now, the yard is very useful on alts that still havent maxed out the follower gear but after thats done, it along with the mine is a major time waster for only 200-300gold per character. Ill still keep them and keep mining on my main for the archeology fragments and apexis shards.

But thank you all for your input, its been very helpful!
    Those follower tokes sell for 8g apiece. Also, 200g for 7 characters per day is nearly 10k per week. Just open your boxes when you've got some time to kill. The tailor shop won't be a big increase to your income.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fir salvage yard put the boxes on action bar while having vendor window open so you can sell as you open them, especially if you have little inventory space like I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    To save time do the following:

1. Skip mine and just buy ore on AH on non-oretrader days
    2. Do herbs cos they're rather quick, sub-1 minute usually (especially if you mill herbs in order to get war paints)
    3. Just vendor everything from SY, disenchant only the ilvl 610 blues (they have really low vendor price). Keep 665 epics ofc, vendor anything below that. Trying to make gold from DEing / auctioning this shit is completely pointless - you'll get some loose coopers for a hefty time investment.
    4. Send your guys on missions twice a day - morning and evening

Takes me about 40 minutes to do everything on 6 characters. This includes missions, collecting and re-filling work orders, doing the JC daily, harvesting herbs, doing proff cooldowns and vendoring the salvage.

Takes longer on a crafting day where I mail my stuff back and forth between alts and make gear upgrades out of all the savage blood I harvested.
    I agree, and forget about the ElvUI addon if you don't already have it, the real fun is at the addon Vend-o-matic which lets you autovendor all your greens! Saved me so much time with 11 alts all with salvage yard

Deleted
    I still get xp ones even thou all my followers are 100, so I think its random tbh.